Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant (237 Views)

Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Apostle Suleman Raises Dead Child Back To Life - Trezzyhelm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by sagenaija: 10:00am On Mar 23
Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant and Arrogant

One of the signs of any child of God, no matter his position in life, should be humility. Humility shows fear of God. Humility desires and accepts the truth. Humility makes a man admit it when it is clear that he is wrong. (Remember King David, when Nathan confronted him with his sinning?).

On the other hand, when SELF drives a person, arrogance comes to the fore. His PRESTIGE (his estimation in the eyes of people), takes center stage rather than God or God's integrity and plan.

This is what we see play out in the recent "Apostle" Suleman's saga of claiming that Jesus Christ told him that something the great Apostle Paul wrote was not from him (Jesus). Suleman went on to say that Apostle Peter warned people AGAINST Apostle Paul.

Suleman's subsequent"attempts" to clear himself (or perhaps better still, to defend his position) only just opened him up for who he truly is. Suleman was wrong on every count - whether on his claim about what Jesus told him or on Apostle Peter's warning against Paul. Yet he refused to admit his very clear errors.

For a "minister", he failed woefully to see the CONTEXT of some of the passages he tried to use to support himself. In Biblical interpretation and understanding, context is key. Nowhere did Apostle Paul claim that anything he said was not from God. A man of God ought to understand a basic truth between what Jesus Christ did not say while on earth and what he said the Holy Spirit was going to show or reveal through the apostles which they can claim as " Jesus Christ did not say this but I (or we) are revealing or stating them to you now". Suleman failed to see 2 Peter 1:20 or 2 Timothy 3:16.

If because of the image before men a man chooses not to acknowledge when he is wrong (again, contrast with David the King and Nathan) then he is showing to the discerning who he really is. God makes war with the arrogant.

When there is no fear of the Lord the expression of arrogance comes out clearly. Jesus Christ himself said, "For everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted."

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25am On Mar 23
At least he is Apostle so "don't judge" as most of you often say instead of making sure of the group that's practicing Christianity! smiley
Re: Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by sagenaija: 4:33pm On Mar 24
MaxInDHouse:
At least he is Apostle so "don't judge" as most of you often say instead of making sure of the group that's practicing Christianity! smiley
An Apostle? Are you sure?
Re: Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35pm On Mar 24
sagenaija:

An Apostle? Are you sure?
You address him as "Apostle" nah! smiley
Re: Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by sagenaija: 9:43am On Mar 25
MaxInDHouse:

You address him as "Apostle" nah! smiley
I suppose that you must have seen where I put the title in quotes in my writeup.
Re: Apostle Suleman Is Unrepentant And Arrogant by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:47am On Mar 25
sagenaija:

I suppose that you must have seen where I put the title in quotes in my writeup.

Well i didn't!

(1) (Reply)

The Christian’s Badge / The Chosen Daily Devotional 22nd Nov, 2016 / A Quiet Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.