Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue (269 Views)

Gunmen Abduct 10 Herders, ‘Steal 300 Cows’ In Anambra, Demand ₦4 Million / Bandits Abduct 10 Persons In Ondo, Demand ₦100 Million Ransom / Irigwe Killed 25 Fulani Muslim Travellers In Jos, Over 50 Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by iwaeda: 6:21pm On Mar 23
Ten people were reportedly kidnapped at the Taraba/Benue border community in Jootar, in the Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State on Friday.

A source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, explained that the driver of the ill-fated vehicle who escaped being kidnapped narrated the attack.

The source stated that the driver of the Sharon bus explained that he picked up the passengers at Takum junction in Wukari, Taraba State and that they were 10 in number.

He said, “He was to drop them (passengers) in Gboko where they ought to connect the vehicle to Akure.

“I Cannot Call My Forefathers Unwise Because I’m A Christian” -Says A Herbalist Who Is Also A Pastor0:00 / 1:01

“They took his phone. He had to use somebody’s phone to call me as soon as the incident happened. He is somebody I know very well.

“The incident happened around noon on Friday. That is what he told me. He picked them up from Takum, and the incident happened just 2 km from there in Jootar, Ukum LGA.”

Related News
Moscow concert hall attack death toll hits 93
Russia arrests concert hall gunmen as death toll hits 115
US issues red alert as gunmen kill 40 in Moscow
The driver was said to have reported the case at the Jootar police station.

When contacted, the lawmaker who represents Ukum State Constituency in the State Assembly, Ezra Nyiyongo, said he received such a report.

He said, “I was told that a vehicle was intercepted. According to what I heard since I am not the one who spoke with the driver, he said he picked those people from Wukari, Taraba State, and not in any school and was conveying them to Gboko.

“From Gboko, according to him, they were going to Akure for menial jobs. I am not quite sure. I am just reporting from the driver’s words. They were intercepted in Jootar in Ukum LGA.”

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the LG, Victor Iorzaa, said he could not confirm the incident, stating that both the council Divisional Police Officer nor the Chief Security Officer of the local government claimed not to have the report.

Also, the state Commissioner of Police, Emmanuel Adesina, said the command was not aware of the incident.

https://punchng.com/gunmen-abduct-10-travellers-in-benue/
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by helinues: 6:28pm On Mar 23
We are yet to see the difference between Ortom and Father Alia regarding Benue security

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Arobaga: 6:29pm On Mar 23
Come be like say Nigeria no get president

While the foolish Ebola is busy sleeping from one country to another

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Ozommadu: 6:51pm On Mar 23
helinues:
We are yet to see the difference between Ortom and Father Alia regarding Benue security

Better put, we're yet to see the difference between buhari and tinupoo regarding Nigeria security.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Xscape1993(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23
Arobaga:
Come be like say Nigeria no get president

While the foolish Ebola is busy sleeping from one country to another
Is there a president in Nigeria before?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by christejames(m): 6:53pm On Mar 23
Tinubu, when will this end? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by SeeWahala: 6:55pm On Mar 23
Machinegun91, come and check oh shocked
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by helinues: 6:58pm On Mar 23
Ozommadu:

Better put, we're yet to see the difference between buhari and tinupoo regarding Nigeria security.

Stay with the topic without derailing.

Thanks
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Melagros(m): 6:59pm On Mar 23
Hmmmmm, COMRADES, Benue State my route, may God protect from the hands of incompetent government

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Ozommadu: 7:00pm On Mar 23
helinues:

Stay with the topic without derailing.

Thanks

Don't cry😂

Tinupoo is a disaster

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by iwaeda: 7:00pm On Mar 23
Are we in the era of slave trade, when Efunsetan Aniwura used to sell people? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by helinues: 7:00pm On Mar 23
Ozommadu:

Don't cry

Your crying led to the derailing. So console yourself
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by rinzaugustine: 7:02pm On Mar 23
Nigeria no get president

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Korectmann: 7:05pm On Mar 23
helinues:
You are fired for always coming late to work. Don't come to our office again.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by Foreverly02: 7:29pm On Mar 23
Hmm
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by iwaeda: 8:33pm On Mar 23
rinzaugustine:
Nigeria no get president
grin grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by AdamuKD: 8:43pm On Mar 23
Ebola Tinubu is the most useless presidiot In the whole wide world
Re: Gunmen Abduct 10 Travellers In Benue by AdamuKD: 8:46pm On Mar 23
helinues:
It's obvious that you don't have shame and you equally don't have conscience. Sadist

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Believe In One Nigeria-tinubu / RIVERS APC Tackles Imo Reps, Ugochinyere, Over Interference In Rivers Politics 0 / Naira Abuse: Court Grants Cubana Chief Priest N10m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.