Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,767 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. (495 Views)

2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola / Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 / Sowore: Atiku Condemns Attack, Says Rule Of Law Must Be Respected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Localemperor: 8:04am On Mar 24
Yes Igbos have Muslims, they makes up about 0.005% of the entire Igbo population. Yuroba Muslims makes up about 55% of the entire population in the south west.

Which of this group will the North be comfortable with.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Iamanoited: 8:53am On Mar 24
IT IS YORUBA NOT YUROBA.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Houseontherock1: 9:11am On Mar 24
Localemperor:
Yes Igbos have Muslims, they makes up about 0.005% of the entire Igbo population. Yuroba Muslims makes up about 55% of the entire population in the south west.

Yoruba Muslims don't make up 55% of the population and you know that! Stop being mischievous and read academic literature!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by kimjongJezebel: 10:29am On Mar 24
Houseontherock1:

Yoruba Muslims don't make up 55% of the population and you know that! Stop being mischievous and read academic literature!
Yoruba Muslims are far more than Yoruba Christians. I think Muslims are more than 70% in SW. Most important positions in SW be it Obas, NURTW, and the rest are mostly held by Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by AlexBells(m): 10:31am On Mar 24
Igbo Muslim are like gold, Yoruba Muslim are like Bronze at other times like chaff. I used to see the way Mortherners use to rejoice when they see a single Igbo Muslim lol. Personally I no dey see any Yoruba Muslim ooh, they are all Yorubas and would place their religion second in most cases.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Georgry(m): 11:21am On Mar 24
kimjongJezebel:

Yoruba Muslims are far more than Yoruba Christians. I think Muslims are more than 70% in SW. Most important positions in SW be it Obas, NURTW, and the rest are mostly held by Yoruba Muslims.

You're trying to be mischievous, your divide and rule tactics cannot work, the reason it can't work is because we are too mixed to discriminate against ourselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by kimjongJezebel: 11:55am On Mar 24
Georgry:

You're trying to be mischievous, your divide and rule tactics cannot work, the reason it can't work is because we are too mixed to discriminate against ourselves.

Prove me wrong. Why not put tribe and religion in the census data/questionnaire just like other countries do except Nigeria? Is that not the best way to know these things? Stop denying the fact that Yoruba Muslims are in control of SW.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by DevilsEqual(m): 12:05pm On Mar 24
I like Yorubas die
Like these guys balanced the population of Christians and Muslims in their midsts to almost 50-50

Not sure I've seen a tribe so balanced and tolerant of diverse views up to almost equal level

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Houseontherock1: 1:47pm On Mar 24
kimjongJezebel:

That's what they want you to believe! I'm a demographer, I have field data from different studies that show that Muslims don't even make 50% of the population of the South West Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by ZombieTAMER: 2:39pm On Mar 24
Localemperor:

There's nothing like Igbo Muslim

2 Likes

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by kimjongJezebel: 7:20pm On Mar 24
AlexBells:
Igbo Muslim are like gold, Yoruba Muslim are like Bronze at other times like chaff. I used to see the way Mortherners use to rejoice when they see a single Igbo Muslim lol. Personally I no dey see any Yoruba Muslim ooh, they are all Yorubas and would place their religion second in most cases.

I've not come across any Igbo Muslim. I think they're very few.

1 Like

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by AlexBells(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24
kimjongJezebel:

My grandma was a Muslim with her late husband. Igbo Muslims are quite few but still they are there.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by hafeeanubasy: 9:31pm On Mar 24
DevilsEqual:
I like Yorubas die
Like these guys balanced the population of Christians and Muslims in their midsts to almost 50-50

Not sure I've seen a tribe so balanced and tolerant of diverse views up to almost equal level
Even when we vote,its almost 50:50....even when our son is on ballot.
That is one thing I hate about us.
We ate just too liberal in everything..EVERYTHING!
Politics,religion, education entertainment.....

1 Like

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by hafeeanubasy: 9:32pm On Mar 24
Houseontherock1:

That's what they want you to believe! I'm a demographer, I have field data from different studies that show that Muslims don't even make 50% of the population of the South West Nigeria.
This is a big LIE.
As a yoruba man and a Muslim.
We are 50:50...I dont believe Muslims are more.Muslims used to be more but many Muslims have converted through education and the likes
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Houseontherock1: 5:30am On Mar 25
hafeeanubasy:

This is a big LIE.
As a yoruba man and a Muslim.
We are 50:50...I dont believe Muslims are more.Muslims used to be more but many Muslims have converted through education and the likes
You responded to the wrong post sir. I'm schooling the guy that said we have more Muslims...right now, studies have shown we have a higher percentage of Yoruba Christians, hard as it may be to believe
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by chopnaira: 5:35am On Mar 25
Localemperor:

Who cares. Religion is personal and between you and your God, and not what other feels about you.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by chopnaira: 5:38am On Mar 25
kimjongJezebel:

Igbos don't like Muslims and are not tolerant of the Islamic religion. Any Muslim in Alaibo is endangered.

https://www.thecable.ng/seast-governors-must-break-this-silence-on-the-killing-of-igbo-muslims/amp?/seast-governors-must-break-this-silence-on-the-killing-of-igbo-muslims

https://saharareporters.com/2021/05/18/when-south-easterners-see-us-they-label-us-hausa-traitors%E2%80%94-igbo-muslims-lament#google_vignette

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by MadamExcellency: 7:29am On Mar 25
AlexBells:

My grandma was a Muslim with her late husband. Igbo Muslims are quite few but still they are there.

Bros, Igbo is Igbo. There's nothing like Igbo Christian or Igbo traditionalists hence no Igbo Muslim.

How do you separate Odinala and Uka? The same people, different lifestyle, beliefs depending on the festival or ceremony.

There is nothing like Igbo Muslim. Your grandparents lifestyle was simply Igbo.
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by naija4life247: 7:52am On Mar 25
Localemperor:

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by AlexBells(m): 8:24am On Mar 25
MadamExcellency:

Bros, Igbo is Igbo. There's nothing like Igbo Christian or Igbo traditionalists hence no Igbo Muslim.

How do you separate Odinala and Uka? The same people, different lifestyle, beliefs depending on the festival or ceremony.

There is nothing like Igbo Muslim. Your grandparents lifestyle was simply Igbo.
I know where you are going however in the context at hand, Igbo Muslim exist, Like same way one can say Mary slessor was a Scottish Presbyterian. The religion is being defined not the ethnicity
Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by koondog: 8:40am On Mar 25
Northerners don't play with Igbo Muslims. You can test this on Facebook, post 1 Igbo man or woman converts to Islam and post 2 Yoruba man or woman converts to Islam. Igbo post will receive over 1k comments from Northerners in 24hrs while Yoruba post will receive only 100. Northerners value the seriousness, dedication and discipline of Igbo people in whatever they do. In fact Northerners can go to bed knowing Islam will be in good hands with Igbos. For Yoruba, Northerners see them as not dedicated and neither here nor there. Most Northerners cannot understand how Tinubu is a Muslim and his wife is not. It might seem normal to Yoruba, but it's not normal to Northerners and certainly not normal to Igbos. A wife is supposed to follow the religion of her husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yuroba Muslim Or Igbo Muslims Which Of This Group Would Be Respected The Most. by Localemperor: 9:48am On Mar 25
naija4life247:

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you
yeyeyeyeyeyeye that line is now stale, wait till others use a new one.

(1) (Reply)

16 Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno / Peter Obi Will Win 2027 Election / Let Us Split If The Nigeria Rhe North Wants:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.