Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

What Do You Love About Sunday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Love About Sunday? (4048 Views)

Why Did Jesus Ask Simon Peter, "Do You Love Me" Three Times? / This is what we might not know about Sunday / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24
wirinet:

The Jesus character was a pacifist. All his actions and preaching were pacifist in nature except where he was said to have beaten people selling in the temple. I believe that narrative was added by be Catholic authorities. It makes no sense for Jesus to go to a Jewish temple he was not the chief rabbi and start fighting people selling religious ornaments.
His pacifist doctrines includes;
Turning the other cheek
Stopping the lynching of a woman accused of adultery
Entering the house and eating with gentiles
Eating together on the same table with his followers and disciples. (Abomination in todays Christianity)
Commanding his disciples not to fight the authorities upon his arrest.
Preaching that give what belongs to caesar unto Caesar and God unto God.
Forgive all those who sins against you against the prevailing "an eye for an eye".

That pacifist leader is a complete literary creation, he never existed. It's an invention by Rome! Otherwise, furnish me with his history outside of the bible

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by okoroemeka(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24
Omooba77:
What do you Love about Sunday?
Sunday rice and stew

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Tallesty1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24
[quote author=folake4u post=129083406][/quote]Na to just open church near your house.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24
Hanndye:

The earliest Christians don't call it Sunday, they call it the Lord's day being on the first day of the week. And they have been worshipping on that day since the Ascension of Christ and the beginning of Christianity. It has nothing to do with Roman paganism or what have you. If it falls on the day the world calls Sunday no fuse. That might as well be their headache, it doesn't bother the true Christians.

The "day of the Lord" or the day of the savior or the day of the redeemer or Sunday or whatever have you are all the same because all the other savior gods before Jesus were also all called Lord, savior, Christ, redeemer, the way, the truth, life, etc.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by folake4u(f): 1:55pm On Mar 24
Tallesty1:
Na to just open church near your house.

There are churches close to my house oh.

One Pastor gave me his flier when I was returning home from work. I promised to show up but never went. lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Tallesty1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 24
folake4u:

There are churches close to my house oh.

One Pastor gave me his flier when I was returning home from work. I promised to show up but never went. lipsrsealed
Why though?
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by folake4u(f): 2:05pm On Mar 24
Tallesty1:
Why though?

I don't have strength.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by DeepSight(m): 2:10pm On Mar 24
wirinet:

The Jesus character was a pacifist. All his actions and preaching were pacifist in nature except where he was said to have beaten people selling in the temple. I believe that narrative was added by be Catholic authorities. It makes no sense for Jesus to go to a Jewish temple he was not the chief rabbi and start fighting people selling religious ornaments.
His pacifist doctrines includes;
Turning the other cheek
Stopping the lynching of a woman accused of adultery
Entering the house and eating with gentiles
Eating together on the same table with his followers and disciples. (Abomination in todays Christianity)
Commanding his disciples not to fight the authorities upon his arrest.
Preaching that give what belongs to caesar unto Caesar and God unto God.
Forgive all those who sins against you against the prevailing "an eye for an eye".

All these teachings would have been music to Roman ears oh. Consider that.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Hanndye: 3:12pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

The "day of the Lord" or the day of the savior or the day of the redeemer or Sunday or whatever have you are all the same because all the other savior gods before Jesus were also all called Lord, savior, Christ, redeemer, the way, the truth, life, etc.

It has nothing to do with naming days (they did not even have the right),just that they worship the Lord on the first day of the week. It's the world that didn't understand what they were doing and twisted it into whatever they liked. They saw the beauty of Christianity and integrated it into their paganism with State laws.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24
Makes my weekend 2 days 💪🏿💪🏿
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24
Hanndye:

It has nothing to do with naming days (they did not even have the right),just that they worship the Lord on the first day of the week. It's the world that didn't understand what they were doing and twisted it into whatever they liked. They saw the beauty of Christianity and integrated it into their paganism with State laws.

State laws?

We already know how the state (Rome) created it. Christianity was actually integrated into paganism, making it the grand Master of all pagan religions.

But even if you argue it was paganism that was instead integrated into Christianity, it doesn't save Christianity from being a pagan religion all the same.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Farfalla(f): 3:28pm On Mar 24
folake4u:
Not going to church, clean sheets, Sunday rice, movies and dark room.

** Speeds off to fetch koboko.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Emdebby2: 3:29pm On Mar 24
Sunday is my best day.
Sunday worship
Special Sunday breakfast
Plenty rest
Special Sunday dinner
Staying indoors watching movies
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by faithfull18(f): 3:38pm On Mar 24
Favourite day of the week where I play dress up and go to my father's house😉
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Hanndye: 3:40pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

State laws?

We already know how the state (Rome) created it. Christianity was actually integrated into paganism, making it the grand Master of all pagan religions.

But even if you argue it was paganism that was instead integrated into Christianity, it doesn't save Christianity from being a pagan religion all the same.
True Christianity endured just like Jesus assured.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24
Hanndye:

True Christianity endured just like Jesus assured.

Two thousand years is too short to make that conclusion. There are so many dead religions today but which thrived before Christianity.

Eventually, religion as a whole would die and give way to knowledge (KNOWING) instead of BELIEVING. It's a matter of time.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Sapasenator: 4:08pm On Mar 24
Resting and relaxing at home.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Hanndye: 4:28pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

Two thousand years is too short to make that conclusion. There are so many dead religions today but which thrived before Christianity.

Eventually, religion as a whole would die and give way to knowledge (KNOWING) instead of BELIEVING. It's a matter of time.
The KNOWING here is people like you realizing the spiritual world. The spiritual world is eternal and, God in the spiritual world made the physical world. You marvel at the physical world now but when you die, you will realize that there is much more than the physical world.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by folake4u(f): 4:42pm On Mar 24
Farfalla:

Noooooo. embarassed
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24
Hanndye:

The KNOWING here is people like you realizing the spiritual world. The spiritual world is eternal and, God in the spiritual world made the physical world. You marvel at the physical world now but when you die, you will realize that there is much more than the physical world.

I am more spiritual than you and your pastor.

It's important you know that KNOWING (knowledge) was part and parcel of earliest Christianity called the Gnostics but Rome shut them down and replaced them with the dumb belief system you have today. That's why today you're religious. But being religious is not the same as being spiritual.

As a Christian or whatever religion you belong to, you're religious but you can't be religious and spiritual at the same time. Any day you become spiritual, nobody would tell you to quit Christianity.

Everything in your bible about "after death" is falsehood.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by sprints1: 5:42pm On Mar 24
folake4u:
Not going to church, clean sheets, Sunday rice, movies and dark room.
to knack in the dark abi Netflix and off light
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by sprints1: 5:44pm On Mar 24
The fact I can roam the streets without seeing any unforseen traders or person wey I know is so cool and unimaginable... I get to trek without seeing my enemies who no free make I buy car
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by folake4u(f): 6:13pm On Mar 24
sprints1:
to knack in the dark abi Netflix and off light

Lol.

Movies and off light, like I'm currently doing.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by GloriousGbola: 7:11pm On Mar 24
Farfalla:

folake4u:

Noooooo. embarassed

Hot dominatrix action on a Sunday afternoon

Folake4u don't allow anyone to bully you ooo

No gree in 2024. Fight to finish. Koboko me I bulala you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UcchGOz8I?si=GUP729yLoVObwpmD

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by folake4u(f): 7:33pm On Mar 24
GloriousGbola:

Hot dominatrix action on a Sunday afternoon

Folake4u don't allow anyone to bully you ooo

No gree in 2024. Fight to finish. Koboko me I bulala you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-UcchGOz8I?si=GUP729yLoVObwpmD

No gree for anybody indeed. 🤣🤣
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by wirinet(m): 7:57pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

I don't think religion can ever die. Religion thrives on ignorance and/or poverty. And the religious, political and business elites make sure they keep populace poor, ignorant and helpless. Infact religion will continue to grow within poor impoverished countries of the world.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by DeepSight(m): 8:00pm On Mar 24
wirinet:

I don't think religion can ever die. Religion thrives on ignorance and/or poverty. And the religious, political and business elites make sure they keep populace poor, ignorant and helpless. Infact religion will continue to grow within poor impoverished countries of the world.

Aside from that the natural fear of the unknown future and death will always find a place for religion.
Some will also retain religion from sincere awe at the nature of our existence and the spectacle of reality and the universe.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 8:19pm On Mar 24
wirinet:

You don't have to go too far to realize that. All you have to do is checkout Christianity and Europe today. They've almost parted ways when compared to the hay days of Christianity in Europe.

By the way, your site www.adasbakes.com isn't working. Seems you make cakes? Just curious.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by Hanndye: 8:34pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

I am more spiritual than you and your pastor.

It's important you know that KNOWING (knowledge) was part and parcel of earliest Christianity called the Gnostics but Rome shut them down and replaced them with the dumb belief system you have today. That's why today you're religious. But being religious is not the same as being spiritual.

As a Christian or whatever religion you belong to, you're religious but you can't be religious and spiritual at the same time. Any day you become spiritual, nobody would tell you to quit Christianity.

Everything in your bible about "after death" is falsehood.
So what is it to be spiritual - to go against the perfect Will of God?
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24
Hanndye:

So what is it to be spiritual - to go against the perfect Will of God?

And the perfect will of God is to create thousands of religious denominations against one another? That instead looks like the perfect will of an anti-God entity.
Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by wirinet(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24
musicwriter:

You don't have to go too far to realize that. All you have to do is checkout Christianity and Europe today. They've almost parted ways when compared to the hay days of Christianity in Europe.
That was because Europe went through an age of enlightenment where knowledge took over from faith and belief. In most third world countries belief is promoted above knowledge.
Until we place acquisition of knowledge above belief, we will continue to retrogress until we go get back into dark ages or we are completely colonised.

By the way, your site www.adasbakes.com isn't working. Seems you make cakes? Just curious.
It's wife's site. My wife is a Baker. I have not had time to maintain it. I have had to increase my hustle 5 times just to make ends meet.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Sunday? by musicwriter(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24
wirinet:

That was because Europe went through an age of enlightenment where knowledge took over from faith and belief. In most third world countries belief is promoted above knowledge.
Until we place acquisition of knowledge above belief, we will continue to retrogress until we go get back into dark ages or we are completely colonised.

It's wife's site. My wife is a Baker. I have not had time to maintain it. I have had to increase my hustle 5 times just to make ends meet.

Indeed, our fate in Africa and other colonized countries would be either to be re-colonized or break free.

The problem is that real knowledge, which is self inspired type of knowledge can only occur in our native languages. Only then shall we intellectually override religion as a whole because the argument would be that if foreign religion is slavery and isn't good for us, then foreign language isn't different.

That's the enlightenment that needs to happen but one that we're not prepared for yet. This cultural revolution would have happened in 1962 but Britain and the CIA cornered Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Christopher Okigbo, Ezekiel Mphalele and used them to stop the revolution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pics: Look At How Isis Has Turn To Killing Innocent Christian's Children / Pantheism / A Cool Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.