Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Holy Week Journey To The Cross - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Week Journey To The Cross (3695 Views)

Holy Week Made Present Today / Lent And Holy Week 2022 Schedule. / Good Friday | Holy Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Chikel20000(m): 10:25am On Mar 24
DeathToSimps:

They are committing genocide in Gaza.
No true Christian will support genocide.

I do not.

Fk the genocidal Jews who are murdering innocent men, women and children en masse.
maybe u r right but d radical islam guys won't stop if u don't give them fire for fire....
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Mar 24
Sunnycliff:

Saturday, Jesus took the saints in Hades to Paradise, does that justify purgatory?

No. Why would you think so? undecided
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by DeathToSimps: 11:22am On Mar 24
osuofia2:

Russia just got hit by your brother's in fate,Kandaha in Afganistan just got hit by a suicide bomber.yet no justice for them. Abi those lives no matter?

People lille you are the greatest fools.

First of all, I am a Christian. A practicing Catholic for that matter.

And I believe in Jesus, the only son of God, Christ the king.

Now do you know Jews think saying "Christ is king" is antisemitic?

You're a dumb dullard so you don't understand the depth of Jewish deception and evil.

Now even Russia's president Putin is saying the attackers are linked to Ukraine and unlikely to be ISIS.

Are you even aware that ISIS is a creation of the CIA?

1 Like

Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by DeathToSimps: 11:23am On Mar 24
Chikel20000:
maybe u r right but d radical islam guys won't stop if u don't give them fire for fire....

That does not mean I will support the destruction and elimination of an entire group of people - the Palestinians.

That's genocide. No true Christian will support genocide.
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Mar 24
Palm Sunday: Holy Week Scripture Readings

Psalm 118:15, 19-21, 22-24, 26a
Zechariah 9:9
Matthew 21:1-11

Today, we begin on Palm Sunday when Jesus entered Jerusalem in a way that uniquely identified Him as Israel’s Messiah in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy. Listen to what the prophets had said:

https://www.annegrahamlotz.org/palm-sunday-holy-week-scripture-readings/

Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by bluefilm: 12:11pm On Mar 24
Nteogwuija:
Lol, religion and hypocrisy. They're free to live 'unholy' for the remainder 358 days.

You can imagine!
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by VinnyBaba: 12:19pm On Mar 24
bluefilm:

You can imagine!

Holy week does NOT mean you can Commit sin freely for the other weeks of the Year.😕

It is a week to remind ourselves of Christ's Suffering and Death on the cross!😔🙂

You as a Catholic, should know this. 😏🙂
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by RenaissanceGuy: 12:35pm On Mar 24
kenny714433:
Read wide and stop sounding ignorant. If for anything, Catholic is a traditional church. Not only do they have all documents in scrolls in the Vatican, they practice the event till today even until the next 1000 years.
And I should believe you who say that you are liar and a cheat as seen in your signature??
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by osuofia2(m): 12:40pm On Mar 24
DeathToSimps:

People lille you are the greatest fools.

First of all, I am a Christian. A practicing Catholic for that matter.

And I believe in Jesus, the only son of God, Christ the king.

Now do you know Jews think saying "Christ is king" is antisemitic?

You're a dumb dullard so you don't understand the depth of Jewish deception and evil.

Now even Russia's president Putin is saying the attackers are linked to Ukraine and unlikely to be ISIS.

Are you even aware that ISIS is a creation of the CIA?
Fukk what you think, yenyen, I am a catholic, Taqiya bastardsssss ..... let the world have peace and stop drawing the universe back. ISIS, BOKO HARAM,ALQAIDA,ISWAP. ONLY ONE RELIGION SHAME
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:
Historically, the death of Jesus happened, and confirmed

He paid for the sins of humanity on that cross

All you need to do is to believe and accept his act of sacrifice for you

Don’t listen to lies of false religious teachings that lies that Jesus was not crucified or die on the cross. They teach that someone in the image of Jesus was the one that died and that Jesus was rescued away while the innocent look-alike died in his stead.

They make a mockery of themselves because their religion also teaches that no one can die for the sins of others but they want us to believe that a look alike died for the sin of Jesus! What a contradiction

Do you know why they don’t want you to believe in the death of Jesus? Because the devil they serve doesn’t want to accept that defeat and he wants to block you from salvation. He wants to lead you to hell.

Also, by accepting that Jesus died means that it will expose the false prophet as an impostor because there wouldn’t have been any need for another “prophet” after Jesus had said that “it is finished “

So in order to remain relevant, the false prophet had to lie that a Jesus look-alike was the one that was crucified and die on the cross.

Free your mind today, accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you, embrace him and repent of your sins. Your own work can’t save you
But Jesus didn't actually hang on the cross because bible said whoever hanged on the cross is a cursed one..
Or your God is cursed
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by DeathToSimps: 12:57pm On Mar 24
osuofia2:

Fukk what you think, yenyen, I am a catholic, Taqiya bastardsssss ..... let the world have peace and stop drawing the universe back. ISIS, BOKO HARAM,ALQAIDA,ISWAP. ONLY ONE RELIGION SHAME

You must be a dumbfuck to think the mass murdering of men, women and children is war against terrorism.
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24
Expanse2020:

But Jesus didn't actually hang on the cross because
So according to the Quran, who was the innocent person that was on the cross?
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Sunnycliff(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24
OLAADEGBU:

No. Why would you think so? undecided

That's the basis for the Catholic belief of the purgatory
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by bluefilm: 2:44pm On Mar 24
VinnyBaba:

Holy week does NOT mean you can Commit sin freely for the other weeks of the Year.😕

It is a week to remind ourselves of Christ's Suffering and Death on the cross!😔🙂

You as a Catholic, should know this. 😏🙂

Do you really need to be reminded that Christ suffered and died on the Cross?

That's lame
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24
Sunnycliff:

That's the basis for the Catholic belief of the purgatory

Jesus emptied Paradise (Abraham's bosom) on His ascension.
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by osuofia2(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24
DeathToSimps:

You must be a dumbfuck to think the mass murdering of men, women and children is war against terrorism.
Keep jumping the message. Tell your brothers to embrace peace and stop causing the world pain. Use Nigeria as a case study. When next are your people going to detonate bomb and shoot god is great. Sick
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Sunnycliff(m): 3:59pm On Mar 24
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus emptied Paradise (Abraham's bosom) on His ascension.

Is Hades now Abraham paradise? Jesus took people from Hades not Abraham blossom from the account of his Resurrection
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24
Sunnycliff:

Is Hades now Abraham paradise? Jesus took people from Hades not Abraham blossom from the account of his Resurrection

It was from Paradise (Abraham's bosom) not hades. Follow the reading plan below for more. smiley
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24
This verse comes from our "Journey to the Cross" Reading Plan. You can read today's devotion here: https://www.gotquestions.org/Journey-to-the-cross-32.html

Source

#GotQuestions
#BibleRef
#verseoftheday

Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 5:14pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

Did Jesus carry his cross or another person carry for him

If he is the one that died and wake up why marry maganline can not identify him and Jesus said you can't recognize again..it's me Jesus... Don't you find it odd
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24
Expanse2020:

Did Jesus carry his cross or another person carry for him

If he is the one that died and wake up why marry maganline can not identify him and Jesus said you can't recognize again..it's me Jesus... Don't you find it odd

If your Quran said the person was made to look like Jesus, the nonsense you wrote up there doesn’t make sense, cos according to the Islamic sources, even the disciples were deceived by the appearance of the so called Jesus look-alike on the cross
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

If your Quran said the person was made to look like Jesus, the nonsense you wrote up there doesn’t make sense, cos according to the Islamic sources, even the disciples were deceived by the appearance of the so called Jesus look-alike on the cross
According to the bible non of the desciple followed him they forsook him, fled and hide for like three days...so who now saw him on the cross
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 5:52pm On Mar 24
Expanse2020:

According to the bible non of the desciple followed him
Liar like Muhammad:
“When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, 'Woman,here is your son,' and to the disciple, 'Here is your mother.' From that time on, this disciple took her into his home." (John 19:26-27)

It’s funny that you have rejected your Quranic version that a Jesus look-alike was on the cross?

Who was that person, what was his offence and why did he die for Jesus? 😆
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by DeathToSimps: 6:27pm On Mar 24
osuofia2:

Keep jumping the message. Tell your brothers to embrace peace and stop causing the world pain. Use Nigeria as a case study. When next are your people going to detonate bomb and shoot god is great. Sick

Deflect as much as you want. I am a Christian and I do not support the genocide of the Palestinians.

You're just a sick, evil, twisted, dumb, ignorant and brainwashed Zionist.
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

Liar like Muhammad:
“When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, 'Woman,here is your son,' and to the disciple, 'Here is your mother.' From that time on, this disciple took her into his home." (John 19:26-27)

It’s funny that you have rejected your Quranic version that a Jesus look-alike was on the cross?

Who was that person, what was his offence and why did he die for Jesus? 😆
So I think bible is lying, if the verse you quote is correct
Bible is contradictory here is mark and Mattew confirming they all ran away and hide..
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Who come follow him
While He was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came . . . they laid their hands on Him and took Him. Then they (disciples) all forsook Him and fled. Mark 14:43, 46, 50 (NKJV)

Matthew 27:27 states that Jesus was forsaken by the disciples when the Roman soldiers arrested Jesus after Judas betrayed Him. The disciples ran!
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by osuofia2(m): 7:22pm On Mar 24
DeathToSimps:

Deflect as much as you want. I am a Christian and I do not support the genocide of the Palestinians.

You're just a sick, evil, twisted, dumb, ignorant and brainwashed Zionist.
Put your christianity in your pocket. Start from home. Condemn the killing of Christians in the north. Like the brutal killing of Deborah and others.
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24
Expanse2020:

So I think bible is lying, if the verse you quote is correct
Bible is contradictory here is mark and Mattew confirming they all ran away and hide..
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Who come follow him
While He was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came . . . they laid their hands on Him and took Him. Then they (disciples) all forsook Him and fled. Mark 14:43, 46, 50 (NKJV)

Matthew 27:27 states that Jesus was forsaken by the disciples when the Roman soldiers arrested Jesus after Judas betrayed Him. The disciples ran!
Ode, running away when they arrested him and being present at the crucifixion are not the same, he wasn’t crucified the same night he was arrested.

You are as foolish as Muhammad whom after every encounter with the jinn that pinned him down three times in the cave, would sit down and be giving you lies

I can see how you’ve been evading my question on who the look alike of jesus according to the lies of your Quran was
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

Ode, running away when they arrested him and being present at the crucifixion are not the same, he wasn’t crucified the same night he was arrested.

You are as foolish as Muhammad whom after every encounter with the jinn that pinned him down three times in the cave, would sit down and be giving you lies

I can see how you’ve been evading my question on who the look alike of jesus according to the lies of your Quran was
Fool
They were in hide for 3days they didn't come out until Mary Magdalene call them to come and see Jesus
My questions is when Jesus wake up why that Mary Magdalene cannot identify him..if he truly died why Mary cannot identify him
Use ur sense for once..na your father generation you de insult not my prophet
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 10:25pm On Mar 24
Expanse2020:

Fool
They were in hide for 3days they didn't come out until Mary Magdalene call them to come and see Jesus
My questions is when Jesus wake up why that Mary Magdalene cannot identify him..if he truly died why Mary cannot identify him
Use ur sense for once..na your father generation you de insult not my prophet
You call a demon possessed man who was pinned down by a jinn 3 times in a cave and ran home to his sugar mommy a prophet?

You call a man always snorting like a camel when ever the demon was tormenting him a prophet?

You call a man that was bewitched and started hallucinating about having sex and believed he had sex when he didn’t, a prophet?

No wonder you are acting like a lunatic too, he has infected you with craze
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by Expanse2020(m): 11:39pm On Mar 24
advocatejare:

You call a demon possessed man who was pinned down by a jinn 3 times in a cave and ran home to his sugar mommy a prophet?

You call a man always snorting like a camel when ever the demon was tormenting him a prophet?

You call a man that was bewitched and started hallucinating about having sex and believed he had sex when he didn’t, a prophet?

No wonder you are acting like a lunatic too, he has infected you with craze
Have you watch the what Putin uncover from the Russian vault...those part of the bible how was removed and guess what Jesus is Black.
What happened to the prayers you pray to the white Jésùs
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Putin uncover the truth let see what happens to Christianity with their liessss
The white Jésùs is Zeus, oldest Jewish, Latin, Greek God🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 waisted effort from the religion of lie
Re: Holy Week Journey To The Cross by advocatejare(m): 5:51am On Mar 25
Expanse2020:

Have you watch the what Putin uncover from the Russian vault...those part of the bible how was removed and guess what Jesus is Black.
What happened to the prayers you pray to the white Jésùs
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Putin uncover the truth let see what happens to Christianity with their liessss
The white Jésùs is Zeus, oldest Jewish, Latin, Greek God🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 waisted effort from the religion of lie
You can’t be a follower of Muhammad and not be foolish who believes every lies no wonder Muhammad was able to feed you with lies and fables.

Allah was praying to Allah in Al-Fatiha, Allah was worshipping Allah, Allah was praying to be guided to the right path. Abi the Quran no ne direct word of Allah anymore?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Members Aka Winners Chapel Lets Meet / 17 Facts You Need To Know About Psalm 23 / Jesus Christ The Incarnation Of Adam - Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.