Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria (31265 Views)

10 States With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters As Of August 1, 2022 / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Unemployed Nigerians / Minimum Wage Showdown: FG In Dilemma As 10 States Offer NLC Higher Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 9:48am On Mar 25
Top 10 not that they are the only states borrowing to pay workers.
The states that will be exempted totally are Lagos,Rivers and Ogun states because they have robust Igrs.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by drlateef: 9:49am On Mar 25
successmatters:
APC states will dominate the list as usual. APC is a curse unto humanity.

Shut up!!! Five of them are not APC states. And Lagos is the home of the president, the state with largest workforce and biggest salary, the home of the president is not borrowing money to pay salary. What about that?
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by teepain: 9:50am On Mar 25
adioolayi:
We forget things easily...

State Governments were unable to pay salaries between 2015-2023 ....they were banking on paltry FAAC and FGN -CBN interventions through borrowing..

Now, subsidy is removed and their FAAC allocation increased by over ,60% ...Non of them is borrowing to pay salaries now..

..and yet, some of us are criticising the government for removal of subsidy

Although, there are still loads of things to be done, especially on alleviating the sufferings we masses are going through because of subsidy removal....the Nation would have collapsed if the subsidy was not removed.

Most Nigerians are forgetful. The Nigerian economy has been wobbling for some years. I remember when the former minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy, Dr Okonjo Iweala, disclosed that Federal Government was borrowing to pay federal government employees towards the end of GEJ's government. About that same time, more than two-third of the states owed their employees several months' salary.

On of the first things Buhari did as president was to bail out the states with borrowed funds. He bailed out the states about 3 times and that started his journey of borrowing which persisted through its tenure.

I am curious to know how we got to a situation where FG couldn't afford to pay staff salaries towards GEJ tenure end despite the fact that Obasanjo previously got us debt relief and paid the outstanding debts.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Joy2dworldxyz: 9:59am On Mar 25
How come all turned blind eyes on Obi's Anambra that's not on the list.
Just imagine that Anambra was there even if na number 100.....
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Dream25: 10:03am On Mar 25
CountinBlessins:

Inciting comment

Seun mynd44 mukina2 obinoscopy nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 fergie001
You really need to have your brain checked..
So you did not see the one that was talking about South West states?..

Inciting comments my foot.. shocked
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Prigidypogodo(f): 10:06am On Mar 25
what of igr
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Bfly: 10:14am On Mar 25
State government set get too much wahala
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Rivermonster(m): 10:43am On Mar 25
Goodvibes007:

Edo has been PDP for the last how many years?
why you dey reply the fo*l leave the Idi*t make e carry e stupidi*y dey go.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by JettPatterson: 10:49am On Mar 25
Oh,good information.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by commoditiesnig: 11:02am On Mar 25
helinues:
Monthly Oyel money have increased since we stopped paying fuel subsidy, the state that are owning dont have any excuse of not paying.

The 10 Onigbese states
Very true! No excuse at all
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by winner37(m): 11:12am On Mar 25
Glory be to God AKWA IBOM is not on the list ...
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:39am On Mar 25
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by damkin24(m): 11:39am On Mar 25
successmatters:
Sorry for your pains
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Hawkler: 11:50am On Mar 25
Richtaiwo:
What's happening in Kogi state? All the 10 states are almost done with repayment but Kogi has not paid a dime. And it favorably competes with Abia as the highest borrower.
Is Kogi a place? Recycled state.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Millimann: 12:12pm On Mar 25
Richtaiwo:
What's happening in kogi state? All the 10 states are almost done with repayment but kogi has not paid a dime. And it favourably competes with Abia as the highest borrowers.

What you wrote About Abia shows that you lack comprehension skills.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by eneye1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25
successmatters:
Your brain is too small if you think is party matter. When are you going to have sense. Who are those in APC and who are those in PDP,LP.
Most have have moved from one party to the other.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by MT: 12:46pm On Mar 25
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 12:59pm On Mar 25
helinues:

Be calming down when mentioning me.

Why are you always in haste?
That doesn't change what he was saying. This government na wor wor for INFLATION.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Winning123: 1:07pm On Mar 25
successmatters:

Osun was APC
Oyo was APC
Kano was APC
Edo was APC
The other 5 are still APC till today.

Obvious you are high. Keep away from it
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Shikena(m): 1:39pm On Mar 25
Me too. If Anambra dey dere I would have condemned this data as fake, but this data favored me and my family so all is well grin .

stasius:
I know Anambra is not among.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by NwekereNdokl: 1:48pm On Mar 25
Imo and Abia state are the most useless states in southern Nigeria
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by kikake: 7:24pm On Mar 25
chopnaira:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/24/top-10-states-that-borrowed-from-the-cbn-to-pay-salaries-in-nigeria/?amp=1

Imo civil service is overpopulated by indegenous Owerri people since the state was created.
The little money that is left after paying salaries is put into creating roads and drainages and refuse cleaning for the new towns emerging in Owerri zone. Nothing is left to look at rest of the state outside Owerri. Imo state has been grounded in Owerri.
Re: Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria by Snitcher410: 11:34am On Mar 26
stano2:
If to say I see Delta state... I for swear for them
LoL me too self because we have money gon.. but I'm not seeing the money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Ambode's CV! This Is What We Need In Lagos. / Pictures Of President Tinubu At Benin Republic's 63rd Independence Day Parade / Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.