Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support (31266 Views)

Obasanjo Spotted Playing Traditional Game, Ayo, As Jonathan Watches. Photo / PDP Senators Withdraw Support For Buhari’s Govt / Rumble In SSS As Jonathan’s CSO, Others Vow To Challenge Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
The reelection bid of Governor Idris Wada of Kogi State may have suffered a major setback following indications that former President, Goodluck Jonathan and some entrenched interests within the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, are against him returning to the Government House in Lokoja.

The immediate past President and his supporters accuse Wada of being responsible for the party’s defeat by the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the presidential election, according to The Nation.

It quoted a highly placed source who disclosed that the ex-President believes that Wada supported the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari because he is a Muslim, adding that his grouse with Wada also bordered on the latter’s visit to former President, Olusegun Obasanjo in his Abeokuta home in Ogun State, at the height of the presidential campaign.

Wada lost in his ward and local government to the APC during the last presidential election, despite the alleged “huge war chest” made available to him by the presidency to prosecute the March 28 election.

It was gathered that other forces against Wada’s emergence as the PDP governorship flag bearer include the party’s former national chairman, Dr Ahmadu Ali and former Governor Ibrahim Idris.

The PDP National Working Committee, NWC, on Wednesday postponed the governorship primary in Kogi State from Thursday to Monday, September 14, attributing the shift to logistics issues.

The newspaper gathered that the party is actually shopping for Wada’s replacement, which is the real reason for the last day postponement of the governorship primary.

According to the source, “Jonathan believes that Wada supported Buhari because he is a Muslim and that he went to visit Obasanjo before the general election.

“These are some of the reasons why you are seeing what we are witnessing. Ahmadu Ali is angry… They argued that Wada deliberately lost his ward and local government in favour of Buhari.

“Idris needs N4 billion which he used to finance Wada’s2003 election and that Wada has not paid him all the while, but that he needs the money now”.

Despite the perceived outcome of the state party congress which favoured Wada, the fear that the national secretariat might spring its own delegates list during the primary is another source of worry for the governor’s camp.

Hundreds of party delegates massed at the Government House Lokoja early Thursday morning, with rumours of plans to take their protest against the unfolding development to Abuja.

“You see the large number of delegates, but the truth is that they have an equally large number of delegates on their list at the national headquarters and this they can bring. Nobody is sure,” said another source.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/10/wadas-return-in-jeopardy-as-jonathan-ali-idris-withdraw-support/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by DONSMITH123(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Each time i look at this Wada ehen? I just dey pity Kogi State if they vote this man again.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by INTROVERT(f): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
is Wada the only Kigi politician sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
sauce

check again dear
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by kodded(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
very good, time for him to join apc and automatically become a 'saint'

you cannt bite the finger that fed you cool

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by benedictnsi(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kogi people go still vote am sheepishly...... Well sha that is politics for you.... "if you don't vote, ghosts will vote for them

2 Likes

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
You scratch my back, i scratch your back...

aint that the 51st law?

a governor should know that..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by DONSMITH123(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
benedictnsi:
Kogi people go still vote am sheepishly...... Well sha that is politics for you.... "if you don't vote, ghosts will vote for them

ahahahaa..bad guy.

1 Like

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by rotexteymie(f): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ebamii jo ijo ayo........
even if na charm......oga no 2nd term for you
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by kestolove95(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Jonathan d looser..sharap and watch wada d mad man loose weda u support him or not

11 Likes

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Jonathan d looser..sharap and watch wada d mad man loose weda u support him or not

my sister, i hate Wada with passion.. He has not done anything in my state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by hinwazaka: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
it will shock everyone when at the twilight of the deadline by INEC, Wada is picked as the gubernatorial candidate for the PDP. And come election day, he goes on to floor the over confident Abubakar. The only annoying effect of this would be Abubakar's tantrums after his loss and APC's wild accusations and insinuations about being rigged out with, even all of the Federal might at their disposal.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
hinwazaka:
it will shock everyone when at the twilight of the deadline by INEC, Wada is picked as the gubernatorial candidate for the PDP. And come election day, he goes on to floor the over confident Abubakar. The only annoying effect of this would be Abubakar's tantrums after his loss and APC's wild accusations and insinuations about being rigged out with, even all of the Federal might at their disposal.

not in this coming election, lets wait and see...Wada is has lost already

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by omolami: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Idris Wada is a traitor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by KINGSNEEZE(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
kestolove95:
if I say make God punish(twist) that your mouth that u use in abusing a man that is old enough to be your father, people will say am been harsh.next time learn how to express yourself with name calling, how was ur day?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by slimfit1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kogi people make me laugh oh no young energetic people in that state no disrespect but i think it should have been the most wealthiest state in Nigeria. I know them, they will vote for salary paying road building governor. People in that state lack ideas I know that for sure.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by slimfit1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
PDP again still don't know this is a democratic regime, not goodluck regime tell the people what you can do. They still don't have a clue that you try to convince the people not inec.

2 Likes

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Benedict44(m): 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
let them vote the candidate of their choice ...but i cant vote for apc again if the continue with this type of change am seeing...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by donphilopus: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
if I say make God punish(twist) that your mouth that u use in abusing a man that is old enough to be your father, people will say am been harsh.next time learn how to express yourself with name calling, how was ur day?

Shut that bleep up. Have you ever asked your fellow PDPians like Severeanusshape and other fools who insult Buhari here on Nairaland daily and call him names, to stop calling the President names because he's older than their grandfathers?! Stop being a hypocrite!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by KINGSNEEZE(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
donphilopus:

Shut that bleep up. Have you ever asked your fellow PDPians like Severeanusshape and other fools who insult Buhari here on Nairaland daily and call him names, to stop calling the President names because he's older than their grandfathers?! Stop being a hypocrite!!
oga u can shut me up all u care, the fact that I even have time to advice her is quite surprising to me, cus normal me will just over look it, seriously believe she is old enough to know what is right and what is wrong, if her conscience is OK with that then she should fvcking do it. I myself I have abused buhari,i have abused Jonathan even abused Obama, I even questioned God but does that makes it right, does doing that make u happy, is that d target u wanna achieve? Will u sheepishly go ahead and do that which u know is wrong all bcus one Mr severanushape or whatever u called him is doing it?..havent u seen or heard about people robbing a bank, have u tried it just bcus others re doing it? C'mon dude u need to grow up, live ur life d way u wanna live it, u re d ceo of ur life, don't live some one else's life and don't allow them to dictate or negatively influence ur life.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
embarassed
I am not going to vote on election day.
The two candidates presented by both parties are evil. People's party of Nigeria (PPN) should present a credible candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by jimfend: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
grin
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by missKiffy(f): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Later they will say it's only buhari that is witch hunting, is your hero not witch hunting now, smellos

2 Likes

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Haywhymido(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Eya
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Thats human for u young man, dropped him when he needed them. "Owo epo ni araye n ba ni la"
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by kennyddonn(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
wada
Ali
idris....
they are all d same..
this idris sef....coz of 4billion he wan recontest..

abegi I know get time for this jare

2nd round on point..
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Dammyg2016: 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
[size=20]Are You Still Find It Difficult To Brow s Free? Always Visit WWW.CYBER LOADE D.COM To Learn How To Configure Your Phon e & Computer To Start Browsing for Free, this is 100% Confirmed![/size]
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Abudu2000(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
okay
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Firefire(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
FAKE Leader....
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by sweatlana: 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Why bring GEJ into this??

Nonsense rumour
Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
good for the traitor and APC.

1 Like

Re: Wada’s Return In Jeopardy As Jonathan, Ali, Idris Withdraw Support by Aromas: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

not in this coming election, lets wait and see...Wada is has lost already
Seriously the man is gunner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Ongoing Construction Of Oyo-ogbomosho Expressway(photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Dele Momodu In His Office In Abuja (photos) / FG Directs Federal Universities To Re-Open Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.