Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] (20460 Views)

AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2020 Nominations List / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by kunleiky(m): 11:47am On Mar 25
Broveens42:
lol
none of this year's movie was worth it.
There's no nollywood movie that beats "The trade" of 2023

The joke of the year has to be "a tribe called Judah",
I mean , how could you waste so much money on absolute rubbish?

that was how a colleague was disturbing me to watch black book, I reluctantly watched to confirm my suspicion again.
why are the "actions" so disconnected from the storyline?
Nollywood isn't ready
You don't think you're harsh on A Tribe Called Judah? Maybe you should see it with an open mind. I would even nominate more actors for supporting roles in that movie cos they all killed their roles, but Timini stood out
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:48am On Mar 25
AntiChristian:
All these is HARAM!

Terrorists dem
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by taiwolomo1: 11:48am On Mar 25
U
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Iseoluwani: 11:49am On Mar 25
Angelfrost:
Jenifa is set to pack all the awards in her categories...!

A Tribe Called Judah smashed all the numbers.

Lateef for the top award for Jagun Jagun... Tho I know say politics no go let them give am. tongue

Slum King was an over hyped crap... After 2 episodes, I just had to accept defeat and allow my brain do more productive things.

RMD's Black Book was a disappointing Joke! Sigh!

In summary... Nollywood should spend more time and pay more attention writing better and more robust stories, rather than spending all that money on good-looking actors and costumes or visual effects.

tribe called judah hit everything

that must be a joke right
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by folake4u(f): 11:51am On Mar 25
Mopolchi:
Zubby no dey as best actor?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Angelfrost(m): 11:51am On Mar 25
Iseoluwani:

tribe called judah hit everything

that must be a joke right

Calm down... I'm talking about Box Office numbers. grin

Politics will take care of the rest for Aunty Funke! cool

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Angelfrost(m): 11:57am On Mar 25
Broveens42:
lol

that was how a colleague was disturbing me to watch black book, I reluctantly watched to confirm my suspicion again;
Nollywood isn't ready

The Trade was total and pure classic...!

Kudos to the writers, researchers, and directing team.

The movie raised the bar quite high... Such a pity that quality has not been replicated since then.

...And it didn't receive that much hype, funny enough.

A Tribe Called Judah wasn't so bad... It's just a case of hype overshadowing actual quality.

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:01pm On Mar 25
Broveens42:
lol

that was how a colleague was disturbing me to watch black book, I reluctantly watched to confirm my suspicion again;
Nollywood isn't ready
Nonsense plus rubbish angry angry
but when Hollywood acts those same movies it’s box office right? 🤦‍♂️
Every one of those movies you mention were worth it. Nollywood is growing immensely. Take it or Leave it. we’ll keep doing it until we get it perfectly right! 🇳🇬
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Letmehearword: 12:01pm On Mar 25
Yoruba Viewers choice Award, why not create an Epic movie category to celebrate those bursting their asses day and night in Asaba, Enugu, Owerri etc, to keep your viewers glued.

Eehhen, why's Uchenna Mbunabo not on the list and why is Treasure in the sky not nominated. Make una just dey play
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:09pm On Mar 25
Angelfrost:
Jenifa is set to pack all the awards in her categories...!

A Tribe Called Judah smashed all the numbers.

Lateef for the top award for Jagun Jagun... Tho I know say politics no go let them give am. tongue

Slum King was an over hyped crap... After 2 episodes, I just had to accept defeat and allow my brain do more productive things.

RMD's Black Book was a disappointing Joke! Sigh!

In summary... Nollywood should spend more time and pay more attention to writing better and more robust stories, rather than spending all that money on good-looking actors and costumes or visual effects.

The worst are their sequels... Fvck!!!

Just few minutes into The Kujus Again, and I just shook my head.

As for Merry Men, I was smarter this time around... I didn't bother watching at all... Wish I knew better when the other sequel came out.
Nollywood is growing whether you like it or not! Why do you guys keep downplaying those movies 😏 Tribe of Judah , Jagun Jagun, slum king, black book were all good movies. Haven’t watch The kujus again yet and yea I agree with you Merry men was just ridiculous to watch, the directors are out of ideas 😂😂
I’m sure if Liam Neeson acted black book you’ll say it was a good movie, I’m also sure if Denzel Washington acted slum king you’ll watch it and applaud it 🤷‍♂️
Point is Nollywood is growing and starting to get it right. Small small sha 😂

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:13pm On Mar 25
It’s crazy how RMD is the Denzel and Will smith of Nollywood. All his movies always make sense 👏
RMD has evolved.
I don’t know why Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, Jim iyke and so on fell behind. What were they thinking ?? (Speaking based on actors that belong to that set 🤷‍♂️)
RMD can feature in a Hollywood blockbuster as the lead actor mehn. Just saying oo
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by BuyMeBanger: 12:14pm On Mar 25
'A Tribe Called Judah' should sweep this.
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Angelfrost(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25
NonsenseRubbish:

Nollywood is growing whether you like it or not! Why do you guys keep downplaying those movies 😏 Tribe of Judah , Jagun Jagun, slum king, black book were all good movies. Haven’t watch The kujus again and yea I agree with you Merry men was just ridiculous to watch, the directors are out of ideas 😂😂
I’m sure if Liam Neeson acted black book you’ll say it was a good movie, I’m also sure if Denzel Washington acted slim king you watch it and applaud it 🤷‍♂️
Point is Nollywood growing and starting to get it right. Small small sha 😂

Liam Neeson is a one-trick pony who hasn't done anything meaningful since Taken 1.

Denzel Washington and Roberto De Niro together would never have been able to save Slum King... Not with the quality of script and directing.

I never said Nollywood was stagnant... That I criticize certain things about some of their films doesn't mean they are not growing.

There is always room for improvement.

Hollywood movies receive far more criticism than you can ever begin to imagine... Matter of fact, lots of people have made successful careers out of critiquing Hollywood movies.

That's what makes Rotten tomatoes a very successful site sef.

So, what are you on about?!!

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Talkisneeded: 12:22pm On Mar 25
Twoclans:
They should tell us they want to give funke akindele best actress .

It is most likely timini will clinch his category because of his role in a tribe called Judah.

Then I really do hope someone wins something for blood vessel,that film gave me goose bumps.

Hmmmm kehinde bankole ,she did very well in adire.Her body was 🔥.

Wanted to watch blood vessel base on your recommendation,but seeing you talk about adiire changed my mind..
That movie was badly written
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Twoclans(f): 12:28pm On Mar 25
Talkisneeded:

Wanted to watch blood vessel base on your recommendation,but seeing you talk about adiire changed my mind..

Please watch blood vessel .

2 Likes

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:31pm On Mar 25
I don’t know why you guys keep saying Tribe called Judah should sweep the awards. Omooo all those other movies were good in their own way.
I just realized Nigerians just like cruise and jolly 😂😂
Other genres dey na 😂 action , drama, murder mystery, folklore.. cmon guys
But Tribe of Judah is a good movie sha 😂😂
I personally liked the storyline of those other movies nominated.
One thing is like to do is despite the below par acting and screenplay they do 🤦‍♂️ I like to read between the lines and appreciate the storyline they portray 🤷‍♂️
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:39pm On Mar 25
Angelfrost:

Liam Neeson is a one-trick pony who hasn't done anything meaningful since Taken 1.

Denzel Washington and Roberto De Niro together would never have been able to save Slum King... Not with the quality of script and directing.

I never said Nollywood was stagnant... That I criticize certain things about some of their films doesn't mean they are not growing.

Hollywood movies receive far more criticism than you can ever begin to imagine... Matter of fact, lots of people have made successful careers out of critiquing Hollywood movies.

At least you acknowledge Nollywood is growing..
What’s wrong with Liam Neeson. He is definitely not a One hit wonder please be guided. Experienced, flexible and intriguing actor. No one else can act taken the way he did and that’s why it’s a classic.
Believe me Denzel and De Niro will make that movie get to top 50 believe me!
Every movie industry has it critiques that’s only normal. My point is you initially failed to see the growth and change in these recent movies storylines and screenplay. But again that’s only normal from a movie critic
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by adioolayi(m): 12:42pm On Mar 25
Straight battle among Tribe called Judah, Jagun Jagun and Breath of life
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 12:47pm On Mar 25
Angelfrost:

You wanna tell me if Will smith and Jaden smith acted breathe of life it won’t be in the box office ??
Or if Leonardo DiCaprio acted Over the bridge it won’t be a hit ??
Or if Bradley cooper Zoe Saldana and a couple other good actors where on blood vessel it won’t be everywhere in Time Square NY 😂😂
Those movie storylines were yay good, it’s their depiction of them that sucked!
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Tochi360: 12:47pm On Mar 25
AntiChristian:
All these is HARAM!

To You. Not to others so rest.
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Zool6: 12:52pm On Mar 25
As usual ranting over nothing all the actresses and actors who left for so called Netflix movies after loosing relevance and running almost broke from Omoni Oboli to mercy Johnson all of them are back to Nigeria YouTube videos u fool like calling Asaba movie ppl are doing 17m 15m 10m 7m minimum of 3m per movies and u think is a joke ,goggle
Ruth Kadiritv
Uche Mbunabo
Uche Nancy
Adakirikiritv
Chinylove
Etc and see ppl are cashing out far from homevideos all this keep fooling urself

quote author=Emmanuel900 post=129098744]Where are the upper eweka actors and actresses ?

A tribe called Judah and Jagun Jagun deserve all award [/quote]
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Broveens42(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25
kunleiky:

You don't think you're harsh on A Tribe Called Judah? Maybe you should see it with an open mind. I would even nominate more actors for supporting roles in that movie cos they all killed their roles, but Timini stood out

there are so many things about theatrics you do not understand

number one
the introduction of the storyline is pure garbage.

how could 5 able bodied men from different fathers be so dependent on a poor woman under same roof?

The robbery case was not intentional enough and was so disconnected. it was like different movies in one. if you wana do an action, fuse it in between story lines.
They should have showed other cases of arm robbery by a team of funkes kids, prior to that incident.
so it took funke's sudden ailment to make them professional robbers?... Lol

so many unnecessary scenes if you must be truthful to yourself.

there's this movie on youtube called "love in show room" featuring broda shaggi; you could sense the robbery was purely intentional.
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by kunleiky(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25
Broveens42:

there are so many things about theatrics you do not understand

number one
the introduction of the storyline is pure garbage.

how could 5 able bodied men from different fathers be so dependent on a poor woman under same roof?

The robbery case was not intentional enough and was so disconnected. it was like different movies in one. if you wana do an action, fuse it in between story lines.
They should have showed other cases of arm robbery by a team of funkes kids, prior to that incident.
so it took funke's sudden ailment to make them professional robbers?... Lol

so many unnecessary scenes if you must be truthful to yourself.

there's this movie on youtube called "love in show room" featuring broda shaggi; you could sense the robbery was purely intentional.
I get you sha
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by NonsenseRubbish: 1:03pm On Mar 25
Zool6:

As usual ranting over nothing all the actresses and actors who left for so called Netflix movies after loosing relevance and running almost broke from Omoni Oboli to mercy Johnson all of them are back to Nigeria YouTube videos u fool like calling Asaba movie ppl are doing 17m 15m 10m 7m minimum of 3m per movies and u think is a joke ,goggle
Ruth Kadiritv
Uche Mbunabo
Uche Nancy
Adakirikiritv
Chinylove
Etc and see ppl are cashing out far from homevideos all this keep fooling urself

quote author=Emmanuel900 post=129098744]Where are the upper eweka actors and actresses ?

A tribe called Judah and Jagun Jagun deserve all award
You have a point these homemovies actors get roles constantly but the Netflix and prime video shows actors are paid more and have international recognition so pick your side 🤷‍♂️ On which side would you rather be?? Getting paid N17m every 4months or $1-2m every 2-3years
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Selina22: 1:15pm On Mar 25
BREATH OF LIFE should win best Movie,Best Cinematography ,best supporting actor and best director

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Gggjhhj: 1:25pm On Mar 25
Talkisneeded:

Regretted watching Adire
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Talkisneeded: 1:26pm On Mar 25
Gggjhhj:

Regretted watching Adire

Took me three days to finish it
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Angelfrost(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25
NonsenseRubbish:

At least you acknowledge Nollywood is growing..
What’s wrong with Liam Neeson. He is definitely not a One hit wonder please be guided. Experienced, flexible and intriguing actor. No one else can act taken the way he did and that’s why it’s a classic.
Believe me Denzel and De Niro will make that movie get to top 50 believe me!
Every movie industry has it critiques that’s only normal. My point is you initially failed to see the growth and change in these recent movies storylines and screenplay. But again that’s only normal from a movie critic

Now, you are being over-defensive, and straying towards ridiculous. grin

Liam Neeson is a great actor; a legend in the game.

However, the man is far from versatile! Any movie fan with pedestrian intelligence can point that out.

Denzel, De Niro, Foxx, Cruise, etc, are versatile actors... Neeson is not! He has never been! The man will admit it too.

So, relax!!!

Listen... Denzel and De Niro, and even the best out there have been involved in movie projects that badly tanked... Do some research.

The first step to a successful movie is the plot (writing and script)! That trumps everything else... Next is the quality of casting and directing.

Wild Wild West had awesome actors like Will Smith, Will Arnett and others, yet failed epically.

Troy was destroyed at the box office despite the great casts.

Many more examples abound, to show that there are so many aspects of a movie that you don't joke with if you want a successful motion picture.

See ehn... I don't just criticize for the fun of it. I love professionalism and quality all round.

That's why I don't ever watch the other half of Nollywood ridiculously called 'Asabawood'.

You are subjective and defensive, and I understand...! No biggie!!! You just can't take your level of cinematic appreciation being taken through higher and stricter scrutiny.

There are movies I loved deeply, but they were shredded by critics and panned in the box offices... I read what they pointed out, and couldn't argue with the facts.

This didn't stop me from being a fan of those movies and their crew.

Remember there is always room for improvement... Art can never be 100 percent accepted no matter how great it is.

Nollywood is trying (no need bringing in Hollywood)... They just need to sit down and write better stories. They should quit rushing out their projects.

There are Hollywood movies that take up to 2 years just to edit! Only editing o!
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by Zool6: 1:35pm On Mar 25
Beter Half 18m+
Treasure in the sky 17m+
Fund of You 7m+
When angel meet 7m+
House 45. 5m+
Way to my Heart 7m+
Manerles 5m+
Table for 4. 5m+
Even Aki and paw old movie is now 50m+ views
Zuby movie uploaded 3days ago Abidoshaker is already 2m+ views
This are movies some hungry ppl with smelly armpits will be telling u is Asaba movie simply because they are not uploaded on Netflix many actresses ran to Cinema calling Ruth Kadiri local for producing YouTube movies but Ruth Kadiri was cashing out big time building stars like ,Chidi Dike ,Eronini Osinachi Genevieve Edwin Ukatu Stephanie Bassey etc while Uche Mbunabo introduced Joshua Clinton Ezewele Chioma Uduak and many others today all those Cinema actresses are back opening YouTube channels producing YouTube Nigeria movies I had Ruth Kadiri even unfollowed Eronini Osinachi for staring iin a movie way to my heart alongside Angel Unigwe for Omoni Oboli the now Ruth Kadiri rival in YouTube Nigeria movies last year over 650 movies was uploaded on YouTube I m curently on 1TB aitel subscription but the truth is that if I spend 10hr watching Nigeria movies 9hr goese for YouTube Nigeria movies because of lack of vitalities on Netflix like many movies there dont have repeat value for me , movies like Wedding Party 1&2, Lion Heart ,Blood Sister,Blood Versel, Living in Bondage Remake,and Shanty Town this are the only Netfix movies I have repeatedly watched sometimes I have to switch from new movies to them again ,,,,,for now give me Nigeria YouTube movies keep Netflix
Those urchins once u mentioned any actor or actress not doing Netflix they tag him or her Asaba or upper Iweka actor but these are the actors and actresses known everywhere and making most money and fame they also forgot 95% of today nollywood legends also stared in those homevideos before going to Netflix and still doing YouTube movies

So this actors and actresses doing all the 17m+views are local ? With this high views producers of some of those YouTube movies are making far bigger money than many Cinema movies producers considering amount required to promote cinema movies and the producers being entitled to only 35% of the movies groosing, Netflix have there audiences YouTube Nigeria movies have there's but the truth is that YouTube Nigeria movies still hold over 85% of Nollywood fanbase there actors and actresses are more popular everywhere more jobs more money I don't know why some hungry ppl will keep tagging them Asaba actors same mistake

With 17m+views under 1month imagine amount Uche Mbunabo made from Treasure in the Sky without noise or publicity ,,, all this producers actors and actresses are Asaba actors to those hungry ppl

quote author=Letmehearword post=129099130]Yoruba Viewers choice Award, why not create an Epic movie category to celebrate those bursting their asses day and night in Asaba, Enugu, Owerri etc, to keep your viewers glued.

Eehhen, why's Uchenna Mbunabo not on the list and why is Treasure in the sky not nominated. Make una just dey play[/quote]

quote author=Letmehearword post=129099130]Yoruba Viewers choice Award, why not create an Epic movie category to celebrate those bursting their asses day and night in Asaba, Enugu, Owerri etc, to keep your viewers glued.

Eehhen, why's Uchenna Mbunabo not on the list and why is Treasure in the sky not nominated. Make una just dey play[/quote]

1 Like

Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by CaptainGo: 2:03pm On Mar 25
Peterpaul96:
As we celebrate Actors and Actresses, I think we should also loudly celebrate our Athletes. They keep making us proud.

Here is one of my highlights from their last outing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cho80E1dXls?si=zGNzaGwPyClc8wPf

grin
Re: AMVCA 2024 Nominations [full List] by AntiChristian: 2:07pm On Mar 25
Tochi360:

To You. Not to others so rest.

Who are the others?

Do you think na Jesus on the cross they are acting here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nice Pictures Of Nollywood People / Ceec Evicted From The Big Brother Naija All Stars House / BBNaija: Liquorose, Michael, Queen, JMK, Yousef Win N750k Each In Darling Task

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.