Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I (338 Views)

IPOB Sit-at-home Continues: South-east Traders, Others Lament Huge Losses / North Has Sunk Lower Under Buhari, NEF, ACF, CNG, Others Lament / Lekki Regional Road: LASG Comences Removal Of Structures On Right Of Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by onochurch(f): 12:14am On Mar 25
Members of Ndigbo Buru'Otu, others lament over demolition of structures by FHA in Ijeododo, demand HRH Abu-Jelili's swift Intervention

....'We have been duped by the baale' community landowners cries over demolition of building structures by FHA on their lands.

By Onome Naomi

Ndigbo Buru'Otu members, others woke up on the morning of Thursday, 21st March 2024 to a heart wrenching act of demolition carried out by Federal Housing Authourity on their structures in Ijeododo part of Lagos State.

The Chairman of the Ndigbo Buru'Otu Association of Nigeria, Eze Dr CC Nwokedi revealed over 500 members contributed to purchase the vast acres of land since 2017 but were shocked and disappointed at the latest development of demolition. He said no prior notice was given by FHA neither did the baale who sold the land for igbos and others reached out to talk about any notice of demolition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV-fbNsymSc?si=ur0GCnITD2HcI7F5

Addressing pressmen about the demolition, Nwokedi said:

Our people are angry because they bought lands worth over a billion naira to be landlords instead of being tenants with constant threat of quit notice or increased rent and the next day structures erected by means of hard earned money has been destroyed, and land confiscated.

After the land was acquired from the baale, there was proper documentation and family receipt to say we have bought from the right source verified by FHA. Millions of naira went into sand filling alone, now is it a crime to buy land from the king only to be defrauded? All affected igbos are not happy.

Igbos within and outside my jurisdiction of leadership approaches me to verify a genuine land as their leader and I led them through the appropriate source 'the baale' who inturn issues family receipt only to find out the land is not genuinely owned by the ruling family but FHA, how then can I be trusted? I can be arrested yet innocent, it is a dent on my image as a leader.

The baale has been alerted and he feigned ignorance of FHA's demolition plan, but when I asked those carrying out the demolition, they confirmed a notice has been passed since 2022 and they must carry on with the assignment. Right now, FHA is working on the land and have claimed it. We need to hear from the government, we want a refund of money spent on structures destroyed as well as get our lands back. The baale needs to tell us what he truly knows as regards the demolition and create a working solution as some members are already contemplating suicide.

If truly these acres of land belongs to FHA, then we have been duped by the baale and this is termed fraudulent."

Chief Martins Chikezie a member of the Igbo Buru'Otu association said he owns 3 plots of land in the affected area, reveals at the point of purchase baale' affirmed the land belongs to his family only to see FHA claiming the said land. Appeals to FG to give the lands back as plans are underway to build a small home for his family to avoid threats of quit notice or displacement.

A civil servant who retired after 35years of service said she had used her retirement savings to purchase 2 plots short of half plot due to grabbings. She expressed her disappointments at FHA for the inconsiderate action of demolition while she appeals to the baale of Ijeododo to intervene as she has no other properties to hold unto after retirement.

The group of affected occupants of the said land in Ijeododo approached the baale who received them warmly expressing his dismay over the demolition as well. Eze Chika Nwokedi who led the movement accompanied by PG Igbo speaking community, Chief Sunday Udeh and Ezendigbo Oriade Eze Chukwukadibia told baale' Jelili that he wasn't notified of the said demolition until Tuesday 21st March when he saw a video online of some persons encroaching the land bought by the association claiming ownership.

The President General of Igbo speaking community in Lagos Chief Sunday Udeh also questioned the involvement of the baale in the demolition process, asked for inclusion of Eze Chika Nwokedi in the plans to proffer solutions as the money involved in the purchase of land and erection of structures is too much to be wasted, he also asked for timeframe for solutions to be proffered to douse the already built up tension. Eze Chukwukadibia also made an input to buttress on the lament of igbos, says there is need for a swift Intervention to avoid mishap.

Some members expressed their pains to the baale, ask for utmost attention and solution as some is already contemplating suicide over the great loss if nothing is done immediately. A dignitary who attended the meeting with High Chief Abu-Jelili challenged the ignorance feigned by the baale, says it is unbelievable that he isn't aware of the demolition before it is carried out, advises all to be verified with FHA to avoid occurrences such as this even after receiving family receipt over purchased land.

The baale of Ijeododo High Chief Abu-Jelili Ayinde Ododo in response to the different complaints and allegations denied his involvement and knowledge of the demolition, says a man named Mr lawal who is FHA Surveyor accompanied by some people visited his palace in 2024 claiming their land is extended to some areas in ijeododo. After several meetings, FHA representative said houses marked won't be demolished but those unmarked are on the roads or blocking a canal. To this effect, the baale mentioned that he asked for solution to those unmarked and they requested receipt from the buyers as a way to avoid demolition.

The baale express disappointment at the sudden demolition after proffering solution to avoid it, affirmed he is genuinely bothered by the recent development, urges affected persons to be calm for he's in control of this situation as well as gathering vital information, appeals for patience. Be rest assured I am not sleeping on this case, there is no court judgement according the said land to FHA, he added.

Read more on:
https://www.naomisophyblog.com.ng/members-of-ndigbo-buruotu-association-others-lament-over-demolition-of-structures-by-fha-in-ijeododo-demand-baale-abu-jelilis-swift-intervention/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by FreeStuffsNG: 12:33am On Mar 25
Smh. Blackmail will not work and Ignorance is not an excuse to break the law. They can petition EFCC to arrest and investigate those who allegedly sold the land to them if they have the facts that they were duped.

It's really saddening when people lose their hard earned resources because they don't do all the necessary investigations and documentation on the land they bought yet go on to spend a lot of money to build on it. It's really painful.

Lagos State Government is taking development to every nook and crany of Lagos. So many houses without the appropriate documents and approval are still going into rubles.

Don't pay a dime for any land or property if you have not concluded the verification of the title documents. It will save you a lot of heartache in the future.

May God bless Lagos state and bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

8 Likes

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by kettykin: 1:18am On Mar 25
50 years ago ,igbos lost Landed property to abandoned property syndrome. 50 years later igbos are loosing property to demolition, fake allocation, canal banality rubbish.

When will igbos learn, my take is that in 50 years coming another set of igbos will still loose property running into trillions under another conjured lies and fallacies.

Igbos stop investing outside the east, return your investment

2 Likes

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by afube: 1:33am On Mar 25
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Blackmail will not work and Ignorance is not an excuse to break the law. They can petition EFCC to arrest and investigate those who allegedly sold the land to them if they have the facts that they were duped.

It's really saddening when people lose their hard earned resources because they don't do all the necessary investigations and documentation on the land they bought yet go on to spend a lot of money to build on it. It's really painful.

Lagos State Government is taking development to every nook and crany of Lagos. So many houses without the appropriate documents and approval are still going into rubles.

Don't pay a dime for any land or property if you have not concluded the verification of the title documents. It will save you a lot of heartache in the future.

May God bless Lagos state and bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Our people no dey hear! Look at them looking like chickens beaten by rain........problem with our Igbo people is that they always want to outshine each other..........why did they not form an association of landbuyers b4 the fact! as a collective they should have hired a seasoned lawyer to advise them but I am sure they sneaked to the Baale individually to negotiate land purchases!..............Our sluggish Governors in Alaigbo should quicken the pace and tear ground for new city developments..............we need to create cities with a critical mass of young and dynamic upper and middle class populations in our own lands! Leave yoruba land alone for petes sake!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by yarimo(m): 1:33am On Mar 25
Mteeeew everything to them is persecution undecided
Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Alexis11: 1:39am On Mar 25
Immediately I saw that Igbos are complaining about demolition, I know it has to be in Lagos state, because if Otti/Soludo demolish all the buildings in Abia/Anambra you will not hear anything until Lagos State Government demolish 2 buildings. đŸ˜‚

Anytime I watch that video where Yorubas were happily welcoming Igbos back after the civil war and even encouraging more to come to SW while other regions were been hostile to them I always shake my head for that act of thoughtlessness.

4 Likes

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by BitterTruth01: 1:47am On Mar 25
Igbo within and outside my jurisdiction of leadership approaches me to verify a genuine land as their leader and I led them through the appropriate source 'the baale' who inturn issues family receipt only to find out the land is not genuinely owned by the ruling family but FHA

Can someone tell me why this Baale Barawo has not been arrested and in EFCC jail

2 Likes

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Alexis11: 2:02am On Mar 25
BitterTruth01:

Can someone tell me why this Baale Barawo has not been arrested and in EFCC jail

They should be sent to jail because some groups of liars and losers decided to frame them as usual?

You will say this if the situation is reversed and your father is a Baale?
Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Bridget95(f): 2:30am On Mar 25
kettykin:
50 years ago ,igbos lost Landed property to abandoned property syndrome. 50 years later igbos are loosing property to demolition, fake allocation, canal banality rubbish.

When will igbos learn, my take is that in 50 years coming another set of igbos will still loose property running into trillions under another conjured lies and fallacies.

Igbos stop investing outside the east, return your investment
we keep saying this but they won't listen. This country is not one. Build in your state and have peace. Build in your village and know peace but my people will not listen. Who will save them now that Tinubu is president and his errand boy governor . It is saddening that the ugly abandoned property robbery of igbo property in rivers state is playing out in lagos state 50yrs after.
Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Bridget95(f): 2:31am On Mar 25
BitterTruth01:

The baale is working hand in hand with the plan to steal

1 Like

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by rinzaugustine: 2:34am On Mar 25
Bitterness and envy have kept same people in generational poverty generation after generation without improvement , sell Ikoyi 2m they cannot even afford to buy it and after destroying igbo properties out of bitterness they continue sinking deeper into generational poverty as if they are cursed never to prosper financially in their own land. Twenty years from today Igbos will still be on top

1 Like

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by SS777(m): 3:43am On Mar 25
afube:

Our people no dey hear! Look at them looking like chickens beaten by rain........problem with our Igbo people is that they always want to outshine each other..........why did they not form an association of landbuyers b4 the fact! as a collective they should have hired a seasoned lawyer to advise them but I am sure they sneaked to the Baale individually to negotiate land purchases!..............Our sluggish Governors in Alaigbo should quicken the pace and tear ground for new city developments..............we need to create cities with a critical mass of young and dynamic upper and middle class populations in our own lands! Leave yoruba land alone for petes sake!

They don't want you either with lawyer or not invest in your region.
Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Alexis11: 4:15am On Mar 25
rinzaugustine:
Bitterness and envy have kept same people in generational poverty generation after generation without improvement , sell Ikoyi 2m they cannot even afford to buy it and after destroying igbo properties out of bitterness they continue sinking deeper into generational poverty as if they are cursed never to prosper financially in their own land. Twenty years from today Igbos will still be on top

Do you have any proof that Igbos are doing better than the Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by BitterTruth01: 4:24am On Mar 25
Alexis11:

They should be sent to jail because some groups of liars and losers decided to frame them as usual?

You will say this if the situation is reversed and your father is a Baale?

Lol these Yoruba people sef.
Tribalism don finish some people life .
Under Nigerian law , it’s an offence to sell a government property or to sell a property that’s not your own and pocket the proceeds
But
Fly must support shit. You no get choice .

1 Like

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by Alexis11: 4:42am On Mar 25
BitterTruth01:

Lol these Yoruba people sef.
Tribalism don finish some people life .
Under Nigerian law , it’s an offence to sell a government property or to sell a property that’s not your own and pocket the proceeds
But
Fly must support shit. You no get choice .

It is tribalism that has finished your life and everyone from your region that always makes you scu.ms see everything in Lagos from tribal and victimization perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by rinzaugustine: 5:44am On Mar 25
Alexis11:

Do you have any proof that Igbos are doing better than the Yorubas?
They are doing better than tinubu’s supporters that’s why the bitter ones are United in that common hate and jealousy which APC stokes everyday. I am yet to see any of the successful Yorubas supporting tinubu
Re: Members Of Ndigbo Buru'otu, Others Lament Over Demolition Of Structures By FHA I by helinues: 5:48am On Mar 25
Dem don enter one chance

(1) (Reply)

Agbadorians And Bulabans: When Sycophancy Is Mistaken For Patriotism / Oppositions Already Wasted 1 Year Chasing Shadows / Will EFCC Arrest Yahaya Bello If He Runs To Buhari In Daura?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.