Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics (8505 Views)

Wike Appoints Chinda As Senior Special Assistant On Land, Urban Planning / Kingsley Chinda Emerges Minority Leader, House Of Representatives / Nkeiruka Onyejeocha Commissions Road In Abia State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by dailybuzzng: 4:50pm On Mar 25
Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda, Imoke, Others Grace Adaora Onyechere Sydney-Jack's Book Launch

.... _As they Seek Women Inclusion in Politics_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msv7WvHfUYU?si=RQOlduptCwVWta46

Top dignitaries have joined in the public presentation and launching of the book ‘Politics, X and Power' a critical literary work on the Nigerian politics written by an ace broadcast journalist, Adaora Onyechere Sydney-Jack.

Presented recently in Abuja, the book according to the author is to underscore the shrinking opportunities for women participation in politics in Nigeria.

The book by Onyechere, a gender activist and Executive Director of Gender Strategy Advancement International (GSAI) has been described as bold, provocative and revealing.

Among dignitaries who graced the occasion include former governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, Minister of State for Labour and Employment Hon. Nkiruka Onyejeocha, Nollywood star Monalisa Chinda, former governor of Cross River state, Liyel Imoke, National Women Leader the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP ), Hon. Amina Divine Arong among others.

According to the author, she ventured into politics with the view to bridge the gap between the leadership and the led but find herself in the murky water of politics.

She said, “Politics has different layers that opened my eyes to a lot of things. This emboldened my calls for women’s participation in politics because it constitutes an emergency.

“I realised that a lot of women were facing stereotypes and the negative gender identity. So I thought it wise to address femininity and to demystify the stereotypes that limit women’s potentials.”

Ex-Governor Ihedioha shared his experiences and unwavering commitment to merit-based leadership decisions.

“I never allowed gender to influence my decisions, especially when promoting a woman to a leadership position,” Ihedioha affirmed.

Reflecting on his tenure, he highlighted the strides made in advancing democracy and ensuring fair elections during a time of significant political challenges.

Onyejeocha in her remarks challenged prevailing norms, shedding light on the lack of mutual support among women in politics.

“Most women do not support each other; if they did, no man would win an election because we outnumber them,” Onyejeocha emphasized.

She urged a collective shift in mindset to break free from the stereotypes that relegate women to subordinate roles in politics and society.

On her part, the book reviewer, Amina Salihu, noted that until men shift ground and make sacrifices by giving chance and space to women, fifty ( 50) percent of its population will not be able to meet their potentials, which is counter productive for the development of the country.

She said, “Nobody holds down fifty of their population which is women and you hope to make progress. The person held down, the person holding down, everybody will be performing at less of their optimum.”

In his address, the keynote speaker, the Director General of the National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies (NILDS), Abubakar Suleiman, noted that some of the challenge in achieving true gender parity in politics include patriarchy (cultural barriers), deep-rooted stereotypes and biases against women, financial constraints, among others.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/onyejeocha-ihedioha-others-seek-greater-female-inclusion-in-politics/

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by dailybuzzng: 4:50pm On Mar 25
More

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by dailybuzzng: 4:50pm On Mar 25
Continue

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by dailybuzzng: 5:04pm On Mar 25
Good

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Exceed15: 5:47pm On Mar 25
Lool.. another breed of Betta Edu.

9 Likes

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by tobenuel(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25
Op just pack pinchures full the thread.

just give woman office, she carry chair sit down for the office, she don become god of her own be that o.

Women I no know how baba God take create dem o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by ATEAMS: 5:47pm On Mar 25
Indeed
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Martinsmine(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25
Big people and big people... hunger no reach this family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by NOwazobia: 5:57pm On Mar 25
Were they ban from holding any political office before? 🤷🏼‍♂️

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by U09ce: 6:13pm On Mar 25
If it's the quota to mobilise troops to the front line, they'll never call for inclusion. But anything juicy, they'll be quoting senseless "affirmative action".
Since when BH insurrection started, I've never heard of a female security personnel who was felled by enemies. Neither during the current scourge of banditry. But thousands of men had laid their lives to ensure that the political structure stands.
In essence, the female folk should not run faster than their shadows. In the roles that you find yourself, make it count. Don't be a Diezani, Sadiya or Betta. Be an Akunyili. People will beg me to lead them.

9 Likes

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by lexy2014: 6:14pm On Mar 25
were females excluded from politics?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Anunakeeh: 6:16pm On Mar 25
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Curiouscity(m): 6:17pm On Mar 25
NOwazobia:

Very good question!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Cromagnon: 6:38pm On Mar 25
Martinsmine:
Big people and big people... hunger no reach this family
na de hungry pass, forget packaging
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by ChiefOkporghe: 6:54pm On Mar 25
U09ce:
If it's the quota to mobilise troops to the front line, they'll never call for inclusion. But anything juicy, they'll be quoting senseless "affirmative action".
Since when BH insurrection started, I've never heard of a female security personnel who was felled by enemies. Neither during the current scourge of banditry. But thousands of men had laid their lives to ensure that the political structure stands.
In essence, the female folk should not run faster than their shadows. In the roles that you find yourself, make it count. Don't be a Diezani, Sadiya or Betta. Be an Akunyili. People will beg me to lead them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by sofeo(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25
Good one.

She tired of Nollywood
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by HenryTimes: 6:56pm On Mar 25
Were they excluded before?

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by deltaF0SS: 7:02pm On Mar 25
Feminism: basically the definition of a well fed person seeking troubles

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by papyjaypaul: 7:10pm On Mar 25
NOwazobia:

Women love to play victim to lead us to emotional decisions. This is why men have to think straight to avoid sharp corners. Women will cry and complain, then get what they want. Men will cry and complain and ask for what they want. Women know this and they make it look like someone is denying them. You will be surprised that with their voting power and numbers, some of them will not vote for another woman because they don't want her to appear more successful than them. They will prefer one incompetent man to win than vote another woman that will make them look bad. I don't like to generalize but that is what I am doing here, go and check even within companies how they play the game, it will reveal why men and women are made differently.

Happy International Women's month

5 Likes

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Originalsly: 7:15pm On Mar 25
I was hoping to read what she had done to "advance women" since she entered politics. Then she is disappointed that the women already in politics do not hold one head. Are decisions made on gender or ideas? Sh3 is pushing for more divisions in politics .... Christian vs Muslim ... one tribe vs the other ... and female against men. On such an event... how can that one be wearing gown with windows to her breasts? In reality more women are involved in politics ... but behind the scene. Which Governor ... or Senator doesn't have a side chick as special advisor?

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Sheuns(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25
Women want gender equality but still want a percentage of political offices be reserved for them. How’s that gender equality?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by dreamworld: 7:33pm On Mar 25
female are in politics
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by johnog4sure: 8:21pm On Mar 25
wait o, in democracy u shouldnt beg for inclusion if the people need you they will "employ" you. Abi power no dey people hand again, let dem say d truth.
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Orlu13: 8:33pm On Mar 25
normal thing fr women... they always want everything to be handed to them in a silver platter
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by potent5(m): 9:04pm On Mar 25
Foundation, concrete, plaster and then Powder finish work there.
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by AcadaWriter1: 9:10pm On Mar 25
lmfao.. another breed of Betta Edu...
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by Sniper101(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25
The day I saw this lady here in Port Harcourt
@MonalisaChindah
I was, like, Wow 😳
I almost screamed "Queen of the Coast"

she looked more like a goddess than a human.
with her flawless skin and all.
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by LordPsalm(m): 2:08am On Mar 26
Feminism!
Feminism!!
Feminism!!!

Simply hatred for men.

If feminism was actually for equality, why has the boy child been neglected?

Why is the boy child allowed to die with no care at all?

Society doesn't care about the boy child while everything is being presented to girl child.

The only value there for a boy child currently is to join the military and die in baseless wars.

FEMINISM IS EVIL
Re: Ihedioha, Onyejeocha, Monalisa Chinda Seek Female Inclusion In Politics by HRMK: 3:11am On Mar 26
how many women can invest millions in politics?very few!they rather buy jewelries with their money!most in politics are been sponsored by men!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply / Which Of These Is Nigerians Greatest Dissapointment? / Nigerian Air Force Receives Upgrade Mi-35p Attack Helicopters (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.