Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time (29972 Views)

Ibom Air Signs An Agreement With Air Bus For The Supply Of 10 New Aircrafts / Flight Resumption: Air Peace Flies All Its Aircrafts Across Nigeria / Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by MTCLimited(m): 8:18pm On Mar 25
Awesome !
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by davodyguy: 8:27pm On Mar 25
A380 is no longer in production please.

Airbus stopped production with Emirates having the largest in operation
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by sweetjohn(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25
God poured his brain on Oyinbo.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by DARLINGTON869(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25
DaddyYankee:
Please remove CONCORDE feom that list

Whaaaat! Why should it be removed. Concorde was the cream de la cream of all commercial planes. No commercial plane till date drew attention and awe from the public like the Concorde did....not even Airbus or Boeing max.

* The only plane that required two nations (FRANCE and GREAT BRITAIN) uniting their resources and technological prowess to build it.

*) The only commercial plane that could fly at the speed of sound.

*) The only commercial plane capable of taking you from Heathrow airport London to JFK airport USA within 3 hour

*) The only commercial plane capable of flying at an altitude no other commercial plane till date could ever fly.

*) The only plane whose Sonic boom was capable of triggering car alarms

The list goes on and on. Nothing beats the Concorde when it came to commercial aviation. Unfortunately, Tinubu administration happened to it grin

1 Like

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by DARLINGTON869(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25
Racoon:
Of course in respect to non-after burners passenger aircrafts beside the Concorde, the Boeing 747 jumbo jet remains the undisputable queen of the skies

Bro, no commercial plane till date bests the Concorde. The Concorde was literally in a league of its own.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Astra101: 8:59pm On Mar 25
My love for airbus....
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by studycenter: 9:03pm On Mar 25
Reminds me of @explorer
Where's that handle by the way??

1 Like

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25
Astra101:
My love for airbus....

Airbus is cool but Concorde was in a league of its own
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Kingcalls: 9:30pm On Mar 25
The DC was a flying coffin
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Bekermann(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25
How come the Boeing 777 and the Airbus A350 didn’t make that list?

For the records, the Boeing 777 is a very powerful vehicle with its engine circumference as large as the fuselage of the Boeing 737. Airbus developed the A350 to rival the B777.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by GarbaAudu: 10:03pm On Mar 25
Bekermann:

For the records, the Boeing 777 is a very powerful vehicle with its engine circumference as large as the fuselage of the Boeing 737. Airbus developed the A350 to rival the B777.
Boeing 777 is the best! Very rugged, excellent fuel economy with regards to its large size, and very good passenger comfort. Very low record of incident. I wonder why it was not mentioned here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by noble2faith(m): 12:01am On Mar 26
Una don try Aircanoe before?🙄

That one dey special league of its own.

E fit carry you go land of the dead and also bring you back🙄🙄🙄
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by 0x00: 2:00am On Mar 26
Nice thread.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Bimpe29: 3:02am On Mar 26
Everything about an aircraft point to the fact that the God is able, awesome and powerful.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by theowane: 5:57am On Mar 26
Very educative thread.
For me, I think the B737 is still the greatest ever built yet. Even in the Nigerian airspace, it still remains the highest in operations, majority of the airlines have it in their fleet, very reliable aircraft, though most of them are over 22 years old.
Infact, the NAF 001, the number one official Presidential plane in Nigeria is a B737 BBJ, bought by then President Obasanjo during his 1st tenure as President.
One of its major negatives is that it isn't a Long range aircraft
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Kobicove(m): 6:02am On Mar 26
I think Concorde was retired too early, just because of a single crash which was not even a direct fault of the aircraft.

I wish I had an opportunity to fly on that aircraft
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Kobicove(m): 6:07am On Mar 26
Bekermann:

I think the article is about airliners that can be considered commercial successes, the Boeing 777 and Airbus 350 have not yet reached the critical mass needed to be commercial successes
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:03am On Mar 26
DARLINGTON869:

Whaaaat! Why should it be removed. Concorde was the cream de la cream of all commercial planes. No commercial plane till date drew attention and awe from the public like the Concorde did....not even Airbus or Boeing max.

* The only plane that required two nations (FRANCE and GREAT BRITAIN) uniting their resources and technological prowess to build it.

*) The only commercial plane that could fly at the speed of sound.

*) The only commercial plane capable of taking you from Heathrow airport London to JFK airport USA within 3 hour

*) The only commercial plane capable of flying at an altitude no other commercial plane till date could ever fly.

*) The only plane whose Sonic boom was capable of triggering car alarms

The list goes on and on. Nothing beats the Concorde when it came to commercial aviation. Unfortunately, Tinubu administration happened to it grin
oga it’s the most ugly please

Cancelled everything else
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by Racoon(m): 7:21am On Mar 26
Kingcalls:
The DC was a flying coffin
You are very correct. Most of the DC 10 jets recorded terrible crashes. The one of American 191 is the most disastrous of all.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by cardoctor(m): 7:58am On Mar 26
Its the Boeing 747 for me. First plane ive ever been on that has two floors and a staircase.
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by tiswell(m): 8:39am On Mar 26
nedekid:
Nice one.
Flown in all apart from 2,9 and 10. cool
who asked you
Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by MrBONE2(m): 8:56am On Mar 26
tutudesz:
undecided
Please Bwana, where can I get this Edo Spiritual Aircraft cheesy

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by nedekid: 9:45am On Mar 26
tiswell:
who asked you
Who ask you to ask me who ask you?

1 Like

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by pargelenis(m): 4:18am On Mar 27
The fact that there is a 50 year old 737 still in service is amazing
C-GNLK Nolinor Aviation Boeing 737-2K2C(A)

Re: The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time by BALLOSKI: 9:22am On Mar 29
Racoon:
Thanks a lot sir.

The writer is good and I read every bit of it.

I love planes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa / Fun Places To Visit This Christmas In Lagos - Photos / Seized Passport At US Embassy Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.