Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram (7567 Views)

Femi Odubiyi, INEC ICT Director With Ties To APC Should Be Sacked – George / DSS Releases Israeli Film Makers Arrested Over Reported Ties To IPOB / Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by nairalandkachy1: 11:05am On Mar 26
The Nigerian Army is set to release more than 200 detainees cleared of links to the Boko Haram sect.

The detainees were arrested by the military in the heat of insurgency.

Daily Trust finding shows that they would be handed over to the Borno State Government for proper reintegration into the society.

The event will take place at Giwa Barracks in Maiduguri, the state capital, on Tuesday morning.

” Not fewer than 200 cleared Boko Haram suspects that are being cleared of any wrongdoing by security operatives, and they will be hand over to the Borno State Government for rehabilitation and reintegration.

“The handing over ceremony is set to be this morning (Tuesday) at 10: am at Giwa Barracks,” a source told Daily Trust.

The source said the State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Zuwaira Gambo, and her Information and Internal Security counterpart, Prof Tar Umar, will receive the clear detainees on behalf of the state government.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-army-set-to-release-200-detainees-cleared-of-ties-to-boko-haram/?fbclid=IwAR38I0OVIvraEhaYm_qOWHTh8tZu0xDe6DfdZb66UkXndIlUgcH-6JUMQio#google_vignette

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Macphenson: 11:25am On Mar 26
hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Namaster: 11:28am On Mar 26
No way these are NOT Boko Haram TERRORISTS! No way!

Nigerian Military tiptoe around in the North. They NEVER misbehave. Before they make a move, they must have seen these criminals shoot and kill people.

Then watch them shoot and kill people some more just for proof. Otherwise, Nigerian Military wouldn't have made a move.

What this news is saying is that the Nigerian Military have chosen to release 200 TERRORISTS into an already destabilized country.

Nigerians should get ready.

Also, it's strange this is coming after Gumi's meeting with them. Could they have negotiated a deal with the terrorists?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Quodseverismete: 11:32am On Mar 26
Another terrorists to deal with in the future.

Those people terrorists have been brainwashed, indoctrinated and hypnotized, believing that killing is Allah works and their only enemies is the infidel ( the Christians). You cannot deradicalize them, trust me 97% of them will still go back into terroristm, to kill more innocent people. Why not send them straight to ajana to go fuc.ck the virgins they have been promised, imagine the relatives of the people they have made orphans and widows, seeing them living a normal lives in the same society.
Until there is consequences for every actions, wickedness will continue to be a vicious cycle.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by odinaccess: 11:42am On Mar 26
Another batch of kidnappers with new Intel's and tactics , to practise in the field after Thier internship

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Tochitee(m): 12:20pm On Mar 26
Y
Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by farouk2much(m): 12:20pm On Mar 26
I don't know wetin dey happen to this army.. If i have my way i would not let this happen.. But am a common man, the son of no body.. They will surely come back and kill you people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Dangbana01(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26
Beautiful

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by AllahOfBlood: 12:21pm On Mar 26
angry

If this was a situation in the southeast or South-south they would have crush all of them and proceed to burn their family house.

Thunder fire those who said one Nigeria

Thunder fire Gowon

4 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Obinnau(m): 12:22pm On Mar 26
Yes, they cannot be held indefinitely. But the manner of overwatch they are given after release what the average Nigerian hates. Once a terrorist, always a terrorist.

5 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by AlomoReloaded: 12:23pm On Mar 26
Tochitee:

Who is this lizard? How much is biter obi paying you for the olodo job you are doing ?? Read what you wrote,does this make sense?
You are just something else.. but that something is senseless

6 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Killerofpigs: 12:24pm On Mar 26
Where are all the ESN/ IPOB and IGBO trolling zonBs?

Your masters have spoken and you are all quiet.

If this was the SE the Army will kill and the YORUBA enablers with their sidekicks will be encouraging the unwarranted savagery from the ARMY.

God Bless all self help security forces in the SE.

God Bless ESN
God Bless IPOB
God Bless Mazi Nnamdi KANU.

RONU and MANDATE wankers.. shame on una.. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by OGwales(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26
Nigerian Army always romancing with fulanis herdsmen... The fear of fulanis is the beginning of destruction.

4 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by 190: 12:25pm On Mar 26
Na them sabi undecided

2 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by tiswell(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26
If you have money,just japa.

Naija don cast!

3 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by BOSSkesh(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26
What kind of nonsense I'm I reading
Why do I feel like this is the payment negotiated with the terrorist who took those girls
The terrorist did their part now the Nigerian government will do hers
And everybody will turn a blind eye
I am not in support of this, they should have been killed long ago
May God help us
Check my signature for free stuff!!!!

27 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by aviona: 12:28pm On Mar 26
'rehabilitation and reintegration' into the society...
So how about the compensation plans for some of these innocent folks arrested for nothing, and now released by the army??

2 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by BigDawsNet: 12:29pm On Mar 26
Tf...

Why can't we be like some Western countries, such as the United States, Canada, and Britain, China, Russia, North Korea and many more who do not negotiate with terrorists...

When you romance and slap theses guys on wrist... you literally strengthen them and making them grow stronger...

I believe the southern and the Eastern parts of the country is safe to an extent.... pls... do not visit the North dis period if you like and care abt urself...

2 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Stevenson20: 12:30pm On Mar 26
Not surprised

1 Like

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Mar 26
cleared of ties to ...
Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Blaze14k: 12:30pm On Mar 26
Tochitee:

Who is this lizard? How much is biter obi paying you for the olodo job you are doing ?? Read what you wrote,does this make sense?

Look at them terrorist sympathiser

4 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Iamicekid(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26
How where they cleared, what investigation was done, why where they with guns in the first place and inside the forest with guns, but guess all that is swept under the rug… unna never ready if u really are all this bandits and kidnappers will be wiped out in a month

1 Like

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by Seunpapa65: 12:33pm On Mar 26
We are living in different part of this country
Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by phobia2002: 12:34pm On Mar 26
Prisoner swap
We no be fool

4 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by OgunkeelAllMod: 12:34pm On Mar 26
Lamba buruku grin

1 Like

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by ZombieTAMER: 12:34pm On Mar 26
undecided

One of the conditions for releasing the kidnapped school children.. after paying millions as ransome.

Tinubu can only deceive his mumu supporters
I mean they voted Buhari twice

2 Likes

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by reciprokal: 12:34pm On Mar 26
Army dey arrest and detain? Nigeria a fuxkedup country with no shape, form and direction

1 Like

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by tivity101: 12:35pm On Mar 26
Back to the jungle.

1 Like

Re: Army To Release 200 Detainees Cleared Of Ties To Boko Haram by supremedermatol: 12:35pm On Mar 26

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Currently Running Down Ipob Members With Trucks / ACF: We Don’t Have Presidential Candidate For 2019 / No Rift Between Buhari, Osinbajo — APC Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.