Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off (2141 Views)

Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation / CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Saskay44: 12:30pm On Mar 26
We are getting there no more subsidizing of exchange rate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by MMWandali: 12:31pm On Mar 26
Hmmm
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ldab: 12:32pm On Mar 26
We shall surely get there. Little by little

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by DaniellaDokubo(f): 12:35pm On Mar 26
As long as we not balancing our import and export (balance of trade) to get FX, this current move is not sustainable.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by 123yes(m): 12:40pm On Mar 26
Tinubu no doubts is a strategist. Our currency is recovering every day. If the naira continued this trend it will be back to where it was at ₦700 before Tinubu took over. Kudos to the government for staying focus to achieve their set goals

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by TruthIsBitter02: 12:43pm On Mar 26
My own is that if he can't make Nigeria better he should leave it the way he met it. All this Una propaganda no go work. Somebody met the naira at 650per dollar and now it's more than double and your expect reasonable human beings to applaud him for this? Why have people sold their souls to the devil that they can no longer think straight. Nawa o. How did I find myself in the same country with these people. Even Buhari's worst is better than Tinubu's best and somebody is praising him for been worst than the worst.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by OfoIgbo: 12:44pm On Mar 26
123yes:
Tinubu no doubts is a strategist. Our current is recovering every day. If the naira continued this trend it will be back to where it was at ₦700 before Tinubu took over. Kudos to the government for staying focus to achieve their set goals

Let us even hope that Tinubu's best recovers to Buhari's worst.
That is progress.

From 2027, hopefully a more competent Peter Obi will emerge to steer this Nigerian ship more competently

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Ogene001: 12:58pm On Mar 26
I just de laugh
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Putindbutt: 1:06pm On Mar 26
Ogene001:
I just de laugh
"dollar will get to 2000 naira" crew.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by magoo10(m): 1:14pm On Mar 26
₦1,269 ,₦1,345 , ₦1,430
They swear for them to give accurate exchange rate
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by mrvitalis(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26
Saskay44:
Do you even know what subsidizing of exchange rate means?

Lmao all this APC guys aa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by keymatt(m): 1:48pm On Mar 26
Agbadorians are very very very funny grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Amumaigwe: 2:12pm On Mar 26
Saskay44:

But we are back to subsidizing petrol. Moving in round robin formation covers no distance and bears no achievement.
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 2:49pm On Mar 26
TruthIsBitter02:
My own is that if he can't make Nigeria better he should leave it the way he met it. All this Una propaganda no go work. Somebody met the naira at 650per dollar and now it's more than double and your expect reasonable human beings to applaud him for this? Why have people sold their souls to the devil that they can no longer think straight. Nawa o. How did I find myself in the same country with these people. Even Buhari's worst is better than Tinubu's best and somebody is praising him for been worst than the worst.

My problem with subliterate like you is that you're the loudest even when what's coming from ur mind is senseless ness and rubbish.

Do you need a Prophet to tell you Tinubu inherited an already collapsing Economy due to Buhari's bad economic policies?? 100b dollars left our GDP under Buhari cus he was using money from our GDP to subsidise Fuel and Dollar, and the Northern Oligarchs kept feeding fat on these things plunging the country into wreckage and to what Gain if I should ask you??

Tinubu is fixing it and instead of you to take to research and get enlightened, you're here blabbing like an illiterate that you almost are. How do I know Tinubu is fixing things?? Subsidy is gone, Dollar has been regulated and what has happened so far?? Under 9 months of his Administration, 50B has been added back to our GDP, hes also offsetting our Debt. How many did Buhari offset in his 8years?? Tinubu is also touching the perceived Untouchable Cabals to make Nigeria better. These guys fed fat under Buhari and were untouchable.

Biko ensure you hit the Media with every sense you can manage to gather so you don't get to embarrass your family name

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 2:51pm On Mar 26
OfoIgbo:

Let us even hope that Tinubu's best recovers to Buhari's worst.
That is progress.

From 2027, hopefully a more competent Peter Obi will emerge to steer this Nigerian ship more competently

Brain of the gods, what would Obi do different to rescue an already collapsing economy due to Buhari's bad policies

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by drlateef: 2:59pm On Mar 26
TruthIsBitter02:

Naira was between 800-900 to dollar in parallel market when Buhari was leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Topman7: 3:02pm On Mar 26
drlateef:

Naira was between 800-900 to dollar in parallel market when Buhari was leaving.

Do you know the Central Bank was spending billions of dollars to shore up the Naira?

You think Tinubu just came in and made the Naira fall just to make you suffer?

It was costing billions of dollars, man.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by commoditiesnig: 3:05pm On Mar 26
Commendable!

The CBN team are doing a great job!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by drlateef: 3:14pm On Mar 26
Topman7:

Do you know the Central Bank was spending billions of dollars to shore up the Naira?

Yes i agree with you. I was just reminding him of the true figure.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by OfoIgbo: 3:20pm On Mar 26
Offpointng:

Brain of the gods, what would Obi do different to rescue an already collapsing economy due to Buhari's bad policies

First of all, Tinubu brought in Buhari in 2015, promising us that Buhari was better than Jonathan
Secondly, Tinubu advised Buhari to print more naira, which is partly why Buhari's government is being seen as disastrous
Thirdly, Tinubu campaigned for Buhari in 2019, alluding that Buhari had done very well in his first tenure.

So Tinubu is neckdeep in Buhari's failure.

Tinubu took over in 2023, and in a matter of weeks and months, the naira crashed to levels no one ever expected that naira will ever get to. The dollar more than doubled in value, against an already very weak naira. Can you imagine?

The bottom line is that Tinubu has been more responsible for the disaster we are currently in.
Buhari was just there from 2015-2023
Tinubu has been there from 2015 - 2024 and counting

Obi would have handled the fuel subsidy removal differently, to start with. He would have ensured modular refineries were in operation, and doing their business in naira, before removing subsidy.

Obi would have ensured Nigeria was at an appreciable level of the move from CONSUMPTION TO PRODUCTION, before even deciding to float the naira.

Both tests, Tinubu failed woefully. And he is surrounded by incompetent Lagosians. You cannot compare Ngozi Okonjo Iweala with Kemi Adeosun or Wale Edun.
Even incompetent Emefiele has shown himself to be head and shoulders more competent that Cardoso.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Validated: 4:13pm On Mar 26
ldab:
We shall surely get there. Little by little
Where are you headed please?
Poverty
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 5:11pm On Mar 26
They're actually defending the naira but at a higher rate. Same way they're paying subsidy at a higher rate.

Why do we deceive ourselves?
Saskay44:
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 5:14pm On Mar 26
How come the incompetent Bubu did not get this bad in 8yrs?
Offpointng:

My problem with subliterate like you is that you're the loudest even when what's coming from ur mind is senseless ness and rubbish.

Do you need a Prophet to tell you Tinubu inherited an already collapsing Economy due to Buhari's bad economy?? 100b dollars left our GDP under Buhari cus he was using money from our GDP to subsidise Fuel and Dollar, and the Northern Oligarchs kept feeding fat on these things plunging the country into wreckage and to what Gain if I should ask you??

Tinubu is fixing it and instead of you to take to research and get enlightened, you're here blabbing like an illiterate that you almost are. How do I know Tinubu is fixing things?? Subsidy is gone, Dollar has been regulated and what has happened so far?? Under 9 months of his Administration, 50B has been added back to our GDP, hes also offsetting our Debt. How many did Buhari offset in his 8years??

Biko ensure you hit the Media with every sense you can manage to gather so you don't get to embarrass your family name
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 5:15pm On Mar 26
The naira is still being shored up
Topman7:

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 6:56pm On Mar 26
ValarDoharis:
How come the incompetent Bubu did not get this bad in 8yrs?

I know lotta Nigerians are short memoried folks but things got terribly worse under Buhari. Otherwise, how do you explain Dollar moving from 190 under Jonathan to 700 under Buhari? Under Tinubu it was bearly 2x and Naira is even gaining strength as we speak

Under Buhari, Terrorism and terrorist became more Bold and it was recorded they were over 300 armed group in Nigeria. Tinubu is currently reducing them as we speak (Ask any Infrantry soldier you know).

Under Buhari senseless blockade were done shifting food prices astronomically. Tinubu has opened the Boarder.

Under Buhari, he borrowed senselessly and our GDP reduced by $100b and no Loan was paid. Under Tinubu our GDP has grown with bout 50b dollar and has settled bout 1.8billion dollar debt owed to China, India and Germany (fast check me on this)

The Northern Oligarchs controlled CBN and BDC's for years, milking Nigeria terribly. Tinubu has taken the food and the plate away from them.

If Tinubu has achieved this under a Year, Comparing him to Clueless Buhari is the greatest Insult ever sad

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Shadomaan7: 7:16pm On Mar 26
TruthIsBitter02:
How much did PDP met it in 1999? Barely #20 to $1.

Why did Jonathan left it at #180 without returning it back to #20 PDP let it?

Also in the 60s, it is almost at $1 = #1naira, why did Abdulsalam not return it to #1 in 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Donaldoni: 7:22pm On Mar 26
Thank God

Piiggggss are displeased.

The FG has moved from deficit to surplus

All the 'low' rates in Buhari era were fueled by huge borrowing thereby plunging us into huge debts.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by paramakina202: 7:26pm On Mar 26
Saskay44:

Naira VS dollars rate will gradually rise again. What Tinubu administration is doing to stabilize the naira is not sustainable.
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Ofunaofu: 7:31pm On Mar 26
Saskay44:

Is that where he met it
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 8:13pm On Mar 26
We told you guys Bubu is incompetent but you hated us for that.

I am comparing with Bubu because Tinubu took over from him and made things terribly worse. While Bubu was there as president, Tinubu and you guys were supporting Bubu wholeheartedly but how trying to dissociate Tinubu from APC and Bubu's failures. Tinubu so far is worse than Bubu and until the country improves vs how me met it on May 29, 2023, you can not expect sane Nigerians to join your idolatry
Offpointng:

I know lotta Nigerians are short memoried folks but things got terribly worse under Buhari. Otherwise, how do you explain Dollar moving from 190 under Jonathan to 700 under Buhari? Under Tinubu it was bearly 2x and Naira is even gaining strength as we speak

Under Buhari, Terrorism and terrorist became more Bold and it was recorded they were over 300 armed group in Nigeria. Tinubu is currently reducing them as we speak (Ask any Infrantry soldier you know).

Under Buhari senseless blockade were done shifting food prices astronomically. Tinubu has opened the Boarder.

Under Buhari, he borrowed senselessly and our GDP reduced by $100b and no Loan was paid. Under Tinubu our GDP has grown with bout 50b dollar and has settled bout 1.8billion dollar debt owed to China, India and Germany (fast check me on this)

The Northern Oligarchs controlled CBN and BDC's for years, milking Nigeria terribly. Tinubu has taken the food and the plate away from them.

If Tinubu has achieved this under a Year, Comparing him to Clueless Buhari is the greatest Insult ever sad

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by CORPSEFUCKER: 8:16pm On Mar 26
Kindly kys fággot

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by AcadaWriter1: 8:25pm On Mar 26
We shall surely going there. Little by little

(1) (2) (Reply)

Verydarkman Calls Out Pastor Omokri For Raping A 15-year-old Girl / Efcc Declares Vaswani Brothers Wanted Over N3billion Rice Duty Fraud. / Ibibio The Land Of Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.