Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off (2162 Views)

Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation / CBN Policies are Paying Off. Naira Continues To Appreciate Gradually. / 2027: Tinubu’s Policies Unsettle Northern APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 8:53pm On Mar 26
ValarDoharis:
We told you guys Bubu is incompetent but you hated us for that.

I am comparing with Bubu because Tinubu took over from him and made things terribly worse. While Bubu was there as president, Tinubu and you guys were supporting Bubu wholeheartedly but how trying to dissociate Tinubu from APC and Bubu's failures. Tinubu so far is worse than Bubu and until the country improves vs how me met it on May 29, 2023, you can not expect sane Nigerians to join your idolatry

You're wrong again. I supported Jonathan in '15, Supported Atiku in '19 and in '23 I'm a sensible Youth to know we need a young President like Obi over a 87 year old man.

Tinubu got his flaws which we all know bout. but Bros, person wey dey try suppose get him accolades. Politics shouldn't be a bitter game. Tinubu got my support the very moment he started touching these Northern Oligarchs who seemed untouchable and have unarguably been the problem of this Country

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26
Offpointng:

You're wrong again. I supported Jonathan in '15, Supported Atiku in '19 and in '23 I'm a sensible Youth to know we need a young President like Obi over a 87 year old man.

Tinubu got his flaws which we all know bout. but Bros, person wey dey try suppose get him accolades. Politics shouldn't be a bitter game. Tinubu got my support the very moment he started touching these Northern Oligarchs who seemed untouchable and have unarguably been the problem of this Country

Wish he'd reason like this.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 9:54pm On Mar 26
Your reason for supporting Tinubu is not noble. Tinubu wasnt rigged him to deal with northern oligarchy but to improve the country which he is obviously failing.

The only reason he'd dare attack the North would because he has made plans to rig the 2027 election however we will not allow what happened in 2023 where Obi's mandate was stolen to repeat itself
Offpointng:

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Acme45: 9:57pm On Mar 26
Shadomaan7:

How much did PDP met it in 1999? Barely #20 to $1.

Why did Jonathan left it at #180 without returning it back to #20 PDP let it?

Also in the 60s, it is almost at $1 = #1naira, why did Abdulsalam not return it to #1 in 1999?

when PDP came to power 1999 Dollar was between 38 -40naira, fuel was 12naira
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Shadomaan7: 10:09pm On Mar 26
Acme45:
when PDP came to power 1999 Dollar was between 38 -40naira, fuel was 12naira

Okay why did PDP not leave it at 40 naira in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 10:36pm On Mar 26
ValarDoharis:
Your reason for supporting Tinubu is not noble. Tinubu wasnt rigged him to deal with northern oligarchy but to improve the country which he is obviously failing.

The only reason he'd dare attack the North would because he has made plans to rig the 2027 election however we will not allow what happened in 2023 where Obi's mandate was stolen to repeat itself

Imagine the way ur thinking?? If you don't deal with ur problems how do you intend to improve?? If you don't take away ur obstacle how did you intend to go forward??

And besides, Rigging was done quite alright but on a free and fair election, Obi wouldn't have still won if we're to be honest

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 11:16pm On Mar 26
Obi won, not Obi wouldn't have won. He already did!

If Tinubu considered the Northern Oligarchs as problems, what problems are they under the rule of law? Why is Tinubu silent on restructuring?

Until Tinubu improves the country from where he met it, he remains a failure
Offpointng:

Imagine the way ur thinking?? If you don't deal with ur problems how do you intend to improve?? If you don't take away ur obstacle how did you intend to go forward??

And besides, Rigging was done quite alright but on a free and fair election, Obi wouldn't have still won if we're to be honest
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by TruthIsBitter02: 11:37pm On Mar 26
You guys are the reason Nigeria will never move forward. This same tinubu you are supporting saw nothing wrong in Buhari's government. He even said Buhari has done well and that he will continue from where he stopped. What I wrong with guys, why do you hate Nigeria this much that you have vowed never to see Nigeria great. Look at other countries that we got independence same time and see where they are now. Why can't we the masses come together and put this politicians on their toes in other bring our country at par with our contemporaries. You are here defending rubbish due to tribe and religion. They swear for Una? I hope the bad economy we all are experiencing now no reach your family.
Offpointng:

My problem with subliterate like you is that you're the loudest even when what's coming from ur mind is senseless ness and rubbish.

Do you need a Prophet to tell you Tinubu inherited an already collapsing Economy due to Buhari's bad economic policies?? 100b dollars left our GDP under Buhari cus he was using money from our GDP to subsidise Fuel and Dollar, and the Northern Oligarchs kept feeding fat on these things plunging the country into wreckage and to what Gain if I should ask you??

Tinubu is fixing it and instead of you to take to research and get enlightened, you're here blabbing like an illiterate that you almost are. How do I know Tinubu is fixing things?? Subsidy is gone, Dollar has been regulated and what has happened so far?? Under 9 months of his Administration, 50B has been added back to our GDP, hes also offsetting our Debt. How many did Buhari offset in his 8years?? Tinubu is also touching the perceived Untouchable Cabals to make Nigeria better. These guys fed fat under Buhari and were untouchable.

Biko ensure you hit the Media with every sense you can manage to gather so you don't get to embarrass your family name
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Justnation: 3:10am On Mar 27
Do you know how many people tinubu sent to untimely death due to his woefully policies.
You are here spreading propaganda over dollar he said should be #1 to 1$ until then he has done nothing
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by surgical: 5:43am On Mar 27
123yes:
Tinubu no doubts is a strategist. Our currency is recovering every day. If the naira continued this trend it will be back to where it was at ₦700 before Tinubu took over. Kudos to the government for staying focus to achieve their set goals
700 was black market rate not the official rate, buhari official rate was 490
I still don't understand what Tinubu wants to achieve with his jagbajantis economics
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by predictor1: 6:54am On Mar 27
surgical:
700 was black market rate not the official rate, buhari official rate was 490
I still don't understand what Tinubu wants to achieve with his jagbajantis economics
What he wants to achieve and what he is already achieving bit by bit is to stabilize the economy and reduce budget deficits. Jonathan and buhari nearly destroyed Nigeria's economy with their mismanagement. You were buying fuel at a crazily subsidized rate of #200 when Ghana a fellow oil producer was selling at #900 a litre and you didn't know they were borrowing to make that happen. Naira was weak because we were importing way too much but it was at #400 official rate and you believed that was the true value of the naira.

Look, if Tinubu had not taken over from that idiot buhari, Nigeria would have ended up like Argentina or Lebanon. Argentine peso was 9 to a dollar in 2015, today it's 850. Lebanese pound to a dollar is 36,000. Those countries made the same mistakes Nigeria had been making, subsidizing fuel and shoring up their currencies artificially.

Tinubu knew you wouldn't understand but he is moving ahead anyway.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 7:11am On Mar 27
Trash!!!
OfoIgbo:

First of all, Tinubu brought in Buhari in 2015, promising us that Buhari was better than Jonathan
Secondly, Tinubu advised Buhari to print more naira, which is partly why Buhari's government is being seen as disastrous
Thirdly, Tinubu campaigned for Buhari in 2019, alluding that Buhari had done very well in his first tenure.

So Tinubu is neckdeep in Buhari's failure.

Tinubu took over in 2023, and in a matter of weeks and months, the naira crashed to levels no one ever expected that naira will ever get to. The dollar more than doubled in value, against an already very weak naira. Can you imagine?

The bottom line is that Tinubu has been more responsible for the disaster we are currently in.
Buhari was just there from 2015-2023
Tinubu has been there from 2015 - 2024 and counting

Obi would have handled the fuel subsidy removal differently, to start with. He would have ensured modular refineries were in operation, and doing their business in naira, before removing subsidy.

Obi would have ensured Nigeria was at an appreciable level of the move from CONSUMPTION TO PRODUCTION, before even deciding to float the naira.

Both tests, Tinubu failed woefully. And he is surrounded by incompetent Lagosians. You cannot compare Ngozi Okonjo Iweala with Kemi Adeosun or Wale Edun.
Even incompetent Emefiele has shown himself to be head and shoulders more competent that Cardoso.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by surgical: 7:31am On Mar 27
predictor1:
What he wants to achieve and what he is already achieving bit by bit is to stabilize the economy and reduce budget deficits. Jonathan and buhari nearly destroyed Nigeria's economy with their mismanagement. You were buying fuel at a crazily subsidized rate of #200 when Ghana a fellow oil producer was selling at #900 a litre and you didn't know they were borrowing to make that happen. Naira was weak because we were importing way too much but it was at #400 official rate and you believed that was the true value of the naira.

Look, if Tinubu had not taken over from that idiot buhari, Nigeria would have ended up like Argentina or Lebanon. Argentine peso was 9 to a dollar in 2015, today it's 850. Lebanese pound to a dollar is 36,000. Those countries made the same mistakes Nigeria had been making, subsidizing fuel and shoring up their currencies artificially.

Tinubu knew you wouldn't understand but he is moving ahead anyway.
Every government that has always taken this road that you are advocating and Tinubu was taking before, has always lead to golgota and always end badly as you have observed
The true value of naira you people are advocating is a hoax,theoretical at best
You can not set true value of naira by market forces like they wanted to do which they have stopped and returned to status quo though, they won't agree,like the re introduction of subsidy
These are policy summersult confirming it was not well thought out,you are still there believing the former policy is still on ,you need to check back with them.
You cannot use market forces in Nigeria, the market here cannot allocate resources efficiently, there are too many distortions,that is why copy and paste solution is bad
Apply solutions that correspond to your situation
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 7:37am On Mar 27
TruthIsBitter02:
You guys are the reason Nigeria will never move forward. This same tinubu you are supporting saw nothing wrong in Buhari's government. He even said Buhari has done well and that he will continue from where he stopped. What I wrong with guys, why do you hate Nigeria this much that you have vowed never to see Nigeria great. Look at other countries that we got independence same time and see where they are now. Why can't we the masses come together and put this politicians on their toes in other bring our country at par with our contemporaries. You are here defending rubbish due to tribe and religion. They swear for Una? I hope the bad economy we all are experiencing now no reach your family.

My Lord, Yes Tinubu got his flaws and we can criticise him for that. But I've seen lotta you guys criticism has graduated to Hate that y'all have decided not to see anything good in this Administration. Mai una calm down fest, person wey dey try suppose get him accolades and then fault his imperfections

About Tinubu supporting Buhari?? should we really blame him? Yes we should. But truth be spoken, if we're politicans we will all will do the same for our personal interest

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 7:43am On Mar 27
ValarDoharis:
Obi won, not Obi wouldn't have won. He already did!

If Tinubu considered the Northern Oligarchs as problems, what problems are they under the rule of law? Why is Tinubu silent on restructuring?

Until Tinubu improves the country from where he met it, he remains a failure

What are your statistics?? Without rigging and On a normal day, Obi wouldn't have Won the North East, North West, South west and the North central except Abuja and Jo's

So give us a break down statistics of how he would have won with just the SS, SE and bout 2 state in the NC and a state in the SW??

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by heniford2: 8:52am On Mar 27
Until e drop reach 1 is to 100 dollars I can't accept it
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 9:22am On Mar 27
We're talking of what actually happened and you're here speculating.

Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos, Abuja. Even Lagos, Plateau margins were greatly reduced.
They saw the results coming in that Obi was winning so they had to shutdown IREV that they spent 300 billion to procure
Offpointng:

What are your statistics?? Without rigging and On a normal day, Obi wouldn't have Won the North East, North West, South west and the North central except Abuja and Jo's

So give us a break down statistics of how he would have won with just the SS, SE and bout 2 state in the NC and a state in the SW??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by SouthSouth1914: 9:58am On Mar 27
Paying off, how? Not until he brings back USD to N700 or less that’s when we would know he is working. Are zombies cursed? How can you say a policy is working when you are below expectations?
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 10:20am On Mar 27
ValarDoharis:
We're talking of what actually happened and you're here speculating.

Obi defeated Tinubu in Lagos, Abuja. Even Lagos, Plateau margins were greatly reduced.
They saw the results coming in that Obi was winning so they had to shutdown IREV that they spent 300 billion to procure

But even if the results from Lagos, Abuja and Plateau had come out as it is, it's still isn't enough to give Obi presidency. Imagine him not having a state in The NE and NW. Obi wouldn't have won on a free fair election boss

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by ValarDoharis: 1:01pm On Mar 27
So Tinubu would have won on a free and fair election?
Offpointng:

But even if the results from Lagos, Abuja and Plateau had come out as it is, it's still isn't enough to give Obi presidency. Imagine him not having a state in The NE and NW. Obi wouldn't have won on a free fair election boss
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Offpointng: 10:09pm On Mar 27
ValarDoharis:
So Tinubu would have won on a free and fair election?

It'd have been a very tough one between him and Atiku
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by EmperorCaesar(m): 11:52am On Mar 28
OfoIgbo:

First of all, Tinubu brought in Buhari in 2015, promising us that Buhari was better than Jonathan
Secondly, Tinubu advised Buhari to print more naira, which is partly why Buhari's government is being seen as disastrous
Thirdly, Tinubu campaigned for Buhari in 2019, alluding that Buhari had done very well in his first tenure.

So Tinubu is neckdeep in Buhari's failure.

Tinubu took over in 2023, and in a matter of weeks and months, the naira crashed to levels no one ever expected that naira will ever get to. The dollar more than doubled in value, against an already very weak naira. Can you imagine?

The bottom line is that Tinubu has been more responsible for the disaster we are currently in.
Buhari was just there from 2015-2023
Tinubu has been there from 2015 - 2024 and counting

Obi would have handled the fuel subsidy removal differently, to start with. He would have ensured modular refineries were in operation, and doing their business in naira, before removing subsidy.

Obi would have ensured Nigeria was at an appreciable level of the move from CONSUMPTION TO PRODUCTION, before even deciding to float the naira.

Both tests, Tinubu failed woefully. And he is surrounded by incompetent Lagosians. You cannot compare Ngozi Okonjo Iweala with Kemi Adeosun or Wale Edun.
Even incompetent Emefiele has shown himself to be head and shoulders more competent that Cardoso.

Same Ngozi Okonjo that was in charge during the case of $20m under GEJ?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even if she was that great, do really have to stop appointing others and just stick to Ngozi as the permanent minister of finance till 2060??

I'm glad we never had Ngozi during that Yaradua time, una for talk say na she dey in charge when our economy better pass
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by Johnjustice: 11:58am On Mar 28
DaniellaDokubo:
As long as we not balancing our import and export (balance of trade) to get FX, this current move is not sustainable.
It can buy us time, till we start importing less...if Dangote can supply local market PMS and diesel, this will reduce our dollar needs to import these products... government should encourage local production of food and utilities...we can buy time with this, make the economy run, rather than watch dollar go off the roof, and the masses hitting the streets out of hunger and frustration. In economy it's about finding an equilibrium, till you get to your development or economic prosperity point. Economics is not static...but government must focus on catering for the people, doing everything it can to make food and basic things cheap, so life goes on, otherwise it's chaos and the vicious cycle...don't forget the poor people are majority.

Don't forget a nation is not a business, the work of government is to take care of the people, make sure food and basic utilities, fuel etc is cheap, not to release balance sheet.
Re: Tinubu Policies Gradually Paying Off by OfoIgbo: 1:02pm On Mar 28
EmperorCaesar:

Same Ngozi Okonjo that was in charge during the case of $20m under GEJ?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Even if she was that great, do really have to stop appointing others and just stick to Ngozi as the permanent minister of finance till 2060??

I'm glad we never had Ngozi during that Yaradua time, una for talk say na she dey in charge when our economy better pass

When Yaradua was the president, Nigeria was the third largest economy in Africa.

When GEJ came in, he appointed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and the Nigerian economy became the largest in Africa.

NOI is a beast. No other Nigerian economist could have secured the WTO leadership that she currently has. Remember the rigorous selection/interviewing process she had to undergo, against other global economic heavyweights from Europe, America and Asia, before she was found to be the most competent.
You and I know that both Kemi Adeosun and Wale Edun, with Cardoso as jara, combined, will not even be able to make it to the second round of that process.

Bottom line is that the drug-dealer president and his gang of jailbirds and islamists have destroyed the Nigerian economy.
From 2015 to the present.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nyako Rejected Jonathan’s Offer To Be Vp! It's All Obj's Doing! Read More Inside / Who Are The Oduduwa Haters Of Ngozi Iweala?? / “we Shall Build A Capital City To Behold In Awka” – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.