Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Should This Tenant Do ? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Should This Tenant Do ? (225 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / How Do I Recover My Monies From This Tenant / OMG This Tenant Is Really Strange ..this Is Nigeria Indeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should This Tenant Do ? by MisterBanny(m): 8:15pm On Mar 26
As I type this, I'm confused and don't know the advice to offer my co-tenant.
I live in a selfcon, I have a co-tenant who lives in two bedroom besides my own apartment. This co-tenant has four kids. He packed into the house in November last year. But before he packed in, the house was in a delapidated state and almost unhabitable. He renovated the house and packed in.
After two months of packing in, our landlord sold the apartment and asked him to move out. The tenant feels he has been used by the landlord because he took his time to fix that house before moving in. The landlord has agreed to give him a balance of whatever is left from the rent since he's already spent five months in there, but same landlord refused to take responsibility for the payment of any expenses incurred in the renovation of the apartment carried out by the tenant.
There's a serious altercation between the landlord and the tenant now.
What is the advice to the tenant Please?
Re: What Should This Tenant Do ? by slimjohn2k5: 8:17pm On Mar 26
Stop renovating people's house. Na him loose

1 Like

Re: What Should This Tenant Do ? by helinues: 8:21pm On Mar 26
Why renovating a house that does not belong to you?

There is this misconception about house palava. Except if you build a house for rent, personal house is not an asset but liability instead
Re: What Should This Tenant Do ? by Solofresh2: 8:25pm On Mar 26
Stupid renovations everywhere
Re: What Should This Tenant Do ? by Asonaijaaso: 4:49am On Mar 27
He should have secured guaranty before renovating that he will be there minimum 2 years.

Because you are a good person doesn't mean others will be good to you.

You have been carried 2.0 Handicap
Re: What Should This Tenant Do ? by predictor1: 5:17am On Mar 27
The landlord is right. I see a lot of people renting a place and giving it a facelift just to satisfy themselves. If the landlord gives you a quit notice after one year, you can do nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Prime Properties For Sale / Get Certified By Obtaining A Professional Certificate With IACM / To Let 2brm Flat @ Ogudu Gra 2t2b,,800 1yr 07034770232

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.