Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate (39845 Views)

Goldman Sachs: Naira Looks Cheap, To Appreciate To N1,200/$1 / Naira To Appreciate, Settle At N600/$1 In Coming Months, Says JP Morgan / ‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by femisplash: 5:43pm On Mar 27
Johnjustice:
We should charge naira for our oil export, make them go buy naira, to buy our oil, this will boost naira demand and value.
Bruv!!!, i love your idea but that's a wishful thinking, we got our debts in dollars, we servicing our debts in dollars. We can't afford going that route.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by mariahAngel(f): 5:43pm On Mar 27
helinues:

Wait, are you saying you are not happy about naira gaining strength, make I just ask that straight question

Make I no just talk. grin
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Mar 27
femisplash:
By a stroke of genius, the President had ordered the CBN be in charge of receipts of oil revenues, a departure from decade-long misappropriation of crude oil sales. It therefore enhances CBN's ability to stabilize the currency. The insinuation that CBN borrows to sell to banks and BDCs should be disregarded.

2. Clearing of $7billion backlog has done the economy so much good. Investors no longer have the fear of their funds being trapped.

3. Oil production is on a steady increase. Although, a component volume of it had been sold in the future, however, the significant increase in production is offsetting the shortfalls. Moreover, oil price is up.

4. The market is gaining back investors' confidence. Following MPC meeting in January, investors reacted positively, total foreign portforlio recorded $2.3billion in febuary, purchases of naira assets stood at $1billion, oversea remitances went up greatly, FG bonds was oversubscribed, all these helped create more liquidity and increases market supply.

are all this the reason why the naira has slightly appreciated against the dollar?

will the naira appreciate against the dollar to the N200 that APC met it and that APC said was too high?

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by winnah(f): 5:44pm On Mar 27
When the dollar went up, did they wait a second before they changed price...? So why waiting until they sale off or a confirmation that dollar is now stable...

Putindbutt:

True, i was at a pharma store and was told they would have to sell off the ones on shelf before they reduce price and that dollars have to be stable.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by daneni1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

If PH starts production this month as promised, it'd futher endanger their speculations as dollars would futher crash. They'd rather sell off the old stock as fast, rather than the waiting game.

Starting is not the issue. Do we even have the available resources to produce. As of today, the govt is saying there is no crude oil for PH refinery to process. You may also know that Dangote had to import crude oil for his refinery.

However, irrespective of this issue, i hope the govt would find a lasting solution to it.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by mariahAngel(f): 5:46pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

CBN as at yesterday had also reduced custom duty, so we expect a corresponding reduction in prices of imported goods, unless of course Nigerians do what they do best- which is continued exploitation and greed. Also, all level of government should roll up their sleeves and invest in critical sectors in their respective states.

Now, this is what I love to read.
And I hope it is true.

I don't care who gets the job done, as long as it is done.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by lexy2014: 5:47pm On Mar 27
seunowa:

Clueless idiot, when naira was exchanging for 1850 to a dollar, someone like you was rejoicing and calling the government all manner of unprintable names.
But now that the government set out policies framework are paying off. You are bringing out another negative narratives that naira will collapse in less three months.
If naira doesn't collapse In three month then that doom will fall on your head...
Negativity about our country should be erased. Everyone should support this government to achieve greatness and prosperity. If these are sustained,in no time, fuel prices will go down, so also prices of commodities and food.

but the APC you are supporting once told Nigerians that N200 to a dollar was too high.

how come you are getting emotional because some Nigerians are saying this government is a disgrace to have let the price of dollar to fall to N1850?

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by phemray(m): 5:47pm On Mar 27
MrProlific95:
Propaganda drove the exchange up, propaganda is been used to bring it down. Cosmetic surgery government

It means propaganda is a working strategy.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by PepeXKermit: 5:49pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

Manipulators like Binance have been shut out, anyone thinking there will be a massive slump is making a big mistake of his life. This crop of CBN executives led by Cardoso are the real MVP. Hoarders beware!

Binance? how did they manipulate it? una never see anything. Naira appreciated on some dollars that was flushed into the system
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Johnjustice: 5:49pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

Bruv!!!, i love your idea but that's a wishful thinking, we got our debts in dollars, we serving our debts in dollars. We can't afford going that route.
The naira will appreciate fast, we will be able to pay off our debts quicker, if the president has the courage to do this, we will pay up our debts quicker... Nigeria is servicing it's debt, if not for stealing in government thise debt are chicken feed to pay back. Owing debts has nothing to do with us selling in naira, as long as we pay them their debts...we are not obliged to keep selling in naira because we are owing.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Honestey: 5:50pm On Mar 27
Tinubu is 10X better than his rivals. Greeting every Obas, Emirs, attending ceremonies uninvited, sharing money for the yes daddies, organizing International conference, laying curses on innocent INEC boss etc can't change that and Baba continues till 2031
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Kusu12: 5:51pm On Mar 27
The losers will disagree with this news, they are miserable set of people who only rejoice in bad news
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by wisepigeon: 5:53pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

CBN as at yesterday had also reduced custom duty, so we expect a corresponding reduction in prices of imported goods, unless of course Nigerians do what they do best- which is continued exploitation and greed. Also, all level of government should roll up their sleeves and invest in critical sectors in their respective states.

This not reflected on customs duty, as 1x40ft container is stilling paying a total import duty of 9-11million naira from 5-7million naira it used to be, while 1x20ft container is still at 7million naira. This is why cost of goods in the market is still very high, even as naira is appreciating. So there is no sign of relief at the moment until government take more drastic action to bring down prices.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by TI1919(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27
You people should wait till 1 dollar is 1000 naira otherwise you are not different from speculators
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by TheOldGods: 5:55pm On Mar 27
99thEnemy:

That is to show you how Nigerian traders too are part of the cause of Nigeria’s problems.

what you just described is one of the leading causes of inflation in Nigeria.

The government can only be blamed for this for lack of price control.
this is the same thing I said earlier before you quoted me. You no read am we'll be for you quoted me or what?
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:57pm On Mar 27
Sincerely Speaking In My Humble Opinion Without Being Sentimental And Judgemental And Of Course Without Offending Anyone Who Thinks Differently From My Opinion, But Rather Looking Into This Serious Matter Without Perspective Distinction And Views. I Honestly Think And Believe That I Have Nothing To Say
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by seunowa(f): 5:58pm On Mar 27
MN07:

You are the clueless fool here. Naira must hit 10,000NGN whether you like it or not.

By then I'm sure you won't have money to purchase data to come online and talk trash.
I don't expect someone bought from a baby factory to be morally upright and intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Iamthoney(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27
alimiadedayo1:

God bless people are daft.. People that think they are intelligent are the most stupid human being on earth.. so just because dollar went down 1200 in day by default everything will just go down I don't understand my people again
You are right, prices won’t just go down until they sell off their old commodities and stocks. But then some Nigerians are very wicked and greedy cos if Dollar is being exchanged for N2000-N3000k for example and they got their stocks and goods at a Dollar rate of N1800k they will swiftly jack up their stock and commodity price and claim “You no sabi say Dollar don cost” That’s why some persons expect prices to drop too but then it is still impossible

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by frankson1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27
Putindbutt:

True, i was at a pharma store and was told they would have to sell off the ones on shelf before they reduce price and that dollars have to be stable.

When dollar rate rises, they will immediately increase prices of old items in their stores and tell us that it'll affect them when they want to restock.

When the rate drops as it is dropping now, they will tell us they have to sell off their old stocks since they bought the products at higher amounts.

The bottom line is, majority of Nigerians are super greedy, selfish, and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Lovit(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27
You guys should wake me up when Naira gains to N500/1$.

For now no commendation
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by femisplash: 6:05pm On Mar 27
Johnjustice:

The naira will appreciate fast, we will be able to pay off our debts quicker, if the president has the courage to do this, we will pay up our debts quicker... Nigeria is servicing it's debt, if not for stealing in government thise debt are chicken feed to pay back. Owing debts has nothing to do with us selling in naira, as long as we pay them their debts...we are not obliged to keep selling in naira because we are owing.
Are you serious?, naira is going to be a superman.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Shimbo96(m): 6:05pm On Mar 27
femisplash:

"it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubts".
like you don't know there are set of nuisance on this platform that will feel bad about any good news is Nigeria. Beware of them⚠️

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Deogratiasfx: 6:06pm On Mar 27
tophempire:
Naira is only surviving on borrowed dollar... In 3 month we should be back to 1800+.

Who wan bet

ABEG MAKE MUMU ADULTS NO MENTION ME AGAIN.

If we talk, they tag us enemy of Nigeria. I sincerely wish naira the very best but.....
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27
maestroferddi:
You know that you are carping nonsense...

Voodoo economics has no place in reality...

What is the price of cement in the market today even after the much touted parley between Tinubu, Dangote and the BUA owner?

You guys should invest more energy into bringing relatable improvements than these propaganda and noisemaking...

The economy will not improve by wishful thinking and asinine speculations...
Who are the "you guys"

What is voodoo about price adjusting after production price or cost price going down due to favourable exchange rate.

Ordinary roadside trader can understand it.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by PStacks(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27
femisplash:
By a stroke of genius, the President had ordered the CBN be in charge of receipts of oil revenues, a departure from decade-long misappropriation of crude oil sales. It therefore enhances CBN's ability to stabilize the currency. The insinuation that CBN borrows to sell to banks and BDCs should be disregarded.

2. Clearing of $7billion backlog has done the economy so much good. Investors no longer have the fear of their funds being trapped.

3. Oil production is on a steady increase. Although, a component volume of it had been sold in the future, however, the significant increase in production is offsetting the shortfalls. Moreover, oil price is up.

4. The market is gaining back investors' confidence. Following MPC meeting in January, investors reacted positively, total foreign portforlio recorded $2.3billion in febuary, purchases of naira assets stood at $1billion, oversea remitances went up greatly, FG bonds was oversubscribed, all these helped create more liquidity and increases market supply.

This to me just looks like a rebound to come back with much force to break the #2,000 resistance since at present the Naira has no support.

This minor retrace can be celebrated for the time being.

Everything said here is mere paper talks and nothing has fundamentally changed.

Has farm produce increased?

Had terrorism and kidnapping been abated?

Are we producing more than we consume?

What other export commodity do we have doing well asides crude oil.

Where did investor confidence come from?

Has Electricity improved.

These are fundamentals to back Naira gains and not peripherals like these flimsy ones up there you got.

1 Like

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by frankson1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27
Putindbutt:

Try get sense na, what is the total production before it slump by 100,000 and that doesn't stop it from going up again. oil production is increased, dummy.

Even if you 'sppon feed' them with the truth or correct information, they will still not understand.

Their hearts are stiff and darkened from long years of hate and bitterness and so they can no longer open up for good news.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by 99thEnemy(m): 6:11pm On Mar 27
PepeXKermit:

Binance? how did they manipulate it? una never see anything. Naira appreciated on some dollars that was flushed into the system
If you mean that by the cleared backlogs, Yes, Major currencies like $, €, £ were pumped to clear it which is necessarily.

But this is not temporary. it has been cleared, it has been cleared. except we still decide to accumulate another significant forex backlog.

It won’t be a factor that will affect the stability of the Naira anymore. you can look into other factors but as for that one, it is solved.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by femisplash: 6:11pm On Mar 27
wisepigeon:

This not reflected on customs duty, as 1x40ft container is stilling paying a total import duty of 9-11million naira from 5-7million naira it used to be, while 1x20ft container is still at 7million naira. This is why cost of goods in the market is still very high, even as naira is appreciating. So there is no sign of relief at the moment until government take more drastic action to bring down prices.
When CBN does it job but other sister agencies are dropping the ball, that's unfortunate. Very sure, they got the memo for the new dollar rate. It is baffling how we hurt ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by GodHimself: 6:11pm On Mar 27
There’s a time lag. Most logical explanation I have.

jetwonder:
grin grin grin
But Prices of good is still high!
Government should look into this.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by 99thEnemy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27
TheOldGods:
this is the same thing I said earlier before you quoted me. You no read am we'll be for you quoted me or what?
Na you no see say I the second your point while adding the measure that can be used to tackle it comrade grin
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by uvie66: 6:14pm On Mar 27
tophempire:
Naira is only surviving on borrowed dollar... In 3 month we should be back to 1800+.

Who wan bet

ABEG MAKE MUMU ADULTS NO MENTION ME AGAIN.

....You have to give reason for this assertion.
Re: Why Naira Will Continue To Appreciate by hslbroker2(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27
femisplash:
It is also noteworthy to appreciate CBN's new guildelines, these bold moves have helped sanitize the financial system. CBN henceforth is closely monitoring operations of financial institutions and BDCs. CBN and the security agencies are following every transactions, the eagle eyes are following the money. Hopefully, it gets even better.

PS; foreign reserves has grown to $34billion as at feburary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote: 27 Staff Shot During Closure Of Our Factory By Kogi Govt / Efe Ejere's Mother's Burial: Obi Cubana, 36 Pals Squad, Others Storm Delta / Ubong Ekpe, Sky Bank Manager And His Brother Drown At A Beach Party In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.