Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Healthy Living Starts From The Care Of Teeth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Healthy Living Starts From The Care Of Teeth (71 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Teeth Stains, Plague And Bad Breath / Lady Jumps Down From A Bike And Starts Misbehaving In Ado Ekiti (Video) / Healthy Living... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Living Starts From The Care Of Teeth by Ifezymos(m): 4:05pm On Mar 27
HEALTHY LIVING STARTS FROM THE CARE OF TEETH

I had a very insightful moment with one of the Dentists at Access Dental Clinic PDDC Abeokuta, in Ogun state at his office today. He talked extensively about the general care of teeth to give room for good oral health and overall well-being.

He made me understand that brushing teeth at least twice a day for two minutes using a fluoride toothpaste is very important. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and hold it at a 45-degree angle towards your gum line. Gently brush in circular motions, covering all tooth surfaces, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces.

He said flossing should be done at least once a day to remove plaque and food particles from between your teeth and along the gum line. Take around 18-24 inches of dental floss and wind it around your middle fingers, leaving a comfortable length between them. Slide the floss gently between your teeth, curve it around each tooth in a C shape, and move it up and down to remove debris.

Rinse your mouth with an NAFDAC-approved mouthwash after brushing and flossing. Look for a mouthwash that contains fluoride and antibacterial properties. Swish the mouthwash around your mouth for 30-60 seconds, ensuring it reaches all areas, then spit it out.

He said maintaining a balanced diet is not only important for your overall health but also your dental health. Limit your consumption of sugary and acidic foods as they can contribute to tooth decay and erosion. Opt for a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins to promote healthy teeth and gums.

He also made me know that certain habits can be detrimental to dental health. He said avoid smoking and tobacco use(even though I don't smoke, but I think I need to say it for those that do), as they can lead to tooth discoloration, gum disease, and oral cancer. Limit your intake of beverages like coffee, tea, and dark sodas that can stain teeth. Excessive consumption of alcohol can also negatively impact your oral health.

He said the fact that I came to Access Dental Clinic PDDC Abeokuta today, should not be the end, that there's a need to regularly visit the dentist at least twice a year for professional check-ups and cleanings. Regular dental exams can detect and prevent dental issues at an early stage.

Choose dental care products that are approved by dental professionals. he said such as the ones they have in Access Dental Clinic Pddc Abeokuta,

Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or sooner if the bristles become frayed. Store your toothbrush in an upright position and allow it to air dry between uses to prevent bacterial growth. Do not share toothbrushes with others.

I can go on and on to talk about what he told me, but I think it's okay here for today. Maybe you can also visit https://accessdentalpddc.com Abeokuta to book a free consultation with them while they also help you to check your teeth.
Meanwhile, don't forget that healthy living starts from the care of teeth.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Stretch Mark / Let's Recognize The Struggles Faced By Autistic Individuals / How To Stop Fidgeting | Causes Of Fidgeting And Ways To Prevent Or Control Fidge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.