Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? (19709 Views)

NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline / Which Type Of Android Phone Can I Get On A 15K Budget / What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28
CluelessMODS:
Yes I live in Texas.
Sir? You're most likely over 10-20 years older than me.

BTW, Mind if I...

...plead for a little Naira
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by ifinger: 1:13pm On Mar 28
[quote author=immortalcrown post=129148438]You are mixing things up here. No bank configures its system to automatically reverse a received payment.[/quote

Have u tried withdrawing from a pos and it shows declined but when u tried a another pos it went through? Some point of sale may not be compatible with some bank system if that is the case transaction may be rejected even if it initially seem it went through
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by immortalcrown(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28
ifinger:
Have u tried withdrawing from a pos and it shows declined but when u tried a another pos it went through? Some point of sale may not be compatible with some bank system if that is the case transaction may be rejected even if it initially seem it went through
How does this scenario relate to the post?
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by CluelessMODS: 1:18pm On Mar 28
NPFLADMIN:

Sir? You're most likely over 10-20 years older than me.

BTW, Mind if I...

...plead for a little Naira
Lmao πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ how will you just conclude about my age?..🀣🀣 Are you sure you need Naira abi you be 419? πŸ˜‚ Ok send me mail; teeteeolatee@aol.com we take it up from there.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by CluelessMODS: 1:19pm On Mar 28
Anunakeeh:

Unfortunately i don't entertain Stupid Clueless Dunce.
Hahaha ok Mr mediocre πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28
CluelessMODS:

Lmao how will you just conclude about my age?.. Are you sure you need Naira abi you be 419? Ok send me mail; teeteeolatee@aol.com we take it up from there.

I'm begging ni ooooo.

Email sent.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by astonished: 1:42pm On Mar 28
The supplier bank must be Access bank.

Honestly, I still find it hard to believe you will enter bank this 2024 and they are telling you network is not available and you need to leaves
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Jfwesh1: 2:07pm On Mar 28
Which of the abroad first? Ghana/Cameroon or Europe and America? All na abroad na.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by CluelessMODS: 2:14pm On Mar 28
NPFLADMIN:

I'm begging ni ooooo.

Email sent.
Ok I will check and get back to you.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by steeltrust: 2:22pm On Mar 28
The E-financial system in Nigeria is stronger than that of America

If you want to do fast tranfer it has to be Zelle, cashapp or any other inter money wallet

Bank to bank transactions takes up to three days before you get it your bank but for transactions to bounce back after debiting is unlikely

Once transfer go e don go be that
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Drbarmes(m): 2:48pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
Did the credited account get debited when the reversal happened? Answer this question.
It was not debited.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Treasure17(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28
wallarwallar:

Why u dey lie like dis jst to chase clouth. Not possible at all 2nd day money con commot 4 ur account go back to d sender jst like dat u think say na mumu full nairaland abi
Stop being unreasonable please. Don't have time your inanities.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Emyogalanya: 4:46pm On Mar 28
detopea1:

If this story of yours is not fiction, then it was the younger brother that made a report to the bank for reversal.
No fiction here. Let me explain:
Stingy brother sent 1k to his Lazy brother the brother was expectioi 1m. He calls his brother : oh boy i sent you 1k
his brother : 1k for what? So i should faint and worship you that you sent 1k
big bro: at least be thankfull for what i sent
junior brother: me thank you for 1k ? I won't do it.
the bank Eavsdropping from their office : presses Reverse button
big bro: Ntorrr. Thank god my money is back comes to nairaland to share his testimony
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Benwems(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28
No, it's not like that here in EU.

1 Like

Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by franugo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
He checked and confirmed? How? On your phone or on his own phone?

The transaction will not automatically reverse if he confirmed it on his own phone. If the confirmation was on your own phone, the money could automatically bounce back based on atomicity principles.

If you ever get an automatic reversal (credit alert) for your successful payment (that is if the recipient's account has been credited with the money you sent), the automatic reversal you get will not debit the recipient's account. The bank is the one losing the money you got in the reversal. And in this case, the bank may later debit you to recover the money.

This cannot happen automatically. Someone initiated the reversal. Your claim is like saying a delivered mail automatically reversed. It is even a crime against the recipient. You can sue the bank.

It happens more often than you know. I have witnessed it several times
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by jojothaiv(m): 7:45pm On Mar 28
NPFLADMIN:
Nigerians in diaspora.

Over to you!
Can those in faraway Lome reply or should we mind our businesses too?
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by NPFLADMIN(m): 8:21pm On Mar 28
jojothaiv:
Can those in faraway Lome reply or should we mind our businesses too?
Feel free
Abroad in this case na anywhere aside 9ja.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by rezzy: 9:01pm On Mar 28
immortalcrown:
He checked and confirmed? How? On your phone or on his own phone?

This cannot happen automatically. Someone initiated the reversal. Your claim is like saying a delivered mail automatically reversed. It is even a crime against the recipient. You can sue the bank.

During that MMM time, I called the person I was to pay to bear with me cos the money was bouncing back, instead, he acknowledged receipt of the money.

I checked my balance and the money was still there., na so I used the money to pay another person o

Days later, I got a credit alert of 2k,and they instantly debited me and my balance was - 32k.

Na so I dump the account number till today
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by immortalcrown(m): 9:05pm On Mar 28
rezzy:

During that MMM time, I called the person I was to pay to bear with me cos the money was bouncing back, instead, he acknowledged receipt of the money.

I checked my balance and the money was still there., na so I used the money to pay another person o

Days later, I got a credit alert of 2k,and they instantly debited me and my balance was - 32k.

Na so I dump the account number till today
He got the money you sent. The credit you got as a reversal came from the bank, meaning the bank mistakenly gave you money. That's what happened.

1 Like

Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by Juniorangel(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28
My brother in Europe sent me #110k I got the alert after like 20mins I received another alert for #110k again, I checked my balance it was #220k, I called back my brother and asked him how much he sent and he said it was only #110 and I asked him if he was still there that he sent the money and he said no that he was home already,, that was how I waited for my bank to call me for refund for over 6 months there was no call nothing even up till today, na so me carry money go flex. So I think people in abroad do also have failed transactions.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by femi4: 7:15am On Mar 29
NPFLADMIN:
Nigerians in diaspora.

Over to you!
No such thing.
It delivers 24/7
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by NPFLADMIN(m): 7:41am On Mar 29
femi4:
No such thing. It delivers 24/7
Sarcasm?
Surely there must have been glitches.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by ifinger: 10:42am On Mar 29
immortalcrown:
How does this scenario relate to the post?

Very good question ⁉️⁉️ await your urgent response πŸ˜‚
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by khreus(m): 8:51am On Mar 30
philipobiz:

Na becos eh never happen to you. When eh happen you go know say na Naija you dey. I have experienced it

Leave sentiment sir, it cannot happen.
Re: Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? by philipobiz: 7:52pm On Apr 01
khreus:

Leave sentiment sir, it cannot happen.

My experience;

This situation is rear but it happens. A client sent money to me through his bank app and he got a debit. I opened my bank app and saw the credit. About an hour I was checking my bank app for another transaction and noticed the amount was reversed. Thank God it was someone I know. I called him, he checked his app and noticed the money came back to him. Je then sent it again.

Someone I know had complained about this anomaly before, I was wondering how can that be, until it happened to me.

Guys pray this does not happen to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Can Now Port To Mtn From Glo,etimumu,or Airtel--see The How / Pictures From Oraimo Spacepods Moonlight Edition Launch Event In Lagos / Mobdro App(stream Live Matches)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.