Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" (25373 Views)

Clement Ikolo: Army Releases Monarch Declared Wanted Over Okuama Killings / Police Hand Over Delta King, Ikolo To Military / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Gistmedia10: 8:49pm On Mar 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR34ASdlPPY

The traditional ruler of Ewu community in Ughelli South local government area of Delta state has vehemently denied any involvement in the recent tragic deaths of soldiers in Okuama community. Declared wanted by the Nigerian army in connection with the killings, the monarch, speaking exclusively to Galaxy TV, expressed shock and disbelief at finding his name on the list of wanted persons.

Describing the killings as a "heinous crime" that goes against his very character and religious beliefs, the monarch emphasized his innocence in the matter. He revealed that he has been unable to access his kingdom, adding another layer of surprise to being declared wanted. He stated that the Delta state government is well aware of his current situation.

"I have no hand in the killing," the monarch declared, urging the Nigerian army to delve deeper into the investigation to uncover the true perpetrators behind this tragic incident.

Okuama Killing: Wanted Delta monarch surrenders self to security agents

The traditional ruler of Ewu Kingdom in Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State, HRM Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe, has surrendered himself to the Police.

The monarch was declared wanted following the killing of 17 soldiers in the Okuama community.

He was declared wanted along side the President-General of Ewu, Prof Ekpekpo Arthur, and six others by the Defence Headquarters of the Nigerian Army.

Meanwhile, it was learned that the monarch held a press conference before submitting himself to the Police.

My story – Monarch
According to a statement by the traditional ruler at the briefing, “I am very surprised that my name as the monarch of the kingdom will appear in the list of wanted persons.

“I have no hand in the killings, I have no hand in encouraging anybody to kill anybody. It is against my philosophy as a human being and my faith as a Catholic.

“It is a serious crime against humanity. They need to look at the appropriate places and do thorough investigation to know all those who committed this, bring them to book and let justice prevail.

“I am not a party to this. And like I have said earlier, the state government is aware of the turbulence I have been going through.

“And as I speak, an arrangement was made by the government to invite the opponents recently just before these happenings.

“(The arrangement was) To invite those who are fighting me in the kingdom to reconcile the differences and allow me to go into the kingdom and start to rule as the monarch of the place.

“I have not been able to set up anything. Not even my traditional council. I have done nothing in the kingdom.

“So I barely know anything right now. I have no information, I know nothing. I’m only just in the process of setting up a structure to enable me rule in the kingdom,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/okuama-killing-wanted-delta-king-surrenders-self-to-security-agents/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by edife: 8:51pm On Mar 28
This is were juju is very important

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by aguluobi: 8:54pm On Mar 28
You are not able to access your village
Who pursue you away from the village initially.

Did the dead soldiers pursue you or the new soldiers drafted to the community.

Lawyers in the house does this video not incriminate this guy if he is cross examined

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by hslbroker2(m): 8:55pm On Mar 28
edife:
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SadiqBabaSani: 8:57pm On Mar 28
Government has taken real power away from the traditional rulers

38 Likes

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by FaceTanke: 8:57pm On Mar 28
He no get name?

Abi Delta monarch na name?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Richtaiwo: 9:21pm On Mar 28
Govt knows you have no hands in the killings and never said or insinuated so. But the very fact that the killings occurred in your kingdom is what makes you culpable and that is one of the responsibilities you must bear as a leader. Getting you involved or linked to the killings is an acceptable step in smoking out the murderers as your assistance in that regard is invaluable. Now the most honourable action expected from you is to submit yourself to the authority before they track you down by themselves.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Virtue3(m): 9:33pm On Mar 28
I hope they are fished out, as many as they are

1 Like

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by chiagozien(m): 9:47pm On Mar 28
We know Nigeria army always go after innocent people to cover their cowardice .

If they are gallant how many criminals attacked them that 17 soldiers couldn't fight back.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by naija4life247: 9:54pm On Mar 28
edife:

Any traditional ruler that is afraid of guns should be stripped of the position. Na so some idiots from my side here who call themselves traditional rulers we're killed by bandits some weeks back. Shey those ones na traditional rulers or traditional idiots?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SisterAnn(f): 9:58pm On Mar 28
chiagozien:

If they are gallant how many criminals attacked them that 17 soldiers couldn't fight back.
In one of the narratives flying around, they said they demobilized the soldiers first with juju that jammed their rifles.

This man should go and submit himself willingly to clear his name. He may suffer in the hands of the babaric Nigerian army o, but submitting himself is the only best option left for him.

6 Likes

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SisterAnn(f): 9:59pm On Mar 28
naija4life247:

Any traditional ruler that is afraid of guns should be stripped of the position. Na so some idiots from my side here who call themselves traditional rulers we're killed by bandits some weeks back. Shey those ones na traditional rulers or traditional idiots?
You call your traditional rulers idiots, don't come here tomorrow wailing when others follow in your footsteps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SisterAnn(f): 10:01pm On Mar 28
Virtue3:
I hope they are fished out, as many as they are
I can bet you that none of the participants in that dastardly act would be caught. The army would just grandstand and kill innocent people to satisfy their egos.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by christejames(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28
Turn yourself in to be investigated na undecided

Oops shocked, I forgot... Na Nigeria 🇳🇬 we dey, investigation is how they want it here.
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SalamRushdie: 10:24pm On Mar 28
Richtaiwo:
Govt knows you have no hands in the killings and never said or insinuated so. But the very fact that the killings occurred in your kingdom is what makes you culpable and that is one of the responsibilities you must bear as a leader. Getting you involved or linked to the killings is an acceptable step in smoking out the murderers as your assistance in that regard is invaluable. Now the most honourable action expected from you is to submit yourself to the authority before they track you down by themselves.

When 36 special force were killed in Shiriro, was the Emir of Shiriro declared wanted ?

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Mercury12(m): 11:13pm On Mar 28
Confession time!

Blessing.....

Sorry

Releasing time!

😂
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by drtwist(m): 1:03am On Mar 29
aguluobi:

Lawyers in the house does this video not incriminate this guy if he is cross examined
You won't understand what he met ! The state government forced him on us with military power on the day of coronation last year.
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SS777(m): 1:09am On Mar 29
Mercury12:
Same way ojukwu ran his mouth and went a war that he couldn't win. It is in you ipobbs people DNA like peak milk. Your bigoted views and hate for Nigeria clouds your judgements.
Go fight for your Biafra. Peter Obi already lost the last election. But alas y'all are confused and don't know what to fight for😂

Gay occultist Obi continue wasting his time he wanna be president of....
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by chiagozien(m): 1:13am On Mar 29
Mercury12:
Same way ojukwu ran his mouth and went a war that he couldn't win. It is in you ipobbs people DNA like peak milk. Your bigoted views and hate for Nigeria clouds your judgements.
Go fight for your Biafra. Peter Obi already lost the last election. But alas y'all are confused and don't know what to fight for😂
Ranting of a co,ward grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Alexis11: 1:19am On Mar 29
SalamRushdie:

When 36 special force were killed in Shiriro, was the Emir of Shiriro declared wanted ?

Useless question as usual.

If your deadbeat father is one of those soldiers body for tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by KingLennon(m): 5:28am On Mar 29
chiagozien:

Thank you my broda. Na for innocent people head dem dey always gallant sad

1 Like

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by SalamRushdie: 9:14am On Mar 29
Alexis11:

Useless question as usual.

If your deadbeat father is one of those soldiers body for tell you.

Unfortunately for you my dad is one of the most decorated Army officer Nigeria has had , a former MILAD , former GOC ...Not everyone was birthed by a lowlife under achiever like your useless father

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Killerofpigs: 9:21am On Mar 29
They are traditional idiots from the SW. Who are busy shouting RONU and MANDATE while their SON encouraged FULANI to kill them senselessly in their own Kingdom.

Now they are DEAD and till today the Herdsmen that killed them are roaming free.

Useless COWARDs grin

naija4life247:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Alexis11: 12:23pm On Mar 29
SalamRushdie:

Unfortunately for you my dad is one of the most decorated Army officer Nigeria has had , a former MILAD , former GOC ...Not everyone was birthed by a lowlife under achiever like your useless father

Send your message I quoted earlier to that nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by phemmie06(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29
Let him go to the nearest military base to write statements and return into his shell
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by YesDaddyTill203: 12:54pm On Mar 29
“I have no hand in the killings, I have no hand in encouraging anybody to kill anybody. It is against my philosophy as a human being and my faith as a Catholic.

This one is more Catholic than the Pope.
Fake over sabi religious people over the land. What has been a Catholic got to do with what you are wanted for? So Catholics no they kill people all over the world on a daily basis? South Americans are almost 90+ percent Catholics and na there more killings they happen on daily basis more than anywhere on Earth outside of war zones.

Rubbish trash. Lock his ass up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by LegendHero(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29
Good. I like what the monarch did.

No need running around if you are very sure you’re not guilty.

1 Like

Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Mikelarteta(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29
Except for 2 people with hardened face, on this list, all the other people looks innocent jare. They should use this seal to also go after bandits in the north that are well known and live among the people, creating another type of government.
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by Ten06(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29
aguluobi:

It is either you did not listen to his speech or you just want to believe what you like to.
Re: Clement Ikolo Oghenerukevwe: "I Have No Hand In The Killing Of Soldiers" by bigdammyj: 12:57pm On Mar 29
Noted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret / Defections Fallout: Tough Times For Saraki, Dogara, Others / NNPC MD, Baru At A Filling Station In Abuja To Monitor Scarcity Level (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.