Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? (9216 Views)

Picture Of Mum Breastfeeding Baby At A Wedding Breaks The Internet / Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. / 200,000naira Wedding Budget By Keppy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? by ssjalo(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
IT DEPEND IN OUR CULTURE, BUT IF THEIR IS UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN A COUPLE LET THEM SHARE IT OR CONTRIBUTE TO SUCCESS OF THE OCCASION, I THINK IS BETTER AND IT'S GOOD.
Re: Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? by qualified(f): 12:14pm On Nov 24, 2011
no matter what u guys think on Nairaland, the truth is Most things depend on culture.

and for those of you waiting for a woman to give u money to marry her, sorry u are just been fake (if u are Igbo). i am not sure of other places.

yes, where i come from (igboland), its the groom and his family. if the bride and her family is richer and wants an elaborate wedding because of the dignitaries they will invite, a decent couple who still wants to keep respect in the home after the wedding, will not flaunt it to the whole world, that the in-laws are actually 'buying' him or paying his 'groom-price'
Re: Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? by chegson: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
There shouldn’t be any conflict as regards whose duty it is to finance a wedding because there are no hard and fast rules in respect of the issue. The two families should not go beyond their limits, but base their budgets on whatever they have saved already for the marriage.

The important thing for both families to know is that wedding day marks the beginning of a journey of two people that have agreed to live together, and do things together, for the rest of their lives.
Both families should handle the issue in a way that it would not lead to conflicts or misunderstanding because, this might tell on the happy relationship needed for the building of the foundation of the new home of the intending couple.

Although, in my own part of the country, it is the duty of the Bride’s parents to provide for the reception, but entertainment budget are shared among the two families in relation to the number of invited guests.
The side with larger guests is expected to contribute more.

Both families should put into consideration that it is not good to impress their guests on the wedding day, only to start dogging, or running away from creditors after the event. It is therefore advisable for both sides to cut their coats according to size so that the couple can have a joyous married live.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? by Fredricklegend(m): 1:11am On Jul 05, 2022
atreal:
slam on point. I believe she's been expecting that bro to come and pay her off . Pls sister, erase that mentality, and instead work together with your future guy to make stuff happen

Yes you are right every women should be able to work things out with our men to make things happen,we both must work hard to have the best for ourselves,for me i can never leave my guy and his family all alone to face all the bills of the wedding no matter how boyant he is we both must do it together,infact i believe its my day we are celebrating and i must make sure everything go the way it should because its once in my lifetime.

In yoruba the family of the bride should take everything about the traditional stuff excluding the brideprice and other stuffs which the grooms family must take care of,infact both family needs to do it together and it depends on how happy and how glamourous the both families want the wedding to be and everything depends on their pockets.

I like your point
Re: Who Should Take The Greater Share Of A Wedding Budget? by lawrencewalton9: 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
Whether you're looking for a date, looking for love or just looking for fun, la date can help you find what you're looking for. They offer great services and a lot of fun features. The site's customer support is also available around the clock.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? / If This Is How Women Smell I Don't Think I Can Live In Same Room. / I Want To Quit This Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.