Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion (16006 Views)

FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With N90bn / Sanwo-olu Reverts Transportation Fares On All Regulated Buses To 100% / NSCDC Arrests Four Suspects With 90,000 Litres Of Adulterated Fuel In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Procashtips(m): 11:21am On Mar 30
Of what benefit is this to Nigeria?

What a wasteful Nation.

2 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by obaidan: 11:21am On Mar 30
From the days of old, Jerusalem and Mecca steady robbing Nigeria of sense.
The country won't subsidize small and medium businesses. This particular problem isn't about Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by 77up(m): 11:22am On Mar 30
Tinubu is giving Obidi.ots alot of gbagbos.
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Christlike01: 11:22am On Mar 30
President Tinubu should find a way to tackle this misplaced priority which does not in any way add any value to national development. Religion is a personal thing,why on earth should government be spending billions of Naira on it year in,year out?! This nonsense has to stop! Anyone who wants to help Saudi Arabia's economy or Israeli's in the name of Hajj or pilgrimage,should do so strictly from their own pockets.

Nigeria's economy can no longer support this "radarada" stuff, it's rubbish and must stop!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by MT: 11:27am On Mar 30
treesun:

https://dailytrust.com/exclusive-fg-subsidises-hajj-fares-with-n90bn/

I am a staunch supporter of Tinubu but I wont agree with this.

If there has to be a surgcal changes, we need to do away with government subsidising Hajj or Jerusalem.

Nigeria is a secular state according to the constitution.

All the pains endure by the majority of Nigerians are being wasted on Hajj which has added zero value to Nigeria.

Subsidy needs to be removed in any form of pilgrimage.

I sing his praise when he does well and give him knock when he performs low. I know this is a veiled attempt to court the support of the Northerners.

I do not support this.

4 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Felabrity: 11:28am On Mar 30
Bunch of criminals

Yarimo you no go see your people

Na peter obi be your problem

3 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:29am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

If you see nothing wrong in Peter Obi attempting to bribe Northerners with borehole and food, why are you crying over Federal Government’s decision to subsidize hajj payment for Muslims? What’s wrong with two can play the game?

While Peter Obi is building boreholes and donating food to the north through his personal pocket, the Federal government is subsidizing hajj through our national purse. If you still can't see the difference then you are a f**l

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by blackmantis: 11:30am On Mar 30
Can N10,000 youths be given N2M to start or expand their business.
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Greenfusion: 11:30am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

If you see nothing wrong in Peter Obi attempting to bribe Northerners with borehole and food, why are you crying over Federal Government’s decision to subsidize hajj payment for Muslims? What’s wrong with two can play the game?
una funny sha, did Obi do the things he do with public money?

Someone is using about 90billion of public money for personal gain you are here comparing......na wa, money that can take care of all the almajiri kids in the north.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Basicend: 11:32am On Mar 30
NorthernAgender:
I'm a Muslim I condemn this act in every way. Why Nigerians should be spending money on religion going Hajj shouldn't be a must.

Because it is dem dem that will do the pilgrimage travels.

Most average Nigerians are busy now looking for food.

So they create those policies to suit themselves.

4 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by SMARTMOTORS(m): 11:32am On Mar 30
To be called a Nigerian dey Shame me!

1 Like

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Offpoint1: 11:34am On Mar 30
helinues:
Wasting of tax payers money.

The politicians should stop wasting our common wealth on religion, on daily basis, one church or mosque are being erected in Nigeria yet the rate of crime is increasing, abeg who exactly have they been preaching to?

Saudi women are now allowed to join beauty pageant while the Nigeria religious people are still beclouded
Call the politician name and stop beating around the bush

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Angelfrost(m): 11:34am On Mar 30
Tomorrow una go talk say Naija na poor country...!

A poor country that has Billions to expend on frivolities.

Money that should have been channeled towards the welfare of workers and citizens in this period of Hyperinflation.

4 Likes

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by sukkot: 11:36am On Mar 30
And do they subsidize Christian activities? These babariga wearing kolanut chewing suya eating locos are feeding fat off our collective wealth. I guess this a Muslim country
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Mandate1: 11:37am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

borehole and food are basic necessities of life, what is hajj to an average Nigerian?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Versal: 11:38am On Mar 30
Southern Nigeria! it is ONLY Russia that
can save you.

Nothing can save you from the hopelessness and
stupidity of Nigeria.

Prayers cant,
No one can.
Its only force that can liberate Nigeria from the grips of UK

And that Force is Russia.
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Cmanforall: 11:39am On Mar 30
treesun:

These are areas that need to be controlled

Government should reconsider sponsoring these trips irrespective of the religious group
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Mandate1: 11:43am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

I don’t give a fvck where the money is coming from. The intention is my concern and that is what I addressed. They both have the same intention and it’s quite hypocritical to condemn one and support the other.

If Obi is president and has access to public resources, he will do even worse than Tinubu to get voters patronage so stop crying because Tinubu is beating Obi gbajue to his game.

Northerners want a subsidized hajj and Mr. President has give them. They are Nigerians and they deserve whatever makes them happy. If you like cry from now till 2027, it won’t change anything.
so what has govt given to you to make you happy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by israelmao(m): 11:44am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

Even though it seems to you that Obi is "bribing" northerners with some essential needs does he use public funds in doing that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by OriOko88(m): 11:44am On Mar 30
Awon werey
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Showguyz: 11:44am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

I don’t give a fvck where the money is coming from. The intention is my concern and that is what I addressed. They both have the same intention and it’s quite hypocritical to condemn one and support the other.

If Obi is president and has access to public resources, he will do even worse than Tinubu to get voters patronage so stop crying because Tinubu is beating Obi gbajue to his game.

Northerners want a subsidized hajj and Mr. President has give them. They are Nigerians and they deserve whatever makes them happy. If you like cry from now till 2027, it won’t change anything.
They should also subsidise Christmas and Easter so we can go to Jerusalem... No just dey carry talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Needlemover: 11:45am On Mar 30
treesun:

They can subsidise Hajj fares for Muslims but not fuel, transportation or food prices. This is what the Muslim- Muslim ticket was and is still all about: Spreading terror and hunger while appeasing a few.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Innobee99(m): 11:48am On Mar 30
The most clueless decision in the history of APC

1 Like

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Everest9(m): 11:48am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

Do you even listen or read what you are typing?

Peter Obi can use his personal money to do as he please and not Public money. The money they are spending doesn't belong to them but to the people, that's the difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by GreatrAnalyst: 11:49am On Mar 30
okeyley:
so Nigeria dey subsidize religion and not education.

that 90 billion fit commot all almajiri from the streets of Nigeria and give them quality education and health care.

Besides mainly the rich goes on pilgrimage.

so sad

Wait for their online miscreants to come for their defense.
Like some people often say that Nigeria is not poor, but has spending problems.
How does this better the lot of a people who larger population are under the poverty line? 90 whooping billion in a single year on what does not make life better.
Anyone who needs to visit Holy land as a priority is above average, and should be able to handle the expenses.
Sentiments and religious blindness are part of the undoing of this country

1 Like

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Bluntemperor: 11:51am On Mar 30
Chinjo2:
What is the essence of subsidizing religious activities that is suppose to be personal. Why not subsidize the productive and manufacturing sector or subsidize electricity and gas

President Tinubu - this is not good enough,by wasting the Nigerian Money just to satisfy the traveling of Muslim to Saudi or Christian to Jerusalem- it's all but your Govt is yet to Pay the Workers and the Retirees any Palliatives,but why are you doing all this with Politics?
It's unfair for you to Open borders in the North - Niger specifically, while the Southern borders are suffering,yet another ways of playing politics!
As at today, Nigerians don't have Savings,since the Subsidies is removed nor can they afford goodfood( balance diets),yet - but how much have been made in Subsidiaries Removals is yet to be publicly known- we don't know?
-No functional Refineries,all we hear from your aides is We should wait!
•- Senators and other National Assembly Members are not waiting,but Workers, Youths, Retirees ( who have worked there lives all the years and who are feeling the Inflation ),are asked to wait,it all Politics above the People !

1 Like

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by emmamajesty: 11:51am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

As a good citizen of Nigeria Would u prefer government to waste 90billion on Hajj why the majority of it citizens are suffering or are u now saying that what Obi donated to the poor masses in the northern part is wrong even though is political. Brother try to be sincere to urself sometime everything is not politics and if u wan play politics pls do it for the benefit of the people not for selfish interest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by ambale(m): 11:51am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

What exactly are you saying sef?

Borehole na for poor people cos a rich man don't need your Borehole

Why pilgrimage na for rich man, or do you think a poor person can cough out 6m for Hajj?

You don see the difference?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by YesDaddyTill203: 11:53am On Mar 30
The Government should stay out of religious jamboree. The fed and state govt should not be spending public money on any religious entity.
The Governors in the SE are always in the habit of giving money and building churches just for the sake of getting votes. Governors in the North are also guilty of this same crime. Only the SW seems to be a bit cautious of this rubbish.
If you can't afford to visit Jerusalem or Mecca, then sit your ass at home. It's that simple.
No govt should be in the business of promoting any religion.
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by tamdun: 11:56am On Mar 30
It's fake,nairaland won't even do any research before bringing this news to front page
Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by Showguyz: 11:56am On Mar 30
seunmsg:

The money comes from South - South
Why don't they also subside Christian activities?
Abi Christian no dey go Jerusalem or bethlehem?
Guy take time o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Subsidises Hajj Fares With ₦90 Billion by ruffhandu: 12:03pm On Mar 30
seunmsg:

See your reasoning, comparing religion and development. Why didn't the president spend that money on thousands of boreholes in the North? Come on, we should have passed this stage. Religion is supposed to be a private affair, not the governments. The government only need to keep the people safe to practice whatever religion they wish to. Kai, nigerians are still miles behind.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Daughter Of Buhari Married To Christian Man. / 5 Workers Arrested By JTF Over Pipeline Bombing Released / Hate Speeches Breeding Ground For Genocide – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.