Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act (255 Views)

Why Are Some Married Women So Selfish And Wicked? / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement / Is Marriage Only For Procreation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by SarcasticWords: 1:24pm On Mar 29
nlfpmod
Seun
Mynd44

This thread is a response to a comment in a thread created by the user Bullfallo.
https://www.nairaland.com/8043812/regret-not-having-children

The comment I am responding to is this👇:

Mr CoronaVirusPro,
Do not for a second think your decision to have children is a smart, noble or morally objective one. To you and every other person reading this who has the desire to have children, know this: the act of procreation is not only selfish but wicked as well. Yes, you read that correctly. It is wicked and selfish for many reasons, but here are a few of them:

1. INJUSTICE AND INEQUALITY

a drone view showing the obvious gap between the rich and the poor.

You live in a world riddled with never-ending injustice and inequality. You battle constantly with unforeseen disadvantaged circumstances that occur at random, whether due to socioeconomic status, race, or geographic location. Some of these circumstances limit opportunities and encourage the cycle of poverty. When you bring a child into this world, you risk subjecting that child to a lifetime of unforeseen hardship, injustice and inequality.

Your decision to take that risk is selfish and wicked.

2. DIVISION AND CONFLICT

The world is rife with conflicts, both domestic and international, fuelled by political, ideological, and socioeconomic tensions. Bringing a child into such a volatile environment not only exposes them to the risk of harm but also encourages a cycle of violence and division.
Take Nigeria, for example. Right now, every tribe in this Godforsaken nation is crying in unity about hardship, and we all know whose fault it is. But the moment it is election season, whose fault is it?

If you, a nigerian, decide to bring a child into this violent world and divided nation, you are selfish and wicked because you risk causing your child to not only become desensitized to tribal violence but to become a tribalist in a nation where 56% of its citizens feel all tribes are not equal.

3. DISEASES AND ILLNESS

Despite advancements in healthcare, the world continues to grapple with infectious diseases, chronic illnesses, and public health crises. To make things worse, our world is filled with mad scientists funded by billionaires, who tinker with the genes of deadly pathogens to make them 10Ă— more deadly and contagious.

Do I need to tell you? Okay, let me tell you. If you decide to bring children into this world, you are selfish and wicked, because you knowingly expose them to the risks of strange (sometimes man-made) illnesses that cause suffering and death. Like an icing on the cake, you will end up giving them deadly drugs and vaccines whose production was funded by the very persons, who funded the gain of function of the deadly pathogen in the first place.

Ironic, isn't it? No, what's more ironic is your strange moniker.

4. SLAVERY SIN AND DEATH
Is it not strange that you, a sentient being with wonderful abilities, are nothing but a slave to an inanimate man-made object that cannot think or talk?

The well-being of your life, your happiness, your value as a human in society is dependent on whether or not you have the above object. From the day you are born to the day you will die, you are nothing but a slave to it. As if making you its b*tch is not enough, acts of violence, inequality, illicit lust, betrayal, greed, theft, bribery, corruption, injustice, murder and intimidation are few of the vices the love for the above object has created, thereby increasing the rate of mortality for you it's slave.

But this won't stop you from bringing children into this world because you don't care if they'll become a slave like you, toiling under the sun, sinning against their fellow man just to have an inanimate object that will make them feel and be treated like a normal human being.

You don't care if they slave, sin and at the end of the day die because all you care about is to brag on social media that your wife has given birth and the unsure but still relaxing thought that someone will take care of you when you get old. Whatever happens to your child when you're gone is his/her business.
You are selfish and wicked.

"Again I looked and saw all the oppression that was taking place under the sun: I saw the tears of the oppressed— and they have no comforter; power was on the side of their oppressors— and they have no comforter. And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 4:1-3, NIV)
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by Dollywood(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29
Damn. That was one heck of an epistle, man.
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by Jman06(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29
Honestly, having a child in Nigeria is one thing I dread sometimes. I'll try my best to birth them in a country where they stand higher chances of having a good life.

I don't plan to birth many, just maximum of 3 and I'll work very hard to help them overcome the menace of poverty. As for the dangers of war, diseases and discrimination, I believe that birthing them in a sane western environment would help them to overcome those ones to a large extent.

Nigeria is obviously the evil capital of the world where selfishness has turned everybody to heartless devils who derive pleasure in seeing their supposed countrymen in anguish. Too bad!
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by Emmanuel30a2: 9:07am On Mar 30
It is a sinful act... Procreation is a sinful act...,but sinful is now becoming fruitful... What fruitful there is in sinful?
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by DoWhatThouWilt: 2:01pm On Apr 01
Facts.
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by nans24: 2:11pm On Apr 01
A South African philosopher made similar points in his book, better never to have been born. As the world gets harder and harder more people will become antinatalist.

nlfpmod
Re: Opinion: Procreation Is A Selfish And Wicked Act by akaahs(m): 11:41am On Apr 02
As long as there is a higher being and has ask animals to procreate their similar kinds, humans ll continue to give birth to their kinds and there is nothing u ll do about it. The world has already been program beyond ur opinion and it doesn't matter.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of Interlocking Stone In Nigeria / The Best Of Interlocking Stone In Nigeria / As A Worker You Have To Go Through This Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.