Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen (8947 Views)

AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? / Frank Lampard, Expected To Stay As Interim Coach Until The End Of The Season / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by henrimoto(m): 3:09pm On Mar 29
dawnomike:
Wise decision!!!
.. I'm telling you. Over best decision sef. Weldone xabi Alonso.

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Angelfrost(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29
Freshtruth:
Pride they say is a killer he might never have another opportunity than this again or maybe his waiting for d Madrid job if that is d case is a big mistake because of impatient Perez I believe Liverpool will suit him most even though he would be hard to say no to bayern

Trust me, he isn't truly ready for the elite positions... The massive pressure, demands, and impatience of their owners and fans will destroy his fledgling career.

The main reason he has thrived and is now doing wonders at Bayer is that they placed little pressure on him, allowed him the room to tinker, and imposed his philosophy on his choice of players, all the while giving him ample time to grow the team.

No top club will give him more than half a season to produce massive results. Not Madrid, Bayern, Liverpool, Man United, or even PSG! NONE!!!

Staying for at least one more season at his current club will enable him to consolidate and entrench his experience and coaching worth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Usmanovic95(m): 3:10pm On Mar 29
Vinnie2000:
Bayern's Devilish style of Stealing their rival's players and coaches. undecided

Once a Player or Coach is Having Success in Germany, they will Distract him and use Media BULLYING tactics to Force the Player to join them. sad

*Michael Ballack of Leverkusen
*David Pizarro of Werder Bremen.
*Lewandowski of Dortmund
*Goetze of Dortmund. sad

They Tried this with Haaland but FAILED. 😕

That's a life lesson, sometimes the best way to strengthen yourself is by weakening your rivals/enemy. Bayern actually understand this tactics.

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by FireUpNow(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29
Wise decision.
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by youngelder(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29
Freshtruth:
Pride they say is a killer he might never have another opportunity than this again or maybe his waiting for d Madrid job if that is d case is a big mistake because of impatient Perez I believe Liverpool will suit him most even though he would be hard to say no to bayern
Try use punctuations
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Angelfrost(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29
YoungLionken:
Leverkusen would be best for him because he's not that good as a coach for Liverpool FC or Bayern Munich, or else he would flop and it will tell on the any of the teams..

Xabi Alonso of yesteryears, his shot power and accuracy ehn cool. How time flies...

Curiously... Who would you recommend to replace the current coaches in Madrid, Bayern, and Liverpool??!

...And also explain how they are far better than Xabi.
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29
Real Madrid effect
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Dollywood(m): 3:16pm On Mar 29
The pressure at these giant clubs is unreal. His decision is understandable

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by tonicyril: 3:17pm On Mar 29
YoungLionken:
Leverkusen would be best for him because he's not that good as a coach for Liverpool FC or Bayern Munich, or else he would flop and it will tell on the any of the teams..

Xabi Alonso of yesteryears, his shot power and accuracy ehn cool. How time flies...
How many of their games have u watched this season that made u conclude that he's not a good coach??

Baba stop saying this lubbsh oh

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Angelfrost(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29
Truvelisback:
Klopp, pls come to Man united.

Lol... Klopp can't be that stupid to downgrade his career from Liverpool to Man United, especially when there are better chances of succeeding at Barcelona, Bayern, and Real Madrid.

He even has a better chance at glory if he goes back to Dortmund.

Man United needs to strip itself of so many management and administrative issues, as well as clean up its transfer unit before harming another good coach's legacy. tongue

Y'all should stay with ETH till your club is on the right path again.

2 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Babscleaning(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29
Smart decision,make dem no pour sand sand to your garri
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by tonicyril: 3:25pm On Mar 29
BscHolder:
even this Alonso was stolen from Liverpool and Luca Toni from Fiorentina
stole??

Make una no dey talk like toddler na

So because of anything now Bayern should not buy players again..

Maybe Chelsea, mancity, united, Madrid, barca, Milan, inter, and the rest are buying their players from segunda division or serie B, or they are buying from heaven
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by okerekingsley90: 3:34pm On Mar 29
Vinnie2000:
Bayern's Devilish style of Stealing their rival's players and coaches. undecided

Once a Player or Coach is Having Success in Germany, they will Distract him and use Media BULLYING tactics to Force the Player to join them. sad

*Michael Ballack of Leverkusen
*David Pizarro of Werder Bremen.
*Lewandowski of Dortmund
*Goetze of Dortmund. sad

They Tried this with Haaland but FAILED. 😕

They tossed Hummels career up and down

3 Likes

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by okerekingsley90: 3:36pm On Mar 29
youngelder:

Try use punctuations

grin
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by commoditiesnig: 3:39pm On Mar 29
Very wise decision Xabi Alonso

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Exceed15: 4:36pm On Mar 29
Good decision. He should with leverkusen for now
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by wealthpreach(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29
YoungLionken:
Leverkusen would be best for him because he's not that good as a coach for Liverpool FC or Bayern Munich, or else he would flop and it will tell on any of the teams..

Yeye talk. You never know who will flop or not until you hand them the job. Who would have thought Ferguson would dominate England after leaving Aberdeen? Plus, your conclusion is not based on tactics; it's based on emotions.

If you want to discuss his tactics and how it could play out at Bayern and Liverpool, I am here for it.
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by fantastic1: 6:13pm On Mar 29
YoungLionken:
Leverkusen would be best for him because he's not that good as a coach for Liverpool FC or Bayern Munich, or else he would flop and it will tell on any of the teams..

Some of you are just total rubbish. It is unbelievable how you criticize. Maybe your personal life is even a mess. How is a manager, who hasn’t lost any match this season not good as a coach?

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by VinnyBaba: 6:40pm On Mar 29
okerekingsley90:

They tossed Hummels career up and down

Bayern used the Guy's career, like they Way Bigmen children do Biscuits. cheesy
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by drsibz66(m): 7:06pm On Mar 29
They will finally sack him at leverkusen
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Coldkev17: 7:07pm On Mar 29
YoungLionken:

Lol, that's your own view. He's better than Nalgelsman who coached Bayern and Psg
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29
AntiChristian:
When will Okocha start coaching like this?

Betting is haram!
did Okocha tell u he is interested in coaching

1 Like

Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Seunfretty: 10:37pm On Mar 29
Totally right decision ...how do u coach a team and see them grow together as a unit and be a force in Germany only to leave after a year to another team ...with different culture .different mould of players...and different playing mentality ..all because of money
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by BscHolder: 12:25am On Mar 30
DystopianMuse:
You better stay at Leverkusen and learn because the pressure will not be much like that of a big clubs like Bayern. Don't get carried away by the hype.

Btw. I think Alonso is just lucky this season. It will take some seasons if he maintains the same consistency before he should be taken seriously. Remember the likes of Eddie Howe. There are lucks in football there will just be a time football god will just decides to favor you. Like the current genius of Leverkusen might be a lucky coincidence and not necessarily the tactical brilliance of Alonso
luck and he is winning all matches and remain undefeated in all competitions plus Thomas Tuchel's cluelessness??
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by BscHolder: 12:27am On Mar 30
drsibz66:
They will finally sack him at leverkusen
this one no get sense
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by TrainPark: 5:07am On Mar 30
Hos ultimate destination is Real Madrid...
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by MomohMrMoore: 6:44am On Mar 30
Yea, staying in a comfort zone. Not ready for higher challenge.. fear of the unknown
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by DystopianMuse(f): 7:57am On Mar 30
I NO GO follow you argue. Lets wait till next season when the luck runs out.
BscHolder:
luck and he is winning all matches and remain undefeated in all competitions plus Thomas Tuchel's cluelessness??
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Sportspredicto(m): 8:39am On Mar 30
HonNL:
Xabi Alonso's Bayer Leverkusen has been swashbuckling atimes this season, with 70 points, 10 points ahead of Bayern Munich having not lost a game in the Bundesliga this season with 26 games played.

Excerpts from Xabi Alonso's Press Conference....

Fabrizio Romano
prefer Leverkusen, the only team I can carry straight win and close my two eyes because it would deliver. Bayern is good but bleeps up most times. Liverpool is good too but Leverkusen is my favourite.
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by Sportspredicto(m): 8:45am On Mar 30
Dollywood:
The pressure at these giant clubs is unreal. His decision is understandable
So Leverkusen is not a giant club? People that haven't loosed any match this season!
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by AntiChristian: 9:14am On Mar 30
OGHENAOGIE:
did Okocha tell u he is interested in coaching

He should be!
Re: Alonso: Amid Bayern Munich, Liverpool Links, I'll Stay as Coach at Leverkusen by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:48am On Mar 30
AntiChristian:

He should be!
not everyone wants to be a Coach...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike / Women's Nations Cup Qualifier: Nigeria VS Ivory Coast At 4pm Today / Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.