Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya (428 Views)

I Was Manhandled At Awkuzu SARS - Chude Speaks After Release From Police Cell / Soldiers Kill Ballot Thief In Kogi (Pictures) / How Sowore Was Manhandled And Re-Arrested By The DSS (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by GistMedia0: 8:07pm On Mar 29
Nigerian entrepreneur Gideon Adepoju Olomide, CEO and founder of Zone Music, has found himself at the center of controversy after being arrested and allegedly mistreated in Kenya. The incident has sparked outrage and calls for justice as a video of his ordeal circulates widely on social media.

Olomide, who is in Kenya legally, was reportedly taken into custody by authorities who claimed they needed to check his papers. However, according to Olomide, his documents were in order, and he was compliant throughout the process. In the video, he can be heard pleading with officials while expressing his shock and dismay at the treatment he was receiving.

"Look at what they are doing to me," Olomide is heard saying in the footage. "They came to my house, said they wanted to check my papers. I showed them, and my papers are okay. They said I should come to the AU House, and I am here. They are asking for a ransom I don't have, saying I should leave the country. They claim it's the law, but I am in Kenya legally."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTLfzabhYE

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by SoNature(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29
Nobody has regards for Nigeria and Nigérians anywhere in the world. It's quite unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by Bigboytinz: 8:48pm On Mar 29
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by Feintline: 8:52pm On Mar 29
Just imagine what Nigerians go through.
In the last presidential elections, We had a golden chance to rewrite the perceived wrong history of our nation, put it on a new path and stop all these embrassment unfortunately the criminals blew it up.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by ForValour: 8:54pm On Mar 29
Get a second citizenship. Dont ask me how
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by EMMNIG: 9:03pm On Mar 29
Oyi noo ..He is a criminal
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by Dikegodspower(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29
He doesn't look like someone that is been manhandled here ooo
You sure say no be content creators be this.
I hardly believe all these rants to curry sympathy.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by ibechris(m): 9:37pm On Mar 29
When similar thing was meted to Nnamdi kanu...some people were happy.

See am,no country in Africa has respect for our citizens not even our brother from Ghana.

Irrespective of his tribe...he is a Nigerian and should be treated with respect and decorum.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by KGBKremlin: 9:45pm On Mar 29
GistMedia0:
Nigerian entrepreneur Gideon Adepoju Olomide, CEO and founder of Zone Music, has found himself at the center of controversy after being arrested and allegedly mistreated in Kenya. The incident has sparked outrage and calls for justice as a video of his ordeal circulates widely on social media.

Olomide, who is in Kenya legally, was reportedly taken into custody by authorities who claimed they needed to check his papers. However, according to Olomide, his documents were in order, and he was compliant throughout the process. In the video, he can be heard pleading with officials while expressing his shock and dismay at the treatment he was receiving.

"Look at what they are doing to me," Olomide is heard saying in the footage. "They came to my house, said they wanted to check my papers. I showed them, and my papers are okay. They said I should come to the AU House, and I am here. They are asking for a ransom I don't have, saying I should leave the country. They claim it's the law, but I am in Kenya legally."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqTLfzabhYE

Yoruba and Igbo are the problem of Nigeria outside Nigeria,it is very hard to see or hear from other Nigerians outside handling this way.

Imagine a country like Kenya, same black Africa country,, this tribes mentioned are the problem of Nigeria home and away.
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by Beremx(f): 9:50pm On Mar 29
So who's doing the recording? Eyaa pele o!

I pray nothing happens to you o! It is well
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by MrFourSHIRTS: 11:03pm On Mar 29
SoNature:
Nobody has regards for Nigeria and Nigérians anywhere in the world. It's quite unfortunate.

Becareful. You must understand he wasn't just arrested. You can see he was resisting arrest.

That's what those Nigerian fraud boys in Kenya do
Re: Nigerian Man Cries Out After Being Arrested And Manhandled Like Thief In Kenya by MrFourSHIRTS: 11:04pm On Mar 29
Beremx:
So who's doing the recording? Eyaa pele o!

I pray nothing happens to you o! It is well

It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt, prayer doesn't work. Humans have a brain for a reason

(1) (Reply)

Has Light Been Restored In Your Area? / EFCC Withdraws Case Against Yahaya Bello / How We’ll Fund N70,000 New Minimum Wage For Edo Workers, By Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.