Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria (2142 Views)

2022 Data On Largest Built-up Urban Areas ( Lagos & Onitsha Tops Again) / Tinubu’s Health: Every Individual Has His Own Percentage Of Illness – Olusi / The Percentage Of Votes That Tinubu Will Get In All Regions In 2023 Election. (2) (3) (4)

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by FourQu: 7:09pm On Mar 30
Apart from lagos, the rest of yoruba land is barren cry

What a sad pity

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by AntiMarxist: 7:09pm On Mar 30
BeninRefugees:
chai tears flowing freely! grin

You've been schooled

it's okay to cry Nna !

See this one.

I dey lol at your level of ignorance

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:10pm On Mar 30
jaymichael:
It shows how worthless, barren, desolate and totally economically unviable the South East is. Wetin we dey find go there? Land wey una still dey chop fellow human being.

Una people full here o 😂

they even have Oba of Yorubas in Anambra sef grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by ForensikOrder: 7:11pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:
SW is too poor in this area. If not because of Lagos, some places in SW would have been eye sore.

Instead of the big men to make money, and go and develop these villages (e.g Adenuga, Kosokos, Adelekes, WizKid etc,), they won't , rather they'd be buying land in banana island and Ikoyi
E dey quite eye-opening to yarn about how development levels vary across Naija, particularly for the Southwest side, outside the big Lagos city. The clear difference between the developed areas and some kinda underdeveloped spots for the same geopolitical zone show say we get serious gap for how development take spread.

The matter wey you carry come about how some big Ogas and celebrities prefer to stack their wealth for places like Banana Island and Ikoyi instead of taking am back to develop their own villages dey bring attention to one kain issue. E show say development no balance well and investment dey flow go one side pass.

This kain way dey make plenty people leave their villages enter city, leading to cities dey choke with people while some rural areas just dey there without much development. If investments fit flow go these areas wey need am, e fit help to create better work opportunities, boost the area infrastructure, and even ginger the local economy well well.

But, no be only the big men suppose carry this development matter for head. Government and community leaders sef suppose play their part well by creating beta environment wey go make investments sweet to enter rural areas. Things like better policies for local development, tax sweeteners for businesses wey dey put money for less developed areas, and security na key things to make investments spread reach everywhere.

Community self fit gather hand do their own development projects. This kind work wey community go start fit really touch lives for local areas and fit even push others, including those big men wey dey abroad, to put hand for their development.

Na good thing say you bring up this matter. E open floor for us to discuss how we fit join hand make development reach every corner for Naija. E go sweet make we hear wetin others think about this matter and brainstorm on how we fit encourage balanced development across all regions, no be just for Southwest alone.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:12pm On Mar 30
AntiMarxist:

See this one.

I dey lol at my level of ignorance

Denial

first stage of grief cheesy grin

it will take time but you'll be fine

Butuo o Nna
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Front0lane: 7:12pm On Mar 30
Same you that your Ezeidigbo was being flogged mercilessly like a common criminal that he is in far away Akure few years ago.

Even another foolish Eze still de kirikiri de chop bean till eternity as he as refuse to get sense.

Jokerman:

Don't be dumb.

Apart from Lagos , how many other SEs, SS or North do you see in Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Kwara??

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30
Most urbanized States in Nigeria

1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Imo

Delta, Akwaibom, Abia, Rivers, Enugu, Osun, Kano follow in no particular order.

States with the smallest landmass

1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Imo
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:13pm On Mar 30
Front0lane:
Same you that your Ezeidigbo was being flogged mercilessly like a common criminal that he is in far away Akure few years ago.

Even another foolish Eze still de kirikiri de chop bean till eternity as he as refuse to get sense.

eh that only shows how vile you people are !

it doesn't tell good about you people Incase your rejoicing about it grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by tubolancer(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

They make money, and go and build their villages and towns bro...

Hope SWs will get the idea... Make money in Lagos, and try to develop a little in Kwara, Ekiti... Don't mind the greedy Baale's that will ask for cut as usual
You Igbo guys are big problems to everybody in Nigeria, poke nosing everywhere. You live with people in their land you hate them. You eat their food , drink their water, do business, born in their land and hate them. I have never seen this type of life. What is wrong with you everywhere, is that how you will sustain your region.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by AntiMarxist: 7:14pm On Mar 30
BeninRefugees:

Denial

first stage of grief cheesy grin

it will take time but you'll be fine

Butuo o Nna

You just proved why it's a waste to argue with fools.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:15pm On Mar 30
Abagworo:
Most urbanized States in Nigeria

1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Imo

Delta, Akwaibom, Abia, Rivers, Enugu, Osun, Kano follow in no particular order.

States with the smallest landmass

1 Lagos
2 Anambra
3 Imo

Saint Lucia. 238. 616.
Tonga. 251. 650.
Micronesia. 271. 701.

yes these are the smallest countries and yes by your logic they're the most built up in the world 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:16pm On Mar 30
AntiMarxist:

You just proved why it's a waste to argue with fools.

you just go schooled

when someone can't defend their opinions

they resort to insult

Your tears gives me Joy!

I won't stoop so low to call you names grin

I'll take that as responsibility in Tinubu voice grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Front0lane: 7:18pm On Mar 30
Well I don't know about it being good or gulder but any foolish Ezendigbo that does not excercise restrain in speech n action thinking he as the backing of bastard like ipob will continuously have his foolish head flogged mercilessly till he get sense.

That much I can tell you. When EzeYoruba come to your own land n chose not to excercise restrain or decorum if you like let him ridicule n go Scott free that is you own problem.

BeninRefugees:

eh that only shows how vile you people are !

it doesn't tell good about you people Incase your rejoicing about it grin

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Itooweak4una: 7:20pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

Don't be dumb.

Apart from Lagos , how many other SEs, SS or North do you see in Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Kwara??

I don't meddle in this tribalistic qualms you people engage in here but let me tell you something. I stay in a rural area of ogun state but there's an industrial estate here. The fact is the population of igbos and northerners here are more than the indigenes. This is an area that's not developed neither expose like lagos.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by jaymichael(m): 7:21pm On Mar 30
FourQu:

Is that why you ran away from your toilet less village in oshogbo and went to underbridge in lagos? 🤡

To dodge skull miners?
A large part of Ijebu land (my mother's people) was carved out to create Lagos state. I am a Landlord (I built, not inherited) in this Lagos and I also married a Lagosian. My Children can be future Governor of Lagos State unlike yours.
Your tribe are slaves, we flog them into behaving well for a living. Eyin eranko jati jati.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:22pm On Mar 30
Front0lane:
Well I don't know about it being good or gulder but any foolish Ezendigbo that does not excercise restrain in speech n action thinking he as the backing of bastard like ipob will continuously have his foolish head flogged mercilessly till he get sense.

That much I can tell you. When EzeYoruba come to your own land n chose not to excercise restrain or decorum if you like let him ridicule n go Scott free that is you own problem.

you people beat your people last time in Lagos by mistake grin

continue that way

do as you people are trained to do

make Una beat our remaining brothers there let them come home

we don't care!

we'll continue to thrive!

God is with us grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 7:23pm On Mar 30
jaymichael:
If 100% of South East develop, na equipment of just 2 states for South West. One plot of land easy to develop pass one acre.

So na Landmass determine Urbanisation?
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by ForensikOrder: 7:28pm On Mar 30
Itooweak4una:

I don't meddle in this tribalistic qualms you people engage in here but let me tell you something. I stay in a rural area of ogun state but there's an industrial estate here. The fact is the population of igbos and northerners here are more than the indigenes. This is an area that's not developed neither expose like lagos.
E dey interesting to hear how your side for Ogun state dey carry go, especially as e be say Igbos and Northerners plenty pass the indigenes for there. This kind thing no be new for different parts of Naija as people dey always move go where them feel say better opportunity dey, whether na for work, business, or even schooling.

The fact say una get industrial estate for the area, even as e still dey rural, fit really draw different people from all over the country come your side. E show say Naija na land of movement and hustle where people dey find greener pasture anywhere e fit dey.

This kind setup fit bring different kind challenge and chance for the community to blend well. E mean say una need to think well well about how to make sure say the community dey inclusive, where everybody, no matter where dem come from, fit feel at home. E also mean say una get opportunity to create one kind community wey rich with different cultures and ways of life wey fit make the area sweet pass as e dey.

To make sure say everybody blend, e go good make dialogue dey between the different groups. E go help build respect and understanding, make una fit work together as one strong community. E good too for the local government to put ear down, make sure say the development projects for the area benefit everybody, reflect the need of the diverse people wey dey the area.

This situation dey show us say, to carry everybody along and work together na the way forward. By embracing the diversity and working towards unity, community fit achieve big things. Nigeria strength na in its diversity, and by working together, respecting each other, communities fit grow and flourish well well.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

LIVE IN MY STATE OF ORIGIN...

Percentage of the population living in their State of origin:

1 🔴Kebbi: 99.80%
2 ⚫Yobe: 99.60%
3 🟤Akwa Ibom: 99.20%
4 🔴Jigawa: 98.60%
5 🔴Katsina: 98.40%
6 ⚫Taraba: 98.20%
7 ⚫Borno: 97.50%
8 🔴Kano: 97.00%
9 🟠Benue: 96.80%
10 🟠Kogi: 96.60%
11 🟢Imo: 96.20%
12 🟢Ebonyi: 96.00%
13 ⚫Gombe: 96.00%
14 🔴Sokoto: 96.00%
15 🔴Zamfara: 96.00%
16 🟢Abia: 94.80%
17 ⚫Adamawa: 94.10%
18 🟢Enugu: 93.60%
19 🟤Bayelsa: 93.40%
20 🟠Nasarawa: 92.60%
21 🟠Plateau: 92.00%
22 🟤Delta: 89.60%
23 🟠Kwara: 89.60%
24 🔴Kaduna: 88.40%
25 🟣Ekiti: 88.20%
26 ⚫Bauchi: 87.60%
27 🟣Osun: 86.90%
28 🟤Rivers: 84.20%
29 🟤Cross river: 83.80%
30 🟣Oyo: 83.60%
31 🟤Edo: 82.60%
32 🟠Niger: 73.40%
33 🟣Ondo: 64.50%
34 🟢Anambra: 61.50%
35 🟣Ogun: 60.00%
36 🟠FCT: 41.20%
37 🟣Lagos: 20.90%

This is so untrue
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Front0lane: 7:36pm On Mar 30
Bro I sincerely wish this was an official policy, people wey I wan flog too many I swear to God.

BeninRefugees:

you people beat your people last time in Lagos by mistake grin

continue that way

do as you people are trained to do

make Una beat our remaining brothers there let them come home

we don't care!

we'll continue to thrive!

God is with us grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:40pm On Mar 30
Front0lane:
Bro I sincerely wish this was an official policy, people wey I wan flog too many I swear to God.

abi o

dem don too flog Una tire thanks to Statisense

that's why you're in this thread grin

it's okay you can take revenge on those there let them come home

flog them well grin

no mistake flog Una people wey resemble dem aha cheesy
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 7:42pm On Mar 30
iLoveYouToo:

This is so untrue

because it hurts your feelings smiley chai! e Pele
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 7:44pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:
BUILT-UP AREA IN NIGERIA

Urbanization: Percentage of Area
1 South East: 15.60%
2 South West: 11.65%
3 South South: 6.77%
4 North Central: 2.99%
5 North West: 1.72%
6 North East: 0.85%

-- Large homogeneous impervious surfaces including parking structures, office buildings and residential housing

Examples: Houses, sense villages/towns/cities, paved roads, asphalt.

#Statisense
(UNDP Nigeria, 2023)

Na joke statistics abi na serious one?
Everybody including the joker who wrote this stats know that the people, houses,infrastructures in the SW quadruple that of the SE.
Ibadan city only has more and better road network than anywhere in the East.
If I should post videos of the East now,we would see the blatant falsehood of this stats.
The built up area in the East is Onitsha which is 52 sq km according to google.(I know that Igbo Voltron has gone to change that in Wiki grin)
The stats could be a satire.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 7:46pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

Everybody including the joker who wrote this stats know that the people, houses,infrastructures in the SW quadruple that of the SE.
If I should post videos of the East now,we would see the blatant falsehood of this stats.
The built up area in the East is Onitsha which is 52 sq km according to google.(I know that Igbo Voltron has gone to change that in Wiki grin)

So NBS and Statisense are wrong with their statistics...

But wait fess, aside Ibadan where else is developed in Oyo??😬
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 7:49pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

So na Landmass determine Urbanisation?
Na modern infrastructures et al determine urbanisation.
Does SE have 1/10 of the infrastructures in the SW?

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 7:50pm On Mar 30
Yorubas are already crying grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 7:53pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

Even with all infrastructure, SE is still more urbanized.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 7:54pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

Built Up:
-- Human made structures
-- Major road and rail network
-- Large homogeneous impervious surfaces including parking structures, office buildings and residential housing

Examples: Houses, sense villages/towns/cities, paved roads, asphalt.
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 7:55pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

Now see the states with infrastructure in Nigeria, top 10. 👇

MOST BUILT UP STATES IN NIGERIA, 2023

Percentage of Area:
1 🟣Lagos: 34.4%
2 🟢Imo: 25.1%
3 🟢Anambra: 23.5%
4 🟤Akwa Ibom: 15.6%
5 🟢Abia: 15.5%
6 🟣Ogun: 10.3%
7 🟢Enugu: 9.6%
8 🟣Osun: 8.9%
9 🟤Rivers: 7.9%
10 🟤Delta/🟣Ekiti: 6.8%
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Ogene001: 7:55pm On Mar 30
yoruboid:

Very unintelligent

Even when you remove Lagos which is about 3000km2, the rest of the SW has more built up areas than the SE which is just about the same landmass with Oyo State

I know you still won’t get it because you take advise from a mad man

Kudos to the person who did this breakdown
Lol. Percentage is the correct measure to total urban area
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by OfficialAPCNig: 7:55pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

So UN and NBS are joke?

Just admit that SE don pass una grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 7:59pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

So NBS and Statisense are wrong with their statistics...

But wait fess, aside Ibadan where else is developed in Oyo??😬
It is not only that Ibadan is more developed than Igboland,the developed part is bigger than the 5 SE capitals combined.

If you are bold,compare Igboland with only Ibadan city.
Let us post videos of different parts with their names.
I will quickly post 30 different places in Ibadan and I bet you that you cannot post 10 different good places in the entire SE.
I have been to the SE and I know how scanty houses are there compared to anywhere in the SW.
The only place I love is around Upper Iweka-Obossi-Awada-Nkpor axis (up to Nkpor junction) in Anambra.
Only Ibadan gas more than 11 GRAs while the entire Igboland has 7.
Pathetic.

Nominate The Best Governor In Nigeria 2009. / Ibibio The Land Of Honour / House Of Reps Okay Gov. Jang’s ‘operation Rainbow'.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66