Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria (2213 Views)

2022 Data On Largest Built-up Urban Areas ( Lagos & Onitsha Tops Again) / Tinubu’s Health: Every Individual Has His Own Percentage Of Illness – Olusi / The Percentage Of Votes That Tinubu Will Get In All Regions In 2023 Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:01pm On Mar 30
Cosbyrich:

It is not only that Ibadan is more developed than Igboland,the developed part is bigger than the 5 SE capitals combined.

If you are bold,compare Igboland with only Ibadan city.
Let us post videos of different parts with their names.
I will quickly post 30 different places in Ibadan and I bet you that you cannot post 10 different good places in the entire SE.
I have been to the SE and I know how scanty houses are there compared to anywhere in the SW.
The only place I love is around Upper Iweka-Obossi-Awada-Nkpor axis (up to Nkpor junction).
Only Ibadan gas more than 11 GRAs while the entire Igboland has 7.
Pathetic.

So why is Oyo state below 10% Urbanized??
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Cosbyrich: 8:11pm On Mar 30

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Slytiger: 8:36pm On Mar 30
Geez. 3rd thread on this topic.

Slytiger:
Urban slums and urban sprawls. Some combination of cities can fit into one state due to difference in land mass.

Plus most importantly, built up area does not equate to development.

Dhaka in Bangladesh is widely considered to be the most densely populated built-up urban area in the world; yet, it's not more developed than Brisbane in Australia.
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by nedu666: 8:51pm On Mar 30
thesicilian:

Yet 70% of south Easterners are domiciled in the south west and south South

You are right 70% lgbos in sw
Another 90% in nw
Yet 94% in Abuja
Still lgbos for ne reach like 92%
In ss, lgbos reach 70%
North Central has 88% lgbos
Total lgbo population 1 billion in other parts of Nigeria. Add it to 800 million world wide

1 Like

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by temmyejo: 8:54pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

Don't be dumb.

Apart from Lagos , how many other SEs, SS or North do you see in Osun, Ekiti, Ogun, Kwara??

Visit Iwo road and mokola in Ibadan
Visit Sapon in Abeokuta
Visit Oja oba in Ilorin

Come back and speak with common sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by ForensikOrder: 9:16pm On Mar 30
Jokerman:

So why is Oyo state below 10% Urbanized??
Bros, the mata about Oyo State urbanization na something wey dey complex well well. First off, you go gree say development no dey happen overnight and e no dey spread evenly across everywhere. Plenty factors dey play into why some areas go urbanize pass others.

One major factor na government policy and where dem dey channel resources. If the government dey focus more on certain areas for development projects and infrastructure, those areas go naturally see more growth and urbanization.

Another thing be say, economic activities dey very crucial to urbanization. Areas wey get industries, companies, and businesses dey more likely to attract people because of job opportunities. If Oyo State no get enough of these economic magnets, e go hard make the urbanization level jump go high.

Cultural and historical factors sef dey influence how urbanization take spread. Some areas fit dey more conservative or prefer to maintain their traditional way of life, which can slow down the pace of urbanization compared to places wey dey more open to change.

Lastly, infrastructure na key. Without proper roads, water supply, electricity, and other basic amenities, e go tough for areas to attract new residents and businesses wey go boost urbanization.

So, na combination of these factors and possibly more dey contribute to why Oyo State urbanization level dey where e dey right now. E go take strategic planning, investment, and time to see significant change for the urbanization rate for Oyo and other similar states.

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Tochi3(m): 9:30pm On Mar 30
BeninRefugees:

you've been bursted again Again and again with this your lies!

SW none of them were upto 90% in Thier states of Origin

SW are the highest migrators

mostly to Lagos.

Una go cry tire you can't dispute facts grin
grin grin
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by AntiMarxist: 10:52pm On Mar 30
BeninRefugees:

you just go schooled

when someone can't defend their opinions

they resort to insult

Your tears gives me Joy!

I won't stoop so low to call you names grin

I'll take that as responsibility in Tinubu voice grin

Going by your foolish interpretation , that means 80% of Lagos indigenes have left their state.

Daft IPOB mentality.

2 Likes

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by LordBillionz: 12:40am On Mar 31
thesicilian:

Yet 70% of south Easterners are domiciled in the south west and south South
grin grin

Most? Where's your start from?

1 Like

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Slytiger: 1:31am On Mar 31
temmyejo:

Visit Iwo road and mokola in Ibadan
Visit Sapon in Abeokuta
Visit Oja oba in Ilorin

Come back and speak with common sense
You see that Ibadan and Akure especially, the Ibo boys in those corners dey even speak Yoruba with the dialects if the locals. They will tell you that they were born and bred in those places. And those are even different from those that sell spare parts, ugwu, crayfish, ogbono seed, okporoko, e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by adamusuleiman1: 1:38am On Mar 31
That data is useless without the landmass. With the landmass included. Percentages are relative to something.

South East is 28,983km², 15.6% is 4,605km² I.e, only 4,605km ² of SE is built.

South West is 78,505Km ², 11.65% is 9,280Km ², I.e only 9,280Km ² of SW is built, thats 102% more built than SE.

South south is 85,315km ², 6.77% is 5,641km ²,I.e only 5,641km ² of SS is built, that’s 23% more built than SE.

North central is 231,677Km ², 2.99% is 6,927Km ², I.e only 6,927km ² of NC is built, that’s 50% more built than SE.

Northwest is 223,150km², 1.72% is 3,838km², I.e only 3,838km² of NW is built, that’s 17% less built than SE.

Northeast is 289,421km², 0.85% is 2,460km², I.e only 2,460km² of NE is built, that’s 47% less built than SE.

Therefore, Southwest, Northcentral & SouthSouth are far ahead of other regions.

Southeast, Northwest and Northeast need to buckle up

2 Likes

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by KGBKremlin: 4:13am On Mar 31
Jokerman:

LIVE IN MY STATE OF ORIGIN...

Percentage of the population living in their State of origin:

1 🔴Kebbi: 99.80%
2 ⚫Yobe: 99.60%
3 🟤Akwa Ibom: 99.20%
4 🔴Jigawa: 98.60%
5 🔴Katsina: 98.40%
6 ⚫Taraba: 98.20%
7 ⚫Borno: 97.50%
8 🔴Kano: 97.00%
9 🟠Benue: 96.80%
10 🟠Kogi: 96.60%
11 🟢Imo: 96.20%
12 🟢Ebonyi: 96.00%
13 ⚫Gombe: 96.00%
14 🔴Sokoto: 96.00%
15 🔴Zamfara: 96.00%
16 🟢Abia: 94.80%
17 ⚫Adamawa: 94.10%
18 🟢Enugu: 93.60%
19 🟤Bayelsa: 93.40%
20 🟠Nasarawa: 92.60%
21 🟠Plateau: 92.00%
22 🟤Delta: 89.60%
23 🟠Kwara: 89.60%
24 🔴Kaduna: 88.40%
25 🟣Ekiti: 88.20%
26 ⚫Bauchi: 87.60%
27 🟣Osun: 86.90%
28 🟤Rivers: 84.20%
29 🟤Cross river: 83.80%
30 🟣Oyo: 83.60%
31 🟤Edo: 82.60%
32 🟠Niger: 73.40%
33 🟣Ondo: 64.50%
34 🟢Anambra: 61.50%
35 🟣Ogun: 60.00%
36 🟠FCT: 41.20%
37 🟣Lagos: 20.90%

Rubbish by Ipob and why are they forcing themselves on others.
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 6:46am On Mar 31
AntiMarxist:

Going by your foolish interpretation , that means 80% of Lagos indigenes have left their state.

Daft IPOB mentality.
isn't that obvious?

when was the last time someone of Lagos origin was the last governor?
how many person of Lagos State Origin had became governor? compare with other economic refugees that has hijacked the State

1 Like

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Nigercity: 8:08am On Mar 31
yoruboid:

Very unintelligent

Even when you remove Lagos which is about 3000km2, the rest of the SW has more built up areas than the SE which is just about the same landmass with Oyo State

I know you still won’t get it because you take advise from a mad man

Kudos to the person who did this breakdown
You not totally right
If you remove Lagos and it's extension in ogun state
That one will be around 2400km²
You will realize that south west is doing bad,
However the percentage matters not the landmass
I.e imo has more than mass than Lagos
So going by your analogy Lagos is doing bad when compared to IMO state?
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:43am On Mar 31
yoruboid:

Very unintelligent

Even when you remove Lagos which is about 3000km2, the rest of the SW has more built up areas than the SE which is just about the same landmass with Oyo State

I know you still won’t get it because you take advise from a mad man

Kudos to the person who did this breakdown

Let's leave other states alone...

What about Ogun state that has just 10%, meaning the remaining 90% of the state are undeveloped or not urbanised...

And we know the 10% is Abeokuta
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:45am On Mar 31
I think we need more states....

Some states need to be divided into 2 or 3 states, with their own governors, I think that will boost development...

Nigerian governors are not good enough to manage large states , and the FG will just start wasting money transferring to them..

All these Oyo, Ogun, Niger, Borno etc, should be divided into more states...
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Dafresh: 9:12am On Mar 31
chopnaira:

Yet, your own people flee your own region for the SW.
flee kwa continue to deceive yourself
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:18am On Mar 31
BeninRefugees:

because it hurts your feelings smiley chai! e Pele

Let’s be objective. I’m from South South, I’m not in any form of competition with you.

The stat on Akwa Ibom is false. I’m not even from there but it’s wrong.

Akwa Ibomites are like Igbos they emigrate a lot. We have a good number of them in my company at Lagos
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Dafresh: 9:19am On Mar 31
AntiMarxist:

Again you seem not to be able to interpret data.

Lagos having only 21% indigenes is because of refugees from your SE flocking to it.

The fact that your states in the SE are more composed of its indigenes is because no one in their right mind will move to a place where it's indigenes are fleeing from it.

You said our states are empty we flee now your said another q different thing you're just wabbling
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Dafresh: 9:21am On Mar 31
Jokerman:

So where are the remaining 40% Ogun indigenes??
they're in Benin refugee camp
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by AntiMarxist: 9:22am On Mar 31
Dafresh:

You said our states are empty we flee now your said another q different thing you're just wabbling

Congo Judas , is that what your low frequency brain could process from my posts here

Refugee
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Dafresh: 9:25am On Mar 31
AntiMarxist:

Congo Judas , is that what your low frequency brain could process from my posts here

Refugee
a month child is wiser than you
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by BeninRefugees: 9:43am On Mar 31
iLoveYouToo:

Let’s be objective. I’m from South South, I’m not in any form of competition with you.

The stat on Akwa Ibom is false. I’m not even from there but it’s wrong.

Akwa Ibomites are like Igbos they emigrate a lot. We have a good number of them in my company at Lagos
ofcourse but those at home are more
that's what stat is saying

I know Akwa ibom too it's not a desolate land

aren't you suprised that it seems as if there are alot Northerner outside the North but if you've been the North you'd know that it's not true
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Putindbutt: 11:11am On Mar 31
Jokerman:
BUILT-UP AREA IN NIGERIA

Urbanization: Percentage of Area
1 South East: 15.60%
2 South West: 11.65%
3 South South: 6.77%
4 North Central: 2.99%
5 North West: 1.72%
6 North East: 0.85%

-- Large homogeneous impervious surfaces including parking structures, office buildings and residential housing

Examples: Houses, sense villages/towns/cities, paved roads, asphalt.

#Statisense
(UNDP Nigeria, 2023)
Where's the total landmass of each region?, then you'd realize that the 15% you're celebrating is like a poultry farm compared to other regions.
Statisense has updated their data, go check it out.

1 Like

Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 11:18am On Mar 31
AntiMarxist:

Idiot , half of that 10% is larger than your self contain region.

I agree ...

But you mean 90% of Oyo state is still Rural?? Even though Oyo is one of the oldest states in Nigeria..😬

Is it not better Oyo state be divided into states with different governors like this coz clearly landmass is not helping the backward state 😂
Re: See The Percentage Of Built Up Regions In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Mar 31
Dafresh:
they're in Benin refugee camp

Or are doing Omo onile in Lagos state?😬

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Your Vote Is Your Might / Fake Products All Over Nigeria / Mayhem In Ijan-ekiti Over Royal Stool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.