Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. (22164 Views)

Olatop Ekula Ft. Zigi Terry & Molla Boi - Mama Mini / Watch Thrilling Highlights Of Nwa Agbara Nmiri (son Of The River Goddess) / Nollywood Movie Review: A Lawyer’s Review Of The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06
OGHENAOGIE:
u can't be so sure
am very very very sure,,, it is not nollywood, is either you are sacked or you are given a peanut for settlement but wither way, a junior cannot be settled before the senior
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06
IgweBUIKE1:
am very very very sure,,, it is not nollywood, is either you are sacked or you are given a peanut for settlement but wither way, a junior cannot be settled before the senior
u don't know all stories so u can't be sure it hasn't occur

1 Like

Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 10:19am On Apr 07
OGHENAOGIE:
u don't know all stories so u can't be sure it hasn't occur
okay maybe I don't know the nollywood stories
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On Apr 07
Slytiger:

It's an interesting movie actually.

I have watched it & it is.

Roles well interpreted.
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Apr 07
CADA:
This actually happened in my family. The 2 junior boys were settled before one of my dads manager who came before the two. Fhe manager felt bad and people even talked about it. But guess what, a manager is a manager for a reason, he was delayed for several things, he had traits other new guys can learn easily, his settlement package was being arrnaged in a big way.
He fumed as expected because he is human, but at the end, he was settled with a car, 1 20ft of used motorcycles(japan), cash and was connected to my dad's direct contacts in Japan.
Just under 3years, this guy BLOW..... built house in the Villa, lagos and my guy is doing VERY VERY VERY well.
There is always a reason for everything. Once a "boy" is good to his OGA, forget it, settlement go come! The money isn't always the thing, but the BLESSING. As the blessing make the boy enter the gas office and link with oga finds anytime anyday.

Interesting example.

From your experience, do you think Odogwu would have settled Paul nicely?

He was stealing from him & sleeping with his daughter.
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:37pm On Apr 07
VinnyBaba:

That's NOT what Joseph Benjamin said. undecided

He said Nollywood was becoming fixated on TRIBAL/Ethnic movies such as Anikulakpo and others. sad

What is wrong with ethnic movies?

Isn't it a nice way to document and sell our culture?

I hope I see more of Afamefuna, Ankipulakpo, Laguna Jagun and the likes.

When those Igbo boys drag a person in the market or tell you their brother has what you are looking for, you remember Afamefuna & co and smile.
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On Apr 07
IgweBUIKE1:
but odogwu was suppose to settle Paulo before afam, whether he is stealing or not, it is the amount given to him at settlement that will now send a message to Paulo, if he is a faithful servant or not, odogwu was to be blamed for how Paulo turn out

Not true.

Do you think Afam would have become a Paul if same thing happened to him?
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:42pm On Apr 07
Dinieoj:
The story was touching,but the producers would have pointed out reasons for Kanayo not settling Paulo before Afam, creating hatred and future enemy, the case of paternity fraud should have also been addressed, why taking someone else's son, what's the reason behind such ? Was it an Igbo culture or a personal decision? All these are begging for answers.

How would Afam realistically give up Lotanna?

Tell his family that the son he thought he had was his? Tell the community that his son disappeared? Except he was willing to make it public & end his marriage, there was nothing he could do which Paul leveraged.
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by bukatyne(f): 6:44pm On Apr 07
gammarays:

In a real setting
Paulo should have been sacked long ago and Afam promoted
Paternity fraud is a great offense in Igboland. In reality Amaka would be a single mom.

Afam family will never allow the marriage to go ahead especially his mom and sisters 😊

Afam though good was a simp who lower their guild when they meet women.

How would they stop the marriage when they were already married for years?
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by gammarays(m): 5:30am On Apr 08
bukatyne:

How would they stop the marriage when they were already married for years?

Married for years?
I thought they were dating
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08
bukatyne:

Not true.

Do you think Afam would have become a Paul if same thing happened to him?
more than that, that's injustice, Paulo wasn't a bad apprentice either just that afam was more dutiful and beside Paulo was already a manager before afam even dreamt of becoming a boy
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by rapthugx(m): 8:24am On Apr 09
IgweBUIKE1:
more than that, that's injustice, Paulo wasn't a bad apprentice either just that afam was more dutiful and beside Paulo was already a manager before afam even dreamt of becoming a boy
I think you are wrong here, the manager when Afam started the nwa boi was Nonso
Re: Movie Review: Áfáméfúná - An Nwa-boi Story. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 11:13am On Apr 09
rapthugx:

I think you are wrong here, the manager when Afam started the nwa boi was Nonso
hmmm, maybe but Paulo already knows the drill before afam, so he is the senior hence should be settled first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Burn Down NTA Onitsha Office Building / Photos From The Premiere Of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1″ / Download Game Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.