Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia (18947 Views)

Rev Fr Alia, APC Benue Governorship Candidate Rocks Asiwaju Cap / Gemade May Replace Alia As Benue APC Guber Candidate / Gov Ortom Vows To Work With Minister Akume To Develop Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by benjaminlawson(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31
I don't expect this type of statement from someone who called himself a man of God, was that what Christ taught us. Why must you be talking about those who want to influence you negatively. Always do what is right in the sight of God.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by HRMK: 2:28pm On Mar 31
i guess you are one of his aides!such nasty statement should not come from any responsible governor especially a cleric!he is not even bold enough to mention names!he has to do his job and stop playing politics!!
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 2:33pm On Mar 31
MaziX:
name one thing he has tackled? Just 1.
The biggest probIem in Benue State is póvèrty, civil servants NEVER collected their salaries when due, sometimes they get half payment, other times, few local governments are paid while the rest wait till the following month and those who got this month won't get next month.
As a result of this, they can't feed properly, can't pay basic medical bills, etc.
You know what?
He has tackled that, civil servants get paid between 25th to the last of every month since he assumed office.
You need more?

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Boldideas: 2:41pm On Mar 31
Antoeni:
Is This to Attract Sympathy or What,
You Were Elected to Work for the Larger Majority of Benue State Not For Some Greedy Selfish, Dubious & Fraudulent demonic Politicians, You Are a Catholic Priest , Do the Will of God, Which is Service to Humanity
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by WizardOfNG: 2:52pm On Mar 31
olisaEze:
Just imagine, after almost a year in office dis one is still sharing conspiracy theories! His people have almost been annihilated and he’s talking about development, for who, the invaders or the murdered citizens?? They can’t keep the people safe but they can get ballot boxes to their communities. Without equity, justice & security there can be no development!

No conspiracy. Benue genuinely faces a lot of challenges greater than most. Many of the problems are man-made as well.

Alia is a good man and he will try to do his best for his people but it won’t be easy.

Anyone who genuinely knows Benue well, and does not play politics with everything, will understand what Alia is saying.

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31
WizardOfNG:

No conspiracy. Benue genuinely faces a lot of challenges greater than most. Many of the problems are man-made as well.

Alia is a good man and he will try to do his best for his people but it won’t be easy.

Anyone who genuinely knows Benue well, and does not play politics with everything, will understand what Alia is saying.
Exactly.

MaziX may soon reply you again with an irrational beer palour kind of analysis.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Slurity(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31
I was born and grew in up in Benue and the state is so backward.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Melonsmasher: 3:43pm On Mar 31
99thEnemy:

The Owing of salaries is Courtesy of the last Governor, Samuel Ortom.
His own government has never owed salaries, rather he has cleared some owed, and paid some but the government is still owing. they are clearing it one parastatal after the other.

The borrowed money is to facilitate the many ongoing capital projects that benue people are celebrating. but the politicians prefer he shares money to them like other governments did.

The masses in Benue are content.
(Apart from those who illogically blame him for owed salaries which he inherited from Samuel Ortom who embezzled the whole state and vehemently refused to pay salaries.)
E clear.. You are from Benue I guess

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Truths9ja: 4:11pm On Mar 31
Then you don’t yield to pressures from your political enemies. You deal with your enemies well.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31
Melonsmasher:

E clear.. You are from Benue I guess
Exactimon . cool

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Iseddy: 4:23pm On Mar 31
olisaEze:
Just imagine, after almost a year in office dis one is still sharing conspiracy theories! His people have almost been annihilated and he’s talking about development, for who, the invaders or the murdered citizens?? They can’t keep the people safe but they can get ballot boxes to their communities. Without equity, justice & security there can be no development!
Keep quiet if you don't have any meaningful things to talk instead of talking rubbish. You're not leaving in the state to know what is happening yet you open your mouth talk nonsense. Which among the newly elected governors are doing better than him.

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Kposhherd: 4:50pm On Mar 31
JagabanB:

U guys should stop taking it out on him, learn rather than writing long paragraphs.
He's a great upliftment to his and Benue is filled with millions of people who need roads, salaries, what to eat, clean environment etc etc.
He's tackling so many issues facing Benue and u are online ranting about him.
you guys don't know j
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by travelzcruix: 5:02pm On Mar 31
Father cease to complain. Simply do like Putin did when he took over power in Russia. Gather those oligarchs, people that have vowed to make Benue a blood ground. Give them an option to leave Benue in order for you to rule or tell them they will disappear one by one,either by book or by crook.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by God1000(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31
Pearlty:
What an excuse!
I think they twisted what he said, that's not what he meant.

The man is trying in the area of infrastructure and payment of salaries

1 Like

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by joggler(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31
Melonsmasher:
Benue state is among the 13 states currently in dept within 6 months of new governors in office.

What has the governor done so far with the borrozwed money

Kindly quote your source pls?
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Ever8090: 8:25pm On Mar 31
olisaEze:
mr man, if you are not from Benue state just shut up....almost one year just as you said, this guy has achieved what no governor has done in benue state.

As for insecurity, those who don't want the state to develop are the ones creating soo much to distract the governor....
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by MaziX(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31
JagabanB:

The biggest probIem in Benue State is póvèrty, civil servants NEVER collected their salaries when due, sometimes they get half payment, other times, few local governments are paid while the rest wait till the following month and those who got this month won't get next month.
As a result of this, they can't feed properly, can't pay basic medical bills, etc.
You know what?
He has tackled that, civil servants get paid between 25th to the last of every month since he assumed office.
You need more?
wetin this one dey talk? Are u OK? Paying workers now is an achievement lmao
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by MaziX(m): 10:21pm On Mar 31
Jerry1280:

Massive infrastructural upgrade going on in Benue State, as well as social welfare. Sometime it's better to keep quiet when you know nothing about something.
no need to explain. I said just 1 achievement! Let's face the fact here.. Tinubu is really trying to make things work, what about our governors? U think say I dey collect money from any stupid and greedy party? U keep quiet mf. Don't let hate kill u
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by Melonsmasher: 10:31pm On Mar 31

Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by okven: 10:37pm On Mar 31
Such an awkward storie
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by PropertyBuying(f): 7:47am On Apr 01
NOETHNICITY:
This guy really wants to fail
grin
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by funshint(m): 3:18pm On Apr 01
99thEnemy:

You are the one with an issue.

There are 6 geopolitical zones, Northwest, North East, North Central, South West and South South.

Benue falls in North Central (Middle belt), so what should he call it in a situation where there are referring to North and South?

let me educate you further so that you will not embarrass yourself again since you learnt nothing in school. You are supposed to know this from Social Studies which every person who at least had a complete Junior Secondary education in Nigeria should know.
Even if you forget which states are in each region, you should be able to remember after checking references.

There are 19 Northern states and a Capital totaling 20, 17 Southern states.

To Juggle your memory here are states and Capital by Region.

North Central Region:

1. Benue
2. Kogi
3. Kwara
4. Nasarawa
5. Niger
6. Plateau
7. Federal Capital Territory (Abuja)

North East Region:

1. Adamawa
2. Bauchi
3. Borno
4. Gombe
5. Taraba
6. Yobe

North West Region:

1. Jigawa
2. Kaduna
3. Kano
4. Katsina
5. Kebbi
6. Sokoto
7. Zamfara

South East Region:

1. Abia
2. Anambra
3. Ebonyi
4. Enugu
5. Imo

South South Region:

1. Akwa Ibom
2. Bayelsa
3. Cross River
4. Delta
5. Edo
6. Rivers

South West Region:

1. Ekiti
2. Lagos
3. Ogun
4. Ondo
5. Osun
6. Oyo

Never again forget that the Regions starting with North are regarded as being in the North and those starting with South are regarded as South.

so Benue is a Northern State (Irrespective of the lack of typical cultural association)

Don’t be shy to thank me for educating you cool

You've only succeeded in wasting your time grin. It's an aberration to even call Benue a "Northern state". This is an error committed from the beginning. This is a state whose landmass is 95% below the River Niger. Even the recent turn of events and the level of animosity shown against the state by other northerners most especially the Hausa/Fulani tribes should make a them rethink their affiliation with that region. This is beyond just geography. I hope you now have sense to comprehend what I was saying....
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by 99thEnemy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 01
funshint:

You've only succeeded in wasting your time grin. It's an aberration to even call Benue a "Northern state". This is an error committed from the beginning. This is a state whose landmass is 95% below the River Niger. Even the recent turn of events and the level of animosity shown against the state by other northerners most especially the Hausa/Fulani tribes should make a them rethink their affiliation with that region. This is beyond just geography. I hope you now have sense to comprehend what I was saying....
So since it has already been established by the Federal Constitution, anyone who now makes reference to Benue based on it’s official administrative division is suffering from low self esteem? as your righteousness complex leads you, you really have a problem. If you continue with your irrationality, it may develop further into a predicament.

Maybe you should alter the constitution to make Benue officially in the South.

Your vehement lack of comprehension also demonstrates and proves that education does not benefit some individuals, which is a total waste of resources on their education path.

🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 10:54pm On Apr 01
MaziX:
wetin this one dey talk? Are u OK? Paying workers now is an achievement lmao
If can't read, then I can't help you, comprehension classes are meant for teenagers, maybe you are a teenager who is still in comprehension class.
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by JagabanB: 10:57pm On Apr 01
Kposhherd:
you guys don't know j
U probably don't know anything
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by worksmart(m): 12:39am On Apr 02
Re: There Is Pressure On Me Not To Develop Benue – Alia by MaziX(m): 2:18am On Apr 02
JagabanB:

If can't read, then I can't help you, comprehension classes are meant for teenagers, maybe you are a teenager who is still in comprehension class.
U go explain tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Nasarawa Village & Kill Scores / Pictures From APC Campaign Rally In Yakurr, Cross River / 2019: Nigeria Will Be Destroyed If Buhari Wins Second Term - Nwabueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.