Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I (631 Views)

2023: North Won’t Repeat Mistake Of Voting Along Ethnic, Religious Lines - CNG / COAS: The 24 Army Officers Buhari Bypassed Over Ethnic, Religious Sentiments- SR / Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Kuginzi: 9:07pm On Mar 31
This was stated by a presidential aide, Mr Bayo Onanuga when he was hosted by Seun Okinbaloye on a live podcast, ‘Mic On’, which was monitored by SaharaReporters.

The Presidency has berated Peter Obi, the former Labour Party presidential candidate for allegedly inflaming religious and ethnic issues to push his political ambition.

This was stated by a presidential aide, Mr Bayo Onanuga when he was hosted by Seun Okinbaloye on a live podcast, ‘Mic On’, which was monitored by SaharaReporters.

He said, “What I know about the campaign of Obi was that for the first time in a very long while in our country, we had a candidate who was inflaming ethnic passions. And that was the way the election went at that time. He was inflaming ethnic passions, religious passions, bringing two dangerous things to our politics - ethnicity and religion. That is what he did. And those things were dangerous to our Nigerian politics.”

Onanuga added that his principal did not choose his running mate because he was a fellow Muslim.

He said: “If Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) had done that, we would not have lost Lagos. (Muslim-Muslim ticket) was not religious. Muslim-Muslim ticket did not even win him massive votes; let’s say in Borno where his deputy came from. The man he picked as his VP, he believed that Shettima had the qualities to support him or to be his Vice President. That is why he picked him. He was not looking at religion.”

SaharaReporters had reported that the Supreme Council on Islamic Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN) had withdrawn its support for President Bola Tinubu's government.

SCSN noted that it also regretted voting for the Muslim-Muslim ticket, saying President Tinubu had relegated the country's Muslims to the background.

The Secretary-General of the council, Nafiu Baba Ahmed, said, "We were in the vanguard of mobilising scholars, various sects and Islamic groups to bring this government to power. But the scholars and various groups feel neglected, accusing the government of turning its back on Muslims, despite voting in the Muslim-Muslim ticket."

https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/31/peter-obi-was-first-presidential-candidate-ever-play-ethnic-religious-card-nigeria-says

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Nukilia: 9:10pm On Mar 31
Can APC just leave the citizens of this country alone

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Feintline: 9:11pm On Mar 31
Bayo onanuga must have taken their usual Chicago white substance which reduces their capacity to recollect their actions.

Even a bonafide lagosian not ekiti or ogbomosho lagosian, GVR , the LP lagos governorship candidate was being insulted by this old man as having an ibo mother.
That is how dirty and disgusting tinubu and his boys were in name of politics.

A Chief tribalistic bigot like bayo onanuga who shamefully disgraced himself as a man with no class is still here convulsing on the peoples President? peter obi.

Gold is different for carrot.
Analysing or comparing peter obi and tinubu's way of life is like comparing gold to carrots.

The man Peter obi is a course that should be a compulsory study for everyone who intends to be a leader.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by naija4life247: 9:14pm On Mar 31
And he was humiliated and disgraced at the market square together with his mentally unstable followers.

Same way he played Politics of Catholicism in his cursed Anambra state

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by naija4life247: 9:15pm On Mar 31
Feintline:
Bayo onanuga must have taken the usual Chicago white substance

What do you take? You cannot take white substance, it is not for wretched people. So what do you take? Or are you sniffing soak away or Lizard poo like your mates in the North?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by naija4life247: 9:16pm On Mar 31
Nukilia:
Can APC just leave the citizens of this country alone

We will not.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by victorclean(f): 9:21pm On Mar 31
Another sponsored ebin pa wa spewing thrash. Back to using Sahara news as they did to Jonathan.

Sowore was held after serious accusations but get free under Tinubu. Now he is in USA changing color like his lineage. Normal. Trust ebin pa wa to your own peril

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Ttipsy(f): 9:47pm On Mar 31
So Awa Lokan is not ethnic card ?

United States of Nigeria indeed lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Jones4190(m): 9:49pm On Mar 31
obi is still a boy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:27pm On Mar 31
Nobody should take onanuga and apc miscreants seriously. He is always talking trash after going high on cheap Chicago heroine. PO is their father, their nightmare, the air they breath, the food they eat and everything they are, they masturbate on his name every day in order to reach orgasm. If they don't mention him in a day, they will be admitted to the ICU. Stupiiiiiiid people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Oilwell(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31
Na wah. So Emilokan is a civil / selfless/ National card?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Good2go1: 11:21pm On Mar 31
Kettle calling pot Black

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Goodvibes007: 11:21pm On Mar 31
Some of us have known this for a while. He declared for Presidency suddenly in 2022, so and a lot of new Nigerian politics followers did not have enough time to beam the searchlight on his governance record in Anambra. ..

check the dates

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Goodvibes007: 11:24pm On Mar 31
He also used religious bigotry in Anambra to divide the state along Catholic and Anglican line.

He also played tribal card on his fellow non-Anambrans ibos resident in Anambra state.

Check the dates

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by olisaEze(m): 11:29pm On Mar 31
The strategy is to repeat the lie so often that the truth is forgotten. Dis wan has forgotten that he is working for a candidate that pushed a Mu-Mu ticket right after assembling a motley crew of fake bishops for fake validation! That one was not a direct attack on Christianity abii?? Is it not funny that the spokesman of a sitting admin rather than using such a medium to give visibility to the invisible economic strides of his principal, would choose to attack a private citizen going about his daily activities. Anyways, their supporters/praise singers are really dumb, so they assume everyone in the country is also like that! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by blacknp(m): 11:35pm On Mar 31
Feintline:
Bayo onanuga must have taken their usual Chicago white substance which reduces their capacity to recollect their actions.

Even a bonafide lagosian not ekiti or ogbomosho lagosian, GVR , the LP lagos governorship candidate was being insulted by this old man as having an ibo mother.

A Chief tribalistic bigot like bayo onanuga who shamefully disgraced himself as a man with no class is still here convulsing on the peoples President? peter obi.

Analysing or comparing peter obi and tinubu's way of life is like comparing gold to carrots.

The man Peter obi is a course that should be a compulsory study for everyone who intends to be a leader.
Complete nonsense from an Obedient Obidient.

The peoples President of The Agulu Republic of Arochukwu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by SaiOba: 11:40pm On Mar 31
Who is this one kwanu?

check the date ya tinlumbu 1st took his campaign to Saudi Arabia.

Stop being sick in the head and perish this line of argument as it holds no water.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by paramakina202: 11:58pm On Mar 31
This one na campaign after election from the camp of the First man ever to do moslem moslem ticket in Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by yarimo(m): 12:09am On Apr 01
OBI is a foolish man claiming to be saint

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by GoodLife4live: 1:21am On Apr 01
Feintline:

You don't know the meaning of leadership...
A failure, dullard like Obi can't lead any group...who are the people he had mentored ? Let see where dey are now...

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Alexis11: 1:30am On Apr 01
Peter Obi is a chronic ethnic and religious bigot.

E no get wetin anybody wan tell me about that hypocrite.
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by BabaRamota1980: 1:38am On Apr 01
Yes Daddy. grin
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by BabaRamota1980: 1:42am On Apr 01
Feintline:

You go explain tire. Soro soke...
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Alexis11: 1:46am On Apr 01
Feintline:

All these lies and packaging don cast.

It won't work in 2027. 😂

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Bendeco2020: 2:00am On Apr 01
Why too much hate from these people?

Your oga contested with muslim muslim ticket and that was not religious sentiment?

Some of tinubu's south west politicians said many negative things (hate speech) including this mugu before and during last presidential election but Igbos didn't cry foul.

I don't blame you guys but mumu Igbos that are yet to know their true enemies.

On upcoming elections, Igbo will not take that rubbish again. That violence that you people were looking for, you will get it this time.

Shey you have won the election yet still behaving like oposition. Insecurity is too bad
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by SpatialKing(m): 2:12am On Apr 01
Yet Tinubu and APC has to use Muslims Muslims religious strategy to win..

They knew they will never win the religious northern votes if he had use a Christian VP
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Usmanovic95(m): 2:40am On Apr 01
Muslim -Muslim ticket is not religious card?
Yoruba lokan, Yoruba Ronu and omo eni Oni shedi bebere rhetorics we kept hearing in the run-in to the election were not tribal card?

You first take the log out of your own eyes before you can see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour's eye.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by rinzaugustine: 2:45am On Apr 01
Says the same idiots that did Muslim Muslim ticket in a multi cultural and religious society like Nigeria but the good news is that same fools that said they won’t mention Obi name again have deferred back to licking their vomit.Most Nigerians have even forgotten Nigeria have a president. Emilokan and his mediocre team of quacks and propagandists have realized nobody listens anymore to their gibberish propaganda they have wasted billions on, so the only way to get little attention from Nigerians now is to mention Obi’s name because they have realized like everyone else that he is the star man in Nigeria today
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Jones4190(m): 3:27am On Apr 01
F22RAPTOR:
Nobody should take onanuga and apc miscreants seriously. He is always talking trash after going high on cheap Chicago heroine. PO is their father, their nightmare, the air they breath, the food they eat and everything they are, they masturbate on his name every day in order to reach orgasm. If they don't mention him in a day, they will be admitted to the ICU. Stupiiiiiiid people.
we will take him serious

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Hyperchi(m): 4:04am On Apr 01
After shouting obi did dis and did DAT. No forget to visit kabbi for ur own share of palliative ebi pa wa is real
Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by Alexis11: 5:00am On Apr 01
SpatialKing:
Yet Tinubu and APC has to use Muslims Muslims religious strategy to win..

They knew they will never win the religious northern votes if he had use a Christian VP

😂 😂 😂

I like the way Tinubu beat you guys with your hypocrisy.

You all wanted him to choose Christian VP then but he knew that even if he had chosen Angel Gabriel as VP, you hateful lots will still not vote for him. 😂

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Was First Presidential Candidate To Ever Play Ethnic, Religious Card I by SpatialKing(m): 5:27am On Apr 01
Alexis11:

😂 😂 😂

I like the way Tinubu beat you guys with your hypocrisy.

You all wanted him to choose Christian VP then but he knew that even if he had chosen Angel Gabriel as VP, you hateful lots will still not vote for him. 😂

His choice, his strategy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Was A Great Genius And Magician? / Ladies : Your Marriage Or Politics? / Letter To President Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.