Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun (19352 Views)

Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies / Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) / Man Electrocuted While Trying To Save A Bird Trapped On A High Tension Wire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by EmmyMaestro(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02
BadNews:

Bad News Is Here, To Cover Everything ooooo

So this is your new moniker
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by NaijaCover(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02
EmmyMaestro:

So this is your new moniker

Inukwa ooooo
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by okechuks22: 12:50pm On Apr 02
Aboks:
Na wa o

the landlord needs to be arrested for putting pumping machine in a public well
and the useless Nepa people what will be there own punishment
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by Aboks(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02
okechuks22:
and the useless Nepa people what will be there own punishment

notin concern nepa
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by mechanics(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02
She died as a result of the negligence of the house owner who failed to properly protect the naked cables.
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by jomarick(m): 11:49pm On Apr 02
I almost lost my life like this when I was 15 or 16. I was electrocuted by the metal pipe that draws water from a deep well. I lost consciousness and fell into the well, only toes floating. I was inside that way for about 30min before help could arrive, using ropes tied to be legs.

Dragging me out, the rope cut half way and sent me back into the well water that covered my entire body. Searching for stronger rope took more time, everyone thought am gone, family members praying. I was told all these, I didn't I was already unconscious.

Water and electricity do not agree, Sometimes I wonder how I survived. When I regained consciousness the next day, I kept spitting blood and sand for weeks and couldn't climb stair without feeling like passing out.
Here i am whole and fit, I know God's handled the situation else I would have been gone and forgotten for over 15 years now.

Drawing water from well with an electric pump is a very risky idea everyone should desist from. If at all it's done, the well should be sealed off completely.
Re: Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun by Ilekokonit: 3:30am On Apr 03
Aboks:
Na wa o

the landlord needs to be arrested for putting pumping machine in a public well

Too many dangers lurk in Nigeria by careless and dangerous landlords and tenant activities

Na so I receive electric shock when I opened the metal gate at my backyard and it touched the security barbed wire on my neighbors fence which unknown to us all was rigged with electricity to supposedly electrocute burglars.

Another time I tried to switch on the wall plug in my kitchen to run my kettle and I received the worst electric shock of my life from excessive voltage supplied by Nepa. That was the last time I touched the switch without padding my hand with a thick cloth. Thinking of it now it may be high Nepa voltage but at the same time it may be substandard materials installed in the kitchen by my then landlord. You never can tell which is which.

I visited a hotel i normally stayed at in Lagos not knowing that the owner had moved to Ikoyi to start property development and the hotel did not have the care it formerly had from him. I was having a shower and I received a slight electric shock from touching the tap to turn the water down. Its one of those showers whose water heating source is electric.

After that Masters student was killed for rituals in a hotel owned by Dr Rahman Adedoyin to stay in any hotel wey no dey big city is like playing Russian roulette with your life it seems.

Na God dey save us for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! / Growing Healthy And Getting Healing Naturally via these Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.