Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction (310 Views)

Three Bandit Groups Participated In Kuriga Students Abduction, Received Ransom – / Jangebe Students’ Abduction: PDP Asks Buhari To "Wake Up From Slumber" / How Bandits Terrorised Kagara For Years Before Students' Abduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by Celestialsword: 5:38am On Apr 02
Spokesperson of the Delta State Police Command, Bright Edafe, has revealed that efforts are ongoing to ensure that students kidnapped on Monday in Ugheli Delta state were rescued unharmed.
Confirming the development in a post via his official X account, Edafe disclosed that the command was “aware of this ugly incident, and we are doing all it takes to ensure that they are rescued unhurt.”

Naija News has earlier reported that a group of gunmen believed to be Fulani herdsmen abducted an unidentified group of students in Delta State.

Reports revealed that the students were travelling along the East-West in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta state, where the assailants attacked and whisked them away to an unknown location.

According to Vanguard, the students were taken in a Sienna vehicle on Friday while returning from Calabar at the Evwreni axis of the East-West Road.

A security source who confirmed the incident to journalists mentioned that the Sienna carrying the students from Calabar in Cross River State was seized on Friday night at the Evwreni axis, with the kidnappers demanding a ransom of N10 million.

This incident comes after the kidnapping of 8 individuals on February 24 along Ughelli-Patani road, Ughelli North, as they were returning from Benin City to Yenagoa.

It was reported that officers from the Ughelli A’ division visited the crime scene, but it remains unclear whether the remaining three individuals were rescued or released at a later time.

Naija News
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by Stanleymaster1: 6:15am On Apr 02
And what are they doing a bout it.
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by eliyke(m): 6:28am On Apr 02
shocked all dis kidnapping na fg dey enable am, even those guys fit no b Fulani,but knowing fully well dat kidnapping pass oil money,y Dem no go do am.nd wen it comes to kidnapping Niger delta guys no get rival, people wey been dey kidnap white(oyibo) during those days,I pray mk Dem never resume

Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by Sparrk007(m): 7:12am On Apr 02
Fake news please ignore the idiot, I dey ughelli and we never heard that kind news
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by magoo10(m): 7:37am On Apr 02
Kidnapping is the new cash cow under the emilokan government.
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by Celestialsword: 7:53am On Apr 02
Sparrk007:
Fake news please ignore the idiot, I dey ughelli and we never heard that kind news
something that bright edafe confirmed, you must be living in a hole
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by ruggedtimi(m): 8:12am On Apr 02
This manageable safe route wey i dey ply even around 9pm. This kidnappers don see update
Re: Police Confirm Delta Students Abduction by ruggedtimi(m): 8:14am On Apr 02
Sparrk007:
na all the kidnappings you go hear for street. This one happened on the highway

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

National Grid Just Collapsed Again / My Fellow Obidients, Wetin St. Peter Obi Dey Cook? / Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.