Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC (12474 Views)

Tinubu Inherited Dead Economy, CBN Under Buhari Printed Money Illegally – Soludo / Tinubu Inherited A Bankrupt Country - NSA, Nuhu Ribadu / May 29 Committee: Tinubu Inherited Igbo Hatred From Buhari – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Wainey: 9:37am On Apr 02
Ategberoson:

Swear with your life that you're not obi supporter

There is nothing you can say to me that can sound sensible because to you m0rons only obidients are sensible with that your toxic and hate on others

May Amadioha you believe in handle you
This is a post where your fellow axxhole thought I was Tinubu supporter.

Your brain is used to defend politician

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by DeeNet1: 9:47am On Apr 02
Inherited what?
APC kept Nigeria this way

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:50am On Apr 02
Godjone:
Truth be told? Buhari really finished this country. May he never know peace wherever he is. Useless malam
who is godfather to Buhari in that so called party
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:51am On Apr 02
APC + APC is equal to failure

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Asonaijaaso: 10:07am On Apr 02
tctrills:

And just because you have no shame, here is the research you asked for.
https://www.spglobal.com/commodityinsights/en/ci/research-analysis/nigerian-crude-oil-exports-to-approach-17-million-bd-in-2020.html

We can have a civil conversation.
We can agree to disagree, but do not make it a personal attack......lol
Calm down, no be fight.
See the tables below and also the source

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by iamtoofan: 10:15am On Apr 02
israelmao:

What was the exchange rate then?What was the foreign reserve then?What was the employment rate?Were most Nigerians crying of hunger then as it is today?

You people just argue like lame man, Lets start with what was the cost of living and minimum wage then
These is Nigeria where every precedessor turns out better than there successors after tenure .. its a "Pattern" think

Before you start appreciating and seeing #200/$1 of Jonathan era as the best was that the price GEJ inherited the economy.

The only way your arguement can make sense is if you can pinpoint ONE govt that drove dollar price below the inherited price undecided
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by tctrills: 10:17am On Apr 02
Asonaijaaso:

We can have a civil conversation.
We can agree to disagree, but do not make it a personal attack......lol
Calm down, no be fight.
See the tables below and also the source
Dishonesty is not part of a civil conversation and I don't need to fight with you, I just pointed out your dishonesty.
One more thing here, hope you know that the low oil production figures of 2022 have very little to do with COVID-19. Please check the 2022 oil production figures for other oil-exporting countries and you will see that your only problem is bad leadership and not Covid 19.
Again, from the graph you resented, there is an acceleration in decline in 2022. This was exactly when the rest of the oil world was ramping up production.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Honestey: 10:18am On Apr 02
tctrills:

Oga if you know you are not a liar, post the records you are talking about here for all to see.
You claim that between 2020 and 2021 Nigeria was not selling oil? Haba.
Anyway how come other oil dependent nations have grown their wealth and economy after COVID 19 but Nigeria keeps complaining?

A nation of corrupt leaders is a sinking ship. All kinds of excuses are available for them to justify their efforts to make things work but only a fool will believe liars
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Offpoint1: 10:20am On Apr 02
freemanq:
He inherited it from Labor party, Abi na April Fool be dis no? how can someone in Apc be saying this after much praises of buhari administration
grin They are shameless. Buhari was the best thing to them, it's now they're realising their team leader was a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by tctrills: 10:20am On Apr 02
Honestey:

A nation of corrupt leaders is a sinking ship. All kinds of excuses are available for them to justify their efforts to make things work but only a fool will believe liars
Dont mind them
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Asonaijaaso: 10:21am On Apr 02
tctrills:

Dishonesty is not part of a civil conversation and I don't need to fight with you, I just pointed out your dishonesty.
One more thing here, hope you know that the low oil production figures of 2022 have very little to do with COVID-19. Please check the 2022 oil production figures for other oil-exporting countries and you will see that your only problem is bad leadership and not Covid 19.

Different opinion doesn't equate dishonesty.
I do not agree with what you are saying, i havent called you names.....i am very capable of calling you names......dont forget.
Say what you have. If you disagree, its allowed, but shouting dishonest just reeks of being uncouth without online manners or etiquettes.
Just giving you the benefit of the doubt, that i am actually talking with a sane person.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Monday60655(m): 10:25am On Apr 02
So after all the praises on Buhari, same APC is now vomiting this thrash. This is a sign of confused party with no direction.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by tctrills: 10:27am On Apr 02
Asonaijaaso:

Different opinion doesn't equate dishonesty.
I do not agree with what you are saying, i havent called you names.....i am very capable of calling you names......dont forget.
Say what you have. If you disagree, its allowed, but shouting dishonest just reeks of being uncouth without online manners or etiquettes.
Just giving you the benefit of the doubt, that i am actually talking with a sane person.
Oga you said Nigeria did not export oil during the COVID years. How is that not a lie?
If you feel my calling out your outright lies is uncouth, just know that I am not sorry. There was just no need for your lies. It's very disrespectful.
You do it because you think others are so dumb that they wouldn't find out.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Asonaijaaso: 10:37am On Apr 02
tctrills:

Oga you said Nigeria did not export oil during the COVID years. How is that not a lie?
If you feel my calling out your outright lies is uncouth, just know that I am not sorry. There was just no need for your lies. It's very disrespectful.
You do it because you think others are so dumb that they wouldn't find out.

Do you know the meaning of hyperbole ?
Do you know the meaning of relativity ?
For a country producing over 3 million barrels , dropping to less than 1 million barrel.....Are able to grasp my point.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by WizardOfNG: 10:43am On Apr 02
Wainey:
Blame game, if he can't fix the country, he should just step aside for someone else.

Nobody force am to become president.

You obviously did not read the article to note the part below.

The President’s long-term vision, driven by proactive policy towards achieving sustainable economic recovery, is slowly yielding fruits.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by mrblessed(m): 10:46am On Apr 02
Yes, that's from PDP. Shame!
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by MrSly(m): 10:46am On Apr 02
Kosiso12:
“Tinubu’s govt inherited the worst economic challenges so far in Nigeria’s history” – APC senator

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/tinubus-govt-inherited-the-worst-economic-challenges-so-far-in-nigerias-history-apc-senator/
APC is both dumb and shameless. APC handed over to APC. Tinubu was part of the government unofficially and officially. He even held that Buhari served well. Kayemo also held that Tinubu would continue the good work criminality of una st. Buhari( the man that is never aware and always in shock) so what's the fuss for?
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by MrSly(m): 10:50am On Apr 02
Antiurchins:
The westerners are not yet serious, when they're serious they'll hit the streets with massive protests!

Kindly note that the protest must start from the West, to avoid them calling any region hater of Nigeria and Yorubas!
It doesn't have e to start from waste but it will definitely start there because the hunger they creates to spite the igbos is consuming them now. A clear case of ochu nwa okuko...
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Ategberoson(m): 10:56am On Apr 02
Wainey:
This is a post where your fellow axxhole thought I was Tinubu supporter.

Your brain is used to defend politician

Swear with your life and stop ranting

Anambra people who criticize obi in the past are now seeing him as political idol
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Teejaney88(m): 10:57am On Apr 02
This is the BITTER truth but where were you when Buhari was destroying Nigeria
Infact we can clearly remember when the man in charge now said he will continue from where Buhari stopped.
The question now is, what should we expect at the end of Tinubu's presidency
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by tctrills: 11:01am On Apr 02
Asonaijaaso:

Do you know the meaning of hyperbole ?
Do you know the meaning of relativity ?
For a country producing over 3 million barrels , dropping to less than 1 million barrel.....Are able to grasp my point.
Oga so you want to convert your lies to hyperbole. I see.
Again which year did Nigeria sell 3 million bpd?
Finally, even from your graphs, Nigeria was doing more than 1 million bpd during the said years. Or is the hyperbole again?
Nigerias fall in oil production has little to do with COVID and more to do with bad governance

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by israelmao(m): 11:04am On Apr 02
[quote author=iamtoofan post=129228433
You people just argue like lame man, Lets start with what was the cost of living and minimum wage then
These is Nigeria where every precedessor turns out better than there successors after tenure .. its a "Pattern" thinkBefore you start appreciating and seeing #200/$1 of Jonathan era as the best was that the price GEJ inherited the economy.
The only way your arguement can make sense is if you can pinpoint ONE govt that drove dollar price below the inherited price undecided[/quote]

Never in the history of had Nigeria experienced the kind of exchange rate and hunger crisis we have now.Check the marginal difference between one preceding goverment and successive government in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Treadway: 11:11am On Apr 02
Asonaijaaso:

Go and check the records on oil sales.
Not zero completely
But when it costs $60 to extract per barrel and you sell it for $50 ? what is that ?
Is that not less than zero.
Do you trade oil futures ?
the thing with telling lies is you now have to tell more lies to sustain the previous lies, a slippery slope🤣🤣. It is currently at the highest ever this 2024 at $48, largely again due to the effects of devaluation. We weren't extracting oil in 2020 at $60 a barrel, we weren't even extracting it for close to the current $48. The internet dey so it is very easy to know what's what.

See as e add almost $30 jara. Lori iro!!😝

Tctrills weldone jare

https://punchng.com/nigerias-48-per-barrel-oil-production-cost-global-highest-faleke/#:~:text=%E2%80%9COver%20the%20years%2C%20Nigeria's%20cost,of%20over%20%2448%20per%20barrel.

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by RodgersAkpafu: 11:20am On Apr 02
Racoon:
APC handing over the worst economy from another APC government yet they same ACN-APC praised the CPC-APC as the best thing after slice bread? Expecting the usual zombies to hail on as usual.
To them
Everything is a game
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Blackdisciple(m): 11:27am On Apr 02
Says APC oo..
And APC is the last administration so what is APC is saying useless people
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by IbeOkehie: 11:29am On Apr 02
Antiurchins:
The westerners are not yet serious, when they're serious they'll hit the streets with massive protests!

Kindly note that the protest must start from the West, to avoid them calling any region hater of Nigeria and Yorubas!

No tribe will protest against their own son or religious brethren who is President. It will NEVER happen.

That's why diversity is dangerous in a working democracy. People are swayed by affiliation not good policy.

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Wainey: 11:37am On Apr 02
WizardOfNG:

You obviously did not read the article to note the part below.

then they should stop complaining.
We all knew he inherited a faulty country, all we want is for him to fix it and put smiles back on the faces of Nigerians, if he can't do that, he should vacate that sit
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by Atlantis585: 11:40am On Apr 02
Nonsense talk. Was it not the same APC in power today that has been ruling Nigeria for past 9 years?

Even One useless idiotic nuisance from Benue on this Nairaland mnbbq loved the nepotism filled and ncompetent buffooon Buhari so much that he was all over the place shouting and calling him his darling daddy.

And today things are so hard for him after brain resetting that he has moved back to his mothers house. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by IbeOkehie: 11:46am On Apr 02
iamtoofan:

The only way your arguement can make sense is if you can pinpoint ONE govt that drove dollar price below the inherited price undecided

Whatever, the Buhari APC government was the worst of them all. That's the point. The fall in naira value was WORST from 2015 to 2023. You know it and everyone knows it.

We also know why. Tinubu as far back as 2014 was prescribing massive printing of naira as a way to revive the economy. Once APC got into government that is exactly what they did and the result is runaway inflation and crash on naira value.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/slum-oil-prices-progressive-way-bola-tinubu-2/

That's what Nigerians voted for sha so there's no problem. Every people get the government they deserve. One hopes President Tinubu has learned some good lessons.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by tctrills: 12:22pm On Apr 02
Treadway:
the thing with telling lies is you now have to tell more lies to sustain the previous lies, a slippery slope🤣🤣. It is currently at the highest ever this 2024 at $48, largely again due to the effects of devaluation. We weren't extracting oil in 2020 at $60 a barrel, we weren't even extracting it for close to the current $48. The internet dey so it is very easy to know what's what.

See as e add almost $30 jara. Lori iro!!😝

Tctrills weldone jare

https://punchng.com/nigerias-48-per-barrel-oil-production-cost-global-highest-faleke/#:~:text=%E2%80%9COver%20the%20years%2C%20Nigeria's%20cost,of%20over%20%2448%20per%20barrel.
The guy has no shame
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by mmsen: 12:55pm On Apr 02
Remind us again how Buhari became president...

Was it not Tinubu who pushed him upon Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu Inherited The Worst Economic Challenges So Far In Nigeria’s History - APC by iamtoofan: 1:14pm On Apr 02
IbeOkehie:

Whatever, the Buhari APC government was the worst of them all. That's the point. The fall in naira value was WORST from 2015 to 2023. You know it and everyone knows it.

We also know why. Tinubu as far back as 2014 was prescribing massive printing of naira as a way to revive the economy. Once APC got into government that is exactly what they did and the result is runaway inflation and crash on naira value.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/slum-oil-prices-progressive-way-bola-tinubu-2/

That's what Nigerians voted for sha so there's no problem. Every people get the government they deserve. One hopes President Tinubu has learned some good lessons.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Funnily ! in real sense Worst cannot be over exaggerated.
Like i said before an overview of past administration till today as proven every precedessor left the economy better than the successor ..

There is no way we can pin Buhari Failure on Tinubu, just as you only see the bad advise Tinubu gave, i can list out cautions & good advice Tinubu gave Buhari which he refuse to adhere to as well ..

I think its too early to write of Tinubu govt, even though he took off on the wrong foot the possibility of retracing his step and setting the nation on the right path is very HIGH ..

I am not asking you to hope BuT lets wait n see

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Defected Lawmakers Are Like Malaria Parasites In APC’s Body – Sagay / LP Is Popular Because Nigerians Are Frustrated With Our Party — Salihu Lukman / 1.2billion Okonjo Iweala Mansion, We Stand By Our Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.