Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 (6077 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ / Oil Price Hits $90 Per Barrel For First Time Since 2014 / Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Jomonix: 12:27pm On Apr 02
Great news. I apply for peace in our great country.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by anonimi: 12:27pm On Apr 02
Mikuni:
Good news. As a forex trader, we know that when a country increases its interest rate, the corresponding currency appreciates on the long term.

Nigeria has not just increased her interest rate, but also our main stay - petroleum is now more valuable. That's a big plus for the currency.

A big plus for Tinubu's N300 exchange rate target.

World Bank offers Nigeria forex rate advice, as Tinubu eyes N200/Dollar rate
April 23, 2023

Tinubu, during his campaign, said he would harmonize the fiscal and monetary policy to achieve immediate stabilisation of the value of the naira against the US dollar.

The President-elect said he would work with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to bring down the exchange rate to N200 in his first term.

“My administration will collaborate with the Central Bank to harmonize the fiscal and monetary policy to achieve immediate stabilization of the value of the naira against the US dollars and other currencies and in the short term, strengthen the naira by boosting the supply of foreign currency and moderating demand.

“The short-term goal is to achieve a naira/dollar rate of 300 naira/US$ and gradually achieve a less than 200 naira rate over the next four years,” Tinubu stated.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/world-bank-offers-nigeria-forex-rate-advice-as-tinubu-eyes-n200-dollar-rate/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Basic123: 12:28pm On Apr 02
UHLmoving:

Nigeria's crude oil should be sold for Naira. Any country that wants our oil should buy it in Naira, and then zero importation of petroleum products - the government should enable refineries to refine the fuels we need.

that is one of the potent ways to increase the value of the Naira.

But guess what, Neither Tinubu nor his predecessors have the guts to demand Naira from US buyers. They are scared that foreign buyers might dish our oil.

And non of their successors will have the gut.

Dollars is the world currency!

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Kukutente23: 12:34pm On Apr 02
Ejyksneh:
From time immemorial, anything that associates with sadwest ewedu munchers depreciates to oblivion, especially if the ewedu muncher is a head slammers.

With this understanding, I used and dumped one lady who is yaríba ewedu muncher, she loved me with her life but I ha.ted everything about her including her foot marks on the floor......I climbed and nuts inside her smelly cunt every night I'm less busy, she has the trade mark of sadwest ladies, which is black smelly yansh......she cried to pulp the day i dumped her....she is a bad luck safe for her bedmatic quality, she is evil.

I advise well meaning Nigerians to avoid ewedu munchers for their own good

I hope you cum after writing this cause that's the only sense that can come from writing this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:04pm On Apr 02
Nigerian govt have seen another reason to increase fuel price to N800 or N900!
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Rufai1314(m): 1:15pm On Apr 02
Bad news for the citizens of country without working refinery
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Splashme: 1:36pm On Apr 02
Great
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by tubolancer(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02
Ejyksneh:
From time immemorial, anything that associates with sadwest ewedu munchers depreciates to oblivion, especially if the ewedu muncher is a head slammers.

With this understanding, I used and dumped one lady who is yaríba ewedu muncher, she loved me with her life but I ha.ted everything about her including her foot marks on the floor......I climbed and nuts inside her smelly cunt every night I'm less busy, she has the trade mark of sadwest ladies, which is black smelly yansh......she cried to pulp the day i dumped her....she is a bad luck safe for her bedmatic quality, she is evil.

I advise well meaning Nigerians to avoid ewedu munchers for their own good
Eleyi ti ni problem. This one don get problem. Curse be the Yoruba girl wey dey open her legs for you.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Konquest: 2:37pm On Apr 02
Mikuni:
Good news. As a forex trader, we know that when a country increases its interest rate, the corresponding currency appreciates on the long term.

Nigeria has not just increased her interest rate, but also our main stay - petroleum is now more valuable. That's a big plus for the currency.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Konquest: 2:40pm On Apr 02
ijustdey:

Crude oil prices, on Monday, increased to a five-month high.

Brent crude increased by 0.56 percent to $87.54 a barrel while US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude rose 0.79 percent, to $83.83 percent, at 20.00 WAT.

Consequently, the development puts both crude benchmarks on track for their highest closes since October 27, 2023.

This is above the $77.96 per barrel the federal government benchmarked as oil price in the 2024 budget.

It is also higher than the $65 per barrel used by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited to calculate the allocated (90,000 barrels) crude in the $3.3 billion crude-for-cash loan agreement with African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank).

NNPC, in a statement on January 21, had said if “oil prices rise, more money will come in from selling the 90,000 barrels, allowing for faster repayment. However, if oil prices fall, the repayment may be slower”.

“The quantity of crude earmarked (90,000 barrels) is sized to ensure enough cash is available for the repayment of the facility when it is due,” NNPC said.

“This also ensures that NNPC Limited can meet other cash flow obligations, considering the expected future price of crude oil globally.”

NNPC said oil prices are highly unpredictable, meaning prices can fluctuate within any given period.

Meanwhile, the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), on March 13, said Nigeria’s average daily crude oil production dropped to 1.32 million barrels per day (bpd) in February.

However, OPEC’s secondary sources put Nigeria’s crude production at 1.476 million bpd — a 3.29 percent uptick from the 1.429 million bpd reported by the oil cartel in January this year.

https://www.thecable.ng/crude-oil-price-rises-to-87-per-barrel-highest-since-october-2023/amp?/crude-oil-price-rises-to-87-per-barrel-highest-since-october-2023
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by predictor1: 2:53pm On Apr 02
tubolancer:
Eleyi ti ni problem. This one don get problem. Curse be the Yoruba girl wey dey open her legs for you.
He's fantasizing about Yoruba girls. You should know he's lying. Usually it's Yoruba men who gets Ibo girls easily.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by stasius: 3:03pm On Apr 02
But I heard Buhari has sold the crude oil in advance when he was the minister of petroleum.

Will they pay us the balance now that the price is up?
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by atobs4real(m): 3:30pm On Apr 02
anonimi:

Are you talking about the Afreximbank loan to stabilise our exchange rate

Who brought the problems?
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by commoditiesnig: 5:20pm On Apr 02
INTEGRITYA1:
Good, that will help us to make more money.
Make Government try to channel our resources rightly for the betterment of all and sundry.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless me.
Very true
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by alt3r3g0: 5:32pm On Apr 02
wink2015:
NIGERIA GO AND FACE AGRICULTURE

Crude oil money does not reflect true wealth of Nigeria as it is only the south south region that all the states focus their attention on for resources.

Insecurity is one of the major things affecting agriculture in Nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Good2go1: 8:32pm On Apr 02
Are you saying you are not aware he borrowed billions of dollars to stabilize naira?
CodeTemplar:
We have idea where oga Bola and Yemi are getting the dollars they are posing with in forex market.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $87 Per Barrel — Highest Since October 2023 by Splashme: 8:38pm On Apr 02
No more excuses

(1) (2) (Reply)

UAE Grants 3 Years Employment Visa To 170 Ex-mend Militants / PHOTOS: Canadians Take Matters Into Their Own Hands… Do THIS To Muslim Mosque / Breaking: APC Now Have 86 Senators Out 109 And Counting..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.