Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo (433 Views)

Policeman, Trying To Shoot John Nani Ex-Delta Commissioner, Kills His Colleague / Shites Storm Abuja, Kill A Deputy Police Commissioner / Lagos Deputy Police Commissioner Stood Beside Sanwo-olu With Worn-out Zipper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by supremedermatol: 2:19pm On Apr 02
A Deputy Commissioner of Police serving with the Force Criminal and Investigation Department, Alagbon, Lagos State, Gbolahan Oyedemi, on Monday, reportedly committed suicide in his private house in his hometown, Ogbomoso, Oyo State.

The PUNCH reports that Oyedemi was the Aide de Camp to the late former Governor of the state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, during his 11-month tenure as defacto governor in 2006.

A source close to the family told our correspondent on the telephone on Tuesday in Ibadan, the state capital, that Oyedemi, who normally visited his hometown during the Easter celebrations, told his aides at the weekend to go to their various towns to celebrate with their family members.

The source said, “Yes, he committed suicide. His body was found hanging in his house yesterday (Monday). He stays alone, and he normally comes home for Easter celebrations.

“This time, he told his aides to go and celebrate with their family members in their various homes. Only God knows what could have prompted him to commit suicide.”

All efforts to get the reaction of the state Police Public Relations Officer, Adewale Osifeso, were unsuccessful, as his mobile number was unreachable.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/just-in-deputy-police-commissioner-kills-self-in-oyo/

Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by immortalcrown(m): 2:20pm On Apr 02
Since he had aides, hardship is probably not what prompted the alleged suicide.

Was his door locked from the inside? If no, it may not be suicide.

However, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by supremedermatol: 2:27pm On Apr 02
immortalcrown:
Since he had aides, hardship is probably not what prompted the alleged suicide.

Was his door locked from the inside? If no, it may not be suicide.

However, may his soul rest in peace.

good questions...God bless his soul and comfort and keep the ones he left behind
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by supremedermatol: 2:31pm On Apr 02
in ogbomoso fa
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by Pierocash(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02
i don't feel any empathy for police men when some kind of evil befalls them. i don't know if i am the only one
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by supremedermatol: 2:43pm On Apr 02
Pierocash:
i don't feel any empathy for police men when some kind of evil befalls them. i don't know if i am the only one
hmmm
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by 22o62021: 2:44pm On Apr 02
Curses too much for him
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by supremedermatol: 2:46pm On Apr 02
22o62021:
Curses too much for him
fear God o
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by seborrhic: 2:46pm On Apr 02
Strange because by all standards,this is someone that was very comfortable.
Could be pressure from issues in his private life
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by CodeTemplar: 2:53pm On Apr 02
Strange things.
Re: JUST IN: Deputy Police Commissioner Kills Self In Oyo by fergie001: 2:55pm On Apr 02

(1)

$25m Transformer Deal: FG, Interpol To Extradite Two Indicted Indians / When Will The Bombing In The Far-north Stop? / Are Judges And Lawyers The Most Corrupt People In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.