Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? (201 Views)

What Is The Function Of This Net That Comes With A Gas Cylinder? (Photo) / Woman's Wedding Ring Refuses To Be Removed, Finger Set To Be Cut - Facebook User / Married Women Reveal Shocking Reasons Why They Take Off Their Wedding Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by Melagros(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02
COMRADES, sometime ago, my former colleague said that his wedding ring is rusty, that he will buy a new one and take it to his priest to bless it for continues usage. I was speechless in all these!

COMRADES, When I was in Abuja, I boarded a bus sitting next to me was a married woman (unknown to me), then she cautioned me that 'young man no dey look me twice oo, I be married woman, see wedding ring for my finger', I behaved myself immediately. There was a day I was sitting outside my house, and two ladies were passing by and some guys were eying the ladies, and I overheard the ladies saying; 'this one wei these guys dey eye us like this, they no see us with wedding rings?'

COMRADES, last week, I went to the market to buy foodstuffs and I stood side by side with a married woman, fearlessly, the woman in her wedding ring approached me, to my amazement, held my wrist and said; 'uncle I like this your watch oo, you go buy my own too, when I responded, no wahala! Then she said, you no asked for my address, how you go take locate me? Instantly, she fed me with her address and believe me, her shop was not more than 400metres from where we were standing

COMRADES, let me not dwell much on women only, my former boss (the most senior manager in the organisation) too, doesn't joke with displaying his wedding ring publicly, but anytime I entered his office for an update; if an ordinary female guest visits him, she seats at the opposite direction of his chair, but when his otherwoman comes in, she seats by his side and rub shoulders together with him. Another of colleague too, was the one in charge of the site, he was making money from pilfering diesel, sometimes he'll lodge in a hotel with his mistress and lied to his wife that, our boss is in town, for that reason he can't come back home today

COMRADES, day before yesterday, when my girlfriend visited me (abeg I no do anything oo), she was lamenting that her boss in his wedding ring is happily married and blessed with kids is making advances to her, that if he continues making such advances, she will have no other option than to resign, she also said that her boss wife suspended the other secretary because it came to the notice of the wife that the secretary is having an affair with her husband, that my baby's boss even established a standard beauty salon for the girl

Distinguished COMRADES, my questions are; what's the function of wedding rings in marriage? Is it not to keep a spouse out of adultery or fornication?
After being blessed by the Holy Spirit as being proclaimed by the priest/ pastor or imam, does it effect cease to function immediately after the wedding day?
Doesn't the wedding ring prevent a spouse from fornicating or cheating in marriage anymore?
Is the wedding ring symbolic or literal?
Does it have, African, religious roots, or it is just a western culture?
Please somebody should educate me
Thank you!
Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by shortgun(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02
It's a symbol representing imprisonment and commitment to a single partner. The shape of the ring is a circle, much like the endless loop of a circle, your imprisonment and commitment to that individual will last forever.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by Melagros(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02
shortgun:
It's a symbol representing imprisonment and commitment to a single partner. The shape of the ring is a circle, much like the endless loop of a circle, your imprisonment and commitment to that individual will last forever.
Thank you very much for your input; you call it 'imprisonment and commitment' but it still baffles me seeing a spouse cheating in spite of the ring and goes without any repercussion
Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by Zonefree(m): 3:50pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

Thank you very much for your input; you call it 'imprisonment and commitment' but it still baffles me seeing a spouse cheating in spite of the ring and goes without any repercussion
You think wedding ring is 'anti-cheating' device? undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by chatinent: 5:00pm On Apr 02
Another white man's creation symbolising off the street, taken, or etcetera.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:26pm On Apr 02
No matter how corrupt the society is, we still have people who respect their marital rings, as well as people who avoid to tempt those with marriage rings, because they would know the person is married, therefore they just "keep off".

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by mystiqueB(m): 5:28pm On Apr 02
Well....it's just a symbol whose value is slightly insignificant in some marriages today.

No need for me to throw more light...make I stop here

1 Like

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by oluwaseyi0: 5:54pm On Apr 02
Even with the wedding ring you still see so many women (and even men) cheating

1 Like

Re: What Is The Function Of A Wedding Ring In Marriage? by Melagros(m): 7:19pm On Apr 02
Zonefree:

You think wedding ring is 'anti-cheating' device? undecided
I used to think so grin

(1) (Reply)

6.25 KVA Petrol Generator For Sale. / I Have Children In The Nigerian Navy, US Army - Ex. Oyo PMS Chair, Auxiliary / Buy Your Properties, Investments Is The Key,properties Banking Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.