Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment (52256 Views)

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union / UK Government Lobbying Hard To Cut Russia Off From SWIFT / Man Receives Beating Of His Life For Calling A Fuel Attendant 'monkey' In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by GistMedia0: 7:25pm On Apr 02
A man in the UK has recently come under scrutiny after receiving a formal warning from the government regarding a comment he made about the UK Prime Minister on social media. The letter, titled "Formal Warning Regarding Social Media Comments," has sparked a heated debate about freedom of speech and government intervention in online discourse.

The individual, whose identity remains anonymous, reportedly posted a comment on a popular social media platform criticizing a recent policy decision by the Prime Minister. Soon after, he was taken aback to find a letter addressed to him, delivered straight to his home.

The letter, which began with the ominous subject line "Formal Warning Regarding Social Media Comment," expressed concerns about the content of his social media post. It went on to state that the comment was deemed "inappropriate" and potentially harmful to public discourse. The government urged the individual to refrain from such commentary in the future and to be mindful of the impact of his words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLsOTkFi48E

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Zwooks: 7:31pm On Apr 02
Lol. These ones no dey clap back. They take the violence straight to your door step

299 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by DeeNet1: 7:31pm On Apr 02
The news is not complete, really want to know who he is and why his name was covered

I ✍🏾 write

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by CodeTemplar: 7:49pm On Apr 02
A responsible govt and not another that will kidnap you and hold you for weeks under inhuman conditions.

249 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by swagana: 7:53pm On Apr 02
Freedom of speech na scam.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by 89green: 7:56pm On Apr 02
Zwooks:
Lol. These ones no dey clap back. They take the violence straight to your door step

grin na direct to door step o, if the guy offend them again, dey will pick him up asap grin
My guy thought he was in Nigeria grin

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by SadiqBabaSani: 8:01pm On Apr 02
Tinubu boys introduced vulgar and cyber bullying to Nigeria, we shall serve it to them and there is nothing They will do. they can only try, they can not censor free speech in Nigeria.

GEJ is 10 times greater than Tinubu

146 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Lumarstone: 8:06pm On Apr 02
Vice versa, if it's in Nigeria now, especially here on nairaland forum, you observe Obident support group of Labour Party LP issueing warning to Agbadorians of APC.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by udma: 8:22pm On Apr 02
Good morning all, I humbly request your assistance. My name is Timothy, married with two children. I recently lost my job and have been facing challenges finding a new one. Providing for my family has become incredibly difficult, especially during these tough and uncertain times. We have a four-month-old baby, and my wife is struggling to breastfeed due to malnourishment. Any support for food would be greatly appreciated. May God bless you abundantly. My account number is available in my bio. God bless you abundantly everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by bonechamberlain(m): 8:24pm On Apr 02
angry

They are all trying to follow the WEF model.

When that evil man Klaus stated that the Chinese model of government is the best, I knew that soonest western countries might start relaxing on some democratic ideals.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by greenermodels: 8:25pm On Apr 02
In Nigeria, they'll kidnap him to Abuja, lock him in an underground cell and seize the key without ever charging him to court. Nigeria is a crime scene that is worse than a zoo.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by kingar(m): 8:25pm On Apr 02
Watch out for Nigeria version very soon.

APC govt and copy copy 5&6

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Goodlady(f): 8:25pm On Apr 02
Mtcheweeewwwwwwwwewweeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by naija4life247: 8:26pm On Apr 02
You never see anything

8 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by DropsMic(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02
Hmm
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by dfrost: 8:26pm On Apr 02
cheesy no time. Do anyhow, see anyhow.

5 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by ILoveNG: 8:26pm On Apr 02
Let say the sender is FG of NG, Obidents will hold a WhatsApp group meeting in less than 4 hours.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by rentAcock(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02
The West likes to preach about democracy and freedom of this and that but this is a prime example of them being hypocrits. Do as I say not do as I do. The UK is supposed to be the model democratic nation the whole world should look up to, but they are acting like communists. If Nigerians know what's best for them, they will evacuate the UK and other foreign countries before it's too late. A major war is brewing in the shadows and you people are flocking abroad.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by naija4life247: 8:27pm On Apr 02
CodeTemplar:
A responsible govt and not another that will kidnap you and hold you for weeks under inhuman conditions.

Can you now see that you need psychiatric evaluation? So you still dey clap for the UK government over this shameful act of theirs. You are as shameless as those you are clapping for

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Parydelegate: 8:27pm On Apr 02
Ok
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Truthshotcrazy: 8:27pm On Apr 02
swagana:
Freedom of speech na scam.
VERY DARK MAN is that you? grin
freedom of speech is indeed Guaranteed, but Freedom after speech is not Guaranteed cool

8 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by ud4u: 8:28pm On Apr 02
udma:
Thank God UK doesn't have DSS. He'll be in the cell already

Laugh

2 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Angelfrost(m): 8:28pm On Apr 02
He should count himself lucky not to be in a certain 3rd world nation...!

Make I hear say dem send you warning letter! Lol!

Country where dem go arrest and torture you till you lose every shred of human dignity. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Hezmatosky: 8:28pm On Apr 02
In my country, individuals are greater than institutions. Believe it or leave it, in my country there are people police has no power to arrest them or invite them, no matter what they say or does lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:28pm On Apr 02
If it's Nigeria, you won't be warned, you'll be silenced.

Those doubting me should go on Twitter and insult or abuse the Government then you'll know how far.

It's only on Nairaland people have guts to say rubb*sh because it's a faceless forum.

One has to be mindful of what he or she says in public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by ppogba: 8:29pm On Apr 02
CodeTemplar:

Wonderful.

All of a sudden, the government that has warned a citizen for expressing his opinion has suddenly become " responsible"

Only on Nairaland.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Praktikals1000: 8:29pm On Apr 02
angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Lukuluku69(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02
He critique a government policy.

So, where is the much vaunted Freedom of Speech?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by emkz: 8:31pm On Apr 02
In some countries, insulting their leaders would lead to dire consequences.

The way people insult Tinubu calling him all sorts of names, let them try it with the Ayatollah of Iran, Putin of Russia, Xi Jinping of China, King Salman of Saudi Arabia, Emir of Qatar, and Kim Jung un of North Korea.

In some jurisdictions, such abuse comes with the death penalty.

Let us stop abusing freedom in Nigeria. Such freedoms are not guaranteed elsewhere. Clearly, not in the UK.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by Caleb15(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02
The guy for just call MOD
Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by lozanni(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02
udma:
Thank God UK doesn't have DSS. He'll be in the cell already

They have something similar (MI5) which is responsible for domestic counter intelligence and security.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment by phorget(m): 8:32pm On Apr 02
I wish say nah me APC government go first write, I don too show dem shege online.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Donald Trump Revokes U.S Pro-Abortion Law / Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of The Presidential Race / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.