Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges (6063 Views)

Only Retired Judges Should Handle Election Petition Tribunals - Afe Babalola / Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money / Election Petitions Should Be Handled By Retired Judges – Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by tefund(m): 9:05am On Apr 03
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/okuama-police-not-army-should-probe-try-suspects-sans-retired-judges/amp/
See lamentation !The NA is operating with colonial mentality,urgent reform is needed ..
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by sweetkev(m): 9:17am On Apr 03
NOETHNICITY:
When I saw that police handed over suspect to the army I knew we are soooooooo backwards as a country
Do you still live in Nigeria ? That country is shit grin
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by olisaEze(m): 9:21am On Apr 03
Lol
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by donifecent(m): 9:35am On Apr 03
clarocuzioo:
This is exactly what I have been saaying. Institutions and agencies of government doing jobs that are outside of their constitutionally defined roles.

It is not the job of the army in the first instance to go and mediate peace between the two warring communities, it simply led to disaster.

Now the traditional ruler submitted himself to the police, the police instead of conducting their investigations, ignorantly handed the traditional ruler to the army. Thats very wrong.
We have to start respecting and observing rule of law in all strata of our National lives.

Police way they fear army, you want set police officers up
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Timmi: 9:37am On Apr 03
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/okuama-police-not-army-should-probe-try-suspects-sans-retired-judges/amp/

These SANs, most of them not qualified to be intellectually known as SANs but obtained SANs through sharing of envelopes, were quiet when the military men were murdered in the most gruesome way. But now, they are shouting on top of their lungs about who should conduct investigations? The army is conducting investigations and not trying the criminals. That entire village needs to be reduced to rubbles because these military men were setup to be ambushed. Remember, these military men were humans with family depending upon them.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Riskymarvelous(m): 9:47am On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

It's just that Nigeria is a country that everything operates upside down. Ordinarily, the Nigerian Army should have nothing to do with internal security, their job is external security. In civilised countries, nobody sees the Army, they are not allowed to leave the Barrak, and when they do, they leave in civilian clothing. The only time you should see the Army is when Nigeria is at war with another country. Abroad, you could live next door to a General and not know he is a General. When I lived on the same street as a Major General, in Apapa, Lagos, the Army virtually took over the street because of one man. Whenever the man is coming or going to work, you would think it is the President moving.

But we now have a situation where the Nigerian Army have virtually taken over the job of the Police. The Nigerian Army has no constitutional right to declare anyone wanted, they have no power to investigate anyone, they have no power to charge anyone to court. The Army is not a crime fighting organisation, that is not their training
gunmen wey get mind to kill over 16 soldiers nain police wan go do investigation for? Nnah no get sense at all aswear say nah Nigeria police wey don drink ogogoro (alcohol) nah dem wan go do investigation Dey go just kill dem like mosquito ,,,let the Nigeria military do their job abeg
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by teniboss(m): 9:52am On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

The Army has no right to investigate anyone, they don't even have an investigative section
oh really? The Army doesn’t have an investigative section?🤣
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Daeaad: 10:30am On Apr 03
True talk
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:36am On Apr 03
sweetkev:
Do you still live in Nigeria ? That country is shit grin
My brother we here trying to slug it out and make it right by God’s grace
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Malawian(m): 10:42am On Apr 03
I wonder why a party to the dispute (Army) should be the investigator.

Nigeria your country.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by robinso01(m): 10:49am On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

The Army has no right to investigate anyone, they don't even have an investigative section

But this is Nigeria.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by BondRiv: 10:49am On Apr 03
Good luck with that.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by arantess: 11:27am On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

It's just that Nigeria is a country that everything operates upside down. Ordinarily, the Nigerian Army should have nothing to do with internal security, their job is external security. In civilised countries, nobody sees the Army, they are not allowed to leave the Barrak, and when they do, they leave in civilian clothing. The only time you should see the Army is when Nigeria is at war with another country. Abroad, you could live next door to a General and not know he is a General. When I lived on the same street as a Major General, in Apapa, Lagos, the Army virtually took over the street because of one man. Whenever the man is coming or going to work, you would think it is the President moving.

But we now have a situation where the Nigerian Army have virtually taken over the job of the Police. The Nigerian Army has no constitutional right to declare anyone wanted, they have no power to investigate anyone, they have no power to charge anyone to court. The Army is not a crime fighting organisation, that is not their training

even internal terrorism like bokoram should actually be a police job if this country was normal...
I remeber Niniveh police was the first responders to ISIS and the jihadist, befor US came in for support

1 Like

Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Magicdon(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03
clarocuzioo:
This is exactly what I have been saaying. Institutions and agencies of government doing jobs that are outside of their constitutionally defined roles.

It is not the job of the army in the first instance to go and mediate peace between the two warring communities, it simply led to disaster.

Now the traditional ruler submitted himself to the police, the police instead of conducting their investigations, ignorantly handed the traditional ruler to the army. Thats very wrong.
We have to start respecting and observing rule of law in all strata of our National lives.

What do you expect na, the police were intimidated by the army
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Never4getU: 1:07pm On Apr 03
robinso01:
Normally, it is the duty of police to do the investigation.

The excesses of the Nigerian army is too much.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Patojargz: 2:11pm On Apr 03
Normally, but we dey zoo
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Blakjewelry(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

Lol if not army involvements in internal security, I bet you won't even be able to sleep in your house. Most of these area were there is active oil bunkering there are a lot of militant there who are not afraid of the police. Infact the police won't even want to go close, it is only the army they are afraid of.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by uwuana: 3:59pm On Apr 03
Jayhome24:
Story for the God. And you called yourself retired SAN so tell us the difference between police and army in this situation? Police can focus on those 4 police killed but for the 17 military killed the millitary will do their trial and sentence them accordingly.

When you have kids and you refused to train him he will go out there and bring rain of evil and weeping upon your household.

I can never support nonsense. I can not be so stupid to say because those cursed jihaddist animals in the North vowed to ruined their land and for that reason we in the South should likewise ruin our own land, no way its nott going to happen.

And for those of you talking nonsense here go now and free those arrested and lets see. Motherfuckers bastards.
did you know better than those SANs? What's the highest level of education you have attained in your life? Nothing more than to be on naira land and be spewing rubbish, useless idiot.
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by babyfaceafrica: 4:41pm On Apr 03
All these ones is noise.... Army will flush out those who killed 16 soldiers
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Aboks(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03
[quote author=uwuana post=129249975]get lost useless idiot, what did you know? Retarded bastard, I spit on your grave
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by luluman: 8:12pm On Apr 03
Aboks:

Who told u that, dont say what u dont know
B better shut up if you know nothing
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:34pm On Apr 03
gidgiddy:

In Nigeria the army is the judge, jury and executioner!
Re: Okuama: Police, Not Army Should Probe, Try Suspects — SANs, Retired Judges by Houseontherock1: 6:59am On Apr 04
ABANGWABOI:
E no go better for those useless Sans , judges and their papa...
Let them come and stop the army nah... Baztardz
You are one of the reasons Nigeria won't work! Illegality will never solve the problem of illegality, it will only complicate thingsundecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu Speech To Hamas / CNN To Rotimi Amaechi,you Are Nigeria's Most Corrupt Politician / People Of Enugu West Offers To Buy Guber Nomination Form For Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.