Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package (53523 Views)

Airtel Bis Now N1000 For 3gb On Only Bb Device And N1500 For 3gb On All Devices / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% / Mtn Blackberry Plan Is Now N1000 A Month- instead of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by mamale8(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
Mtn is unserious, 200 mb is an insult, even if all I do is ping and chk mails
They shud just keep their bis plans to theirself, not like their service is stable
Way better than other operators.can't wait for number portability,
I will surely take my pound of flesh against them angry
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by LordReed(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
@Passyjango
No Blackberry and other smart phones do not access the same infrastructure in a sense. Yes they both go through the same cell site but BB traffic is routed through RIMs servers which compresses the data for quicker delivery to BB phones. When you add other compressions like that offered by Opera then you can understand why the networks can offer cheaper access to BB users.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Konnektions146(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Passyjango
No Blackberry and other smart phones do not access the same infrastructure in a sense. Yes they both go through the same cell site but BB traffic is routed through RIMs servers which compresses the data for quicker delivery to BB phones. When you add other compressions like that offered by Opera then you can understand why the networks can offer cheaper access to BB users.

MY LORD REED, yu re on point
BB data is routed tru RIMs servers and they monitor DATA usage and thus the Service Providers pays and that y there is a separate subscription plan for BLACKBERRY DEVICES, but there is a flat rate, and its applicable to all the networks, so y cant they give good offer if not better offer. its a simple case of Extortion.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by yamakuza: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
sinade1:

Google owns Android, and android phones have Gtalk.

ya. I know.

But, Nokia used to offer BB Connect on some models, and Sony Ericsson too.

Just dont know if thats still in vogue and if any run on Android.

Thanks
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by eros(m): 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
Okay this is it. Am done with MTN for good.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by thebigdon1: 5:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
Mtn is like d federal govt, cunny wit service, glo is better cos dey give 3.5gb data nd full bis 4 N1400 only. Bone mtn jo,
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by ayolinger(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
#Nyah!; Like I care, I browse #75 Per day on Airtel Social Day and Have no probs with that, Once use MTN, but with a Bad Network i tried Glo and it keep going back to GSM and small edge instead of Capital EDGE, Airtel work Good for me at the Moment so am not worried about the EmptyHead Network,
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Walala(m): 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
Whats the best price/service/ data usage for Laptop broadband cards and also Ipads and iPhones?
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Bad internet service
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by grock1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2011
Mtn don mad, 200mb? When glo dey offer 3gig. Hahahahah. I can't believe dis. Glo is still d best. And I dey enjoy the 3gig wella. Downloading movies and stuffs with it
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2011
these people are thieves, i just renewed my bis yesterday for 3k!!!, mschew
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
MTN BlackBerry Plans

BIS Unlimited - Weekly
7 days
N1000
10 email accounts, 1 Blackberry email account, BBM, Unlimited Internet access, Social Networking, BlackBerry App world.
Blackberry Protect.

BIS Unlimited – Monthly*
30 days
N3000
10 email accounts, 1 Blackberry email account, BBM, Unlimited Internet access, Social Networking, BlackBerry App world.
Blackberry Protect.

BIS Unlimited - Quarterly*
90 days
N8000
10 Personal email accounts, 1 Blackberry email account, BBM, Unlimited Internet access, Social Networking, BlackBerry App world.
Blackberry Protect.

BIS Complete Weekly
7 days
N500
1 email account ( e.g. Google, yahoo), 1 Blackberry email account, BBM, Internet access, Social Networking, BlackBerry App world.

BBCWEEK to 21600
30 days
N1500
1 email account ( e.g. Google, yahoo), 1 Blackberry email account, BBM, Internet access, Social Networking, BlackBerry App world.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by henryskywalker2003(m): 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2011
Another first from emptyhen
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by mrofficial(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
Only BBM without any other thing will finish the 200MB in 1 week. MTN is Foolish!

Glo, CoMonth is just 1k4. 3GB data. I don't even use to1.5GB every month.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by passyjango(m): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Passyjango

In the final analysis it is the same infrastructure. Yes, BB is routed through RIM but correct me if am wrong, what the network charges you is for upload/download on your phone (after compression on RIM servers) via their network and not for what goes through RIM's server. So it is the same final infrastructure that we all use.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Elprinz(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
Stingy b*stards!
Empty-N
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by passyjango(m): 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Passyjango

In the final analysis it is the same infrastructure. Yes, BB is routed through RIM but correct me if am wrong, what the network charges you is for upload/download on your phone (after compression on RIM servers) via their network and not for what goes through RIM's server. So it is the same final infrastructure that we all use.

I just want you to understand the reasons why operators are shifting towards limited BB data bundles and to prepare your mind for future price increments until an equilibrium point is reached. BB usage pattern is changing and data demand rising putting a toll on network infrastructure, so networks are reevaluating pricing (basic economics) to institute responsible usage of resources.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by luluosas(m): 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
DOGI DOPE:

pls what is blackberry?is it a take away food?
I nearly pee in my pants now now.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Wadosky(m): 2:14am On Nov 18, 2011
GLO all the way,mtn is crap with dia 200mb,a big insult to Nigerians.GLO I love u soooo much but still increase urs to 4gb so we can send mtn back to SA
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by emynem05(m): 2:31am On Nov 18, 2011
A̶̲̥̅♏ using glo 3G for 1.4k fink is D̶̲̥̅​​​ cheapest.
Plz does anyone knw A̶̲̥̅ software Ȋ̝̊̅ can use to download large files wif M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ bb ? Wil b grateful
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by matos(m): 5:35am On Nov 18, 2011
stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network stingy network
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by smartkachi: 6:15am On Nov 18, 2011
Plz is this defferent from glo comonth
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2011
Mtn never ready. What a joke. Нª. =D нª =D нª. =D нª нª
«» «». «»
^ ^. ^Нª
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Mcbussy(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2011
₪ǻ God go punish dat Empty Hen, Who A̶̲̅я̲̣ε̲̣ they offering 200mb??¶ don't blame dem sha,its Nigerians dat rather be ripped off ¶ blame.all dis fuzz about MTN being the leading network,but we fail 2 realize dat its at the detriment of the pocket of an average nigerian. Even in UK where they don't suffer terrible unemployment rate Ãήϑ low income like us,full BIS costs just £5,Ãήϑ dats about #1250, shame on MTN.they make everything even more difficult for Nigerians because they dictate the pace of telecommunication in Nigeria.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by neyo7: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2011
Research has shown that a little more than 80% of BB subs actually use less than 200MB of data even when the data plan was unlimited. So i don't see this as a problem to the BB complete package.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2011
@passyjango
Data compression means I get the same at less cost this means your iphone/Nokia phone is using more bandwidth than my blackberry. A network provider will definitely want to promote the use of data compression because his margin will be higher. Yes he is charging me for upload/download but mine is less than yours which allows the network to offer me more. Its a game of numbers and the network operator gains more the more I use the service.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by montezz(f): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2011
i get 2 nd half mnths old Nokia N8 up 4 grabs for just a paltry 48,000 grand. Pls anybody intrested shld act fast. Cal me on
08062707875 . It's very clean nd pretty
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by montezz(f): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2011
i get 2 nd half mnths old Nokia N8 up 4 grabs for just a paltry 48,000 grand. Pls anybody intrested shld act fast. Cal me on
08062707875 . It's very clean nd pretty
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
i have paid for the mtn bbc bundle because its betta dan nuffin to me,
i'll divide d 200mb by 6.67 per day
besides, its small, but NEPA will help me keep up within that range>>
sad sad sad sad
glo gave me excess mb, but deir wacko network has not allowed me to be able to use up to 1mb,

no wahala, 200mb is too small, but am enjoying it for now,

tnx to NEPA>
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by scorpiogal(f): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
*not intrested*
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by ophicer: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2011
i subscribed to the glo N1,400 bis. i could not use up to 200mb it was complete rubbish i had to return back to my mtn.
Re: MTN Crashes Blackberry Price To N1500 For Full Package by Dgunnerz(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
ophicer:

i subscribed to the glo N1,400 bis. i could not use up to 200mb it was complete rubbish i had to return back to my mtn.
rubbish as how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / Man Calls Out Google Maps For Nearly Causing Problem In His Marriage / Plz Help Me.how Do I Subscribe To A Bb Plan On A New Tecno N7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.