Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers (12978 Views)

Why Don’t Nigerian Employers Adopt Hourly Pay? / Tips On How To Avoid Being Fired / Equipment Used By 30 Abia Shoemakers For Training In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by chiefolododo(m): 7:37am On Apr 04
Natbrowny:
The moment they say WE ARE LIKE A FAMILY HERE. JUST KNOW THAT THEY WILL USE YOU AND MESS U UP PSYCHOLOGICALLY
flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by ObalendeCMS: 9:27am On Apr 04
I can't work under a Nigerian boss for more than 3 months. I usually get sick of their nonsense & sharply "sack" myself.

The last place I worked, my superior will intentionally shout at me & try to make me feel incompetent. One day, I called him & asked him why he's mean to me & the reply he gave made me resign the next day.

He said he did it to make the oga at the top see him as a diligent staff that carried the company for head!
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by drezzyx(m): 9:49am On Apr 04
danvon:

I use to believe this, but I learnt this is not always true

Sometimes appearances is just as important as reality, taking more responsibility might make you look desperate, like you don't have options, and nobody likes a beggar, (there are more movies made about criminals than beggars), the employers would never double your salary infact they would come believe they are doing you a big favour by paying you at all.

You can be hardworking but always add a little touch of selfishness and self respect, it makes them value you more.
You are absolutely right
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by ngmoses17(m): 9:50am On Apr 04
Fatbam005:
Beggers have no choice. All diz English no fit work in Nigeria. As you dey pull out thousand dey queue up to do the same work with little pay and much work load. Dey play my fans

A very unreasonable talk
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Fatbam005: 1:34pm On Apr 04
ngmoses17:

A very unreasonable talk
You are a proud low lifer that is the reason for your public outcry. Imp
Re: Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers by Desmondum: 7:11am On Apr 06
justmi1:
It is a 2 edged sword. I have worked as an employee, as a manager and now I run my business with about 40 workers. I can tell you an employee would feel used by his boss until he starts his own business and employ people. Most workers don't care about your business just as you feel employers over use thier staff. As for me I identify people that take my business seriously and prioritise them. The matter long, you need to have experienced both to understand better.
But most times when you (employers) see people that put in their all for your work, you neglect them and go for lazy people with high "eye-service skill", because you believe they're smarter.

God never disappoints anyway, 'cause these eye service skilled folks end up messing everything up in your business. This happens more than what you can imagine in Africa, esp in Nigeria.

An average Nigeria employer believes badass makes a good leader.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Men Love Working Women / 9 Steps To Take Before Quitting Your Job!!! / Please How Do I Know That My Company Remmited The Tax Deducted From My Salary To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.