Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,041 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down (1175 Views)

Petrol Stations Shut Down In Kano As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder / Petrol: Lagos Fuel Stations Shut Down Over Speculation Of Pump Price Hike / Enugu Residents Battle Water Scarcity Again, Buy Sachet Water For Bathing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 7:57am On Apr 04
Is there fuel scarcity again?
Only MRS around Elegushi /Ikate is selling with queues.

Most Filling stations are not selling. APC RETROGRESSION.

Updated

Fuel Queues Cause Gridlock In Lagos, Ogun Amid Fear Of Looming Scarcity

In some parts of Lagos and Ogun states, the queues of desperate motorists in some of the filling stations affected the free flow of traffic.

Fuel queues on Friday resurfaced in Lagos and Ogun states as petroleum marketers say the non-availability of Premium Motor Spirit in filling stations is as a result of shortage in supply.

Similarly, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited confirmed that there were no products in its Apapa depots.

The long queues resurfaced in filling stations across the two states on Friday, creating fear of impending fuel scarcity.

In some parts of Lagos and Ogun states, the queues of desperate motorists in some of the filling stations affected the free flow of traffic.

At the Oando filling station in Alapere, Lagos, commuters were held in traffic as motorists struggled to buy fuel. The station stopped dispensing fuel later in the day.

There were long queues at the Conoil filling station, while the TotalEnergies station in the same area was not dispensing fuel to customers.

PUNCH observed that many stations did not dispense fuel and this increased the pressure on the few ones where the product was available.

The NNPC station at Fadeyi did not sell petrol as of noon on Friday, while the NIPCO station recorded a long queue of vehicles waiting to get Premium Motor Spirit.

There were also long queues of motorists at the AP filling station in Onipanu.

The Mobil filling stations at Palmgrove, Alausa and Mile 2 areas of the state did not open for business.

The Enyo filling station at Ojodu junction had long queues when visited.

It was the same scenario at Eterna filling station at Oworonshoki, Northwest in Oju-Elegba, TotalEnergies and MRS in Surulere.

The NNPC, Mobil, TAS, NIPCO, Enyo, As-Salam and other filling stations along the Mowe-Ibafo route in Ogun State did not sell petrol too.

Similarly, the Capital and Enyo filling stations at Berger did not sell PMS as at the time of filing this report.

The Rain Oil and NNPC stations in Ibafo, Asese and Mowe areas had long queues of motorists, while other stations along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway were shut.

The situation affected the number of commercial vehicles on the roads.

At Mile 2, some young men engaged in the sale of the product in jerrycans at N800 per litre.

A customer on the Ikotun Idimu Road in Lagos, who gave his name as Mr Ejiogbu, said, “I just noticed there are long queues in filling stations around here and I don’t know why it is only the NNPC station that is dispensing fuel in the area.

“I started noticing the scarcity and queues everywhere two days ago and I don’t know why.”

It was observed that the scarcity has started affecting transport fares.

A trader, Mrs Ada Herbert, said, “Ikotun to Cele Express used to be between N400 and N500, but today, drivers pegged it at N600; I don’t know if it was as a result of the fuel scarcity.”

At the Mobil filling station at First Gate along the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, there was a short queue of motorists waiting to buy fuel in jerrycans.

One of the fuel attendants said the station managed to get fuel after three days of no supply.

“They just came to supply fuel for us now. We didn’t have fuel for over three days. I don’t know why they didn’t bring it earlier. What matters is that we have fuel to sell now,” the attendant, who declined to give his name, said.

Motorists also queued up to buy fuel at the Mobil station at Alakija, where PMS was sold fuel for N605 per litre.

The National Vice President of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Hammed Fashola, had said on Monday that there was a little hiccup in the distribution of the product and expressed optimism that normalcy would be restored after the Easter break.

Fashola stated, “Yes, I think there was a little infraction in supply. The Easter holidays from Friday to Monday also added to the situation. I think from Wednesday it will ease off.

“There was little problem with supply even before the holidays. There was a little hiccup in supply, and the holiday added to it. I am sure will start getting better after the holidays.”

However, the situation seems to be getting worse four days after the Easter break.

The spokesperson for the NNPCL, Olufemi Soneye, in a message on Friday, confirmed that there were queues at NNPCL stations, saying there were no products at the company’s Apapa depots.

According to him, the NNPCL has carried out a review and there is no sign of scarcity in Lagos.

Soneye stated, “There were no products at our Apapa depots. We have carried out a review and there was no sign of scarcity in Lagos.

“It is only the NNPC Retail stations that have queues due to our price differential.”

However, the Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria differed with the NNPCL as it confirmed queues at its filling stations.

The Executive Secretary of MEMAN, Clement Isong, said there was low stock over the Easter weekend for some of the members, adding that this resulted from truck out to supply stations without replenishment at its depots.

Isong said this led to outages in some retail outlets during the past week.

However, he stated that the depots were currently receiving PMS supplies from the NNPC Trading and would continue to do so throughout the weekend.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/06/fuel-queues-cause-gridlock-lagos-ogun-amid-fear-looming-scarcity

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by nifemi25(m): 8:08am On Apr 04
Most of the petrol station here on the mainland couldn't sell yesterday night.... It seems there is scarcity
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 8:19am On Apr 04
nifemi25:
Most of the petrol station here on the mainland couldn't sell yesterday night.... It seems there is scarcity

Is there fuel station on nairaland.com now. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 9:18am On Apr 04
Madridguy my guy grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by lexylaw40kuti: 9:58am On Apr 04
iwaeda:

he said mainland meaning lagos mainland
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 10:19am On Apr 04
lexylaw40kuti:
he said mainland meaning lagos mainland
Oh thanks. grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Mercenary123: 10:24am On Apr 04
iwaeda:
lol

Bursted!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 10:46am On Apr 04
Mercenary123:
lol

Bursted!

APC people are HEARTLES. grin angry grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by madridguy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04
The crooks marketers are just trying to create artificial scarcity which will not fly as usual. Go and calm down.

iwaeda:
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by nifemi25(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04
iwaeda:

It's either you need glasses or you are among those saying education is a scam....kindly read my comment again.... *Mainland* and not nairaland

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 2:20pm On Apr 04
nifemi25:

It's either you need glasses or you are among those saying education is a scam....kindly read my comment again.... *Mainland* and not nairaland
OK sorry buy me one grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 5:02pm On Apr 04
Confirmed, fuel is scarce. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 7:06am On Apr 05
Awon lokan grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 7:17am On Apr 05
Nlfpmod, please do you have fuel to spare. grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by CharlotteFlair: 7:25am On Apr 05
Nigerians have never had it this bad. This mandate is from hell!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by helinues: 7:34am On Apr 05
Pinshures or...
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 7:43am On Apr 05
iwaeda:
You're wailing as if you have visit every part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Penguin2: 7:48am On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
You're wailing as if you have visit every part of Nigeria.
Why should there be scarcity in any part of Nigeria?

Did your urine dispenser not promise that with subsidy gone, fuel scarcity will be a thing of the past?

Now, fuel is expensive and still not available.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by helinues: 7:50am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

Why not post photos of people queuing at the fuel filling station?

Abi seh na online the scarcity dey?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 7:53am On Apr 05
Penguin2:

Why should there be scarcity in any part of Nigeria?

Did your urine dispenser not promise that with subsidy gone, fuel scarcity will be a thing of the past?

Now, fuel is expensive and still not available.

There's no fuel scarcity in Lagos. Filling stations are selling petrol as you're reading my comment

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 7:56am On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
There's no fuel scarcity in Lagos. Filling stations are selling petrol as you're reading my comment
Which part of Lagos are you; only NNPC stations around Maryland, Ikorodu selling. cry cry cry cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 8:12am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

Which part of Lagos are you; only NNPC stations around Maryland, Ikorodu selling. cry cry cry cry
Please bro, stop spreading propaganda online

In ikorodu, almost every filling station is presently selling.

From Ikorodu to Ketu all the filling stations along ikorodu road are selling

From Ketu to iyana oworo all the filling stations are selling.

I'm presently in Adeniji, will be leaving for VI soon.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 8:15am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

I don't know about Maryland but in ikorodu, every Mobil filling station is selling.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Melagros(m): 8:20am On Apr 05
COMRADES, fuel availability etc are only available on nairaland
Useless and blind tinubu supporters
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 8:24am On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't know about Maryland but in ikorodu, every Mobil filling station is selling.
Big lie, even in Lekki-Ajah no filling station is selling. grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 8:28am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

Big lie, even in Lekki-Ajah no filling station is selling. grin grin grin grin
It seems you're just a nuisance. Where in my comment did I talk about Lekki-Ajah axis?

I dey tell you fact, you're arguing blindly.

Mobil filling stations located along obafemi awolowo road in ikorodu are selling

Filling stations located along beach road in ikorodu are selling

Filling stations located on ikorodu road between ikorodu garage and Ketu are selling

From Ketu to Iyana oworo, filling stations are selling.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by helinues: 8:34am On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
It seems you're just a nuisance. Where in my comment did I talk about Lekki-Ajah axis?

I dey tell you fact, you're arguing blindly.

Mobil filling stations located along obafemi awolowo road in ikorodu are selling

Filling stations located along beach road in ikorodu are selling

Filling stations located on ikorodu road between ikorodu garage and Ketu are selling

From Ketu to Iyana oworo, filling stations are selling.

Why can't the guy post photos to back up his claim since yesterday. Abi na so the crowd as that huge that the photos he took got distorted?

All their vindicative lists are not coming close to reality hence fabricating nonsense

Iwaeda le ri yen oo

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 8:39am On Apr 05
helinues:

Why can't the guy post photos to back up his claim since yesterday. Abi na so the crowd as that huge that the photos he took got distorted?

All their vindicative lists are not coming close to reality hence fabricating nonsense

Iwaeda le ri yen oo
The guy just want to spread propaganda

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 8:47am On Apr 05
Ikaeniyan0:
The guy just want to spread propaganda
May God punish me if I am lying, if not may you end before the month runs out. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by iwaeda: 8:48am On Apr 05
helinues:

Iwaeda le ri yen oo

May God punish me if I am lying, if not may you end before the month runs out. What do I gain to lie like you. You have eyes and brain. grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by Ikaeniyan0: 8:57am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

May God punish me if I am lying, if not may you end before the month runs out. grin grin grin grin grin
I don't believe in all this online curse.

Just stop lying there's fuel scarcity in Lagos.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Again; As Filling Stations Shut Down by helinues: 8:59am On Apr 05
iwaeda:

May God punish me if I am lying, if not may you end before the month runs out. What do I gain to lie like you. You have eyes and brain. grin grin grin grin

Okay

So your phone no dey work again to take pictures abi na Nokia 3310 you dey use

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please What's The Name Of This Suit? / Should Atiku Resign? / Oyo State Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.