Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis (25497 Views)

President Tinubu Receives Wike And Heineken Lokpobiri In Abuja / Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / BREAKING NEWS: Nnamdi Kanu's Father Eze Kanu Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by cassyrooy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 05
Mercenary123:
His royal highness,Eze Oba chike Amadi from The great Benin kingdom
Eze Oha, not Eze Oba, goat.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Mercenary123: 2:01pm On Apr 05
cassyrooy:
Eze Oha, not Eze Oba, goat.
. All I know is that he is a descendant of Benin kingdom,ewu
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by YourKarma: 2:05pm On Apr 05
jayAjoku:
it is eze OHA APARA it’s not his name it’s his title his name is Chike Amadi

I think his point is that the king's name is igbo and his title is also igbo but they say they're not igbo

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by cassyrooy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 05
AareGaa:

Rivers is South.

Ibos should stay on their own
Eze of Ehume, in Imo and Eze of Apara in Rivers has same Offor.

Our ancestors will not respect this your rubbish state creation, and we too will not.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by cassyrooy(m): 2:08pm On Apr 05
Mercenary123:
. All I know is that he is a descendant of Benin kingdom,ewu
You'll keep waiting till Jesus comes back.
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by YourKarma: 2:14pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

How are the Ikwerres Igbo?

A people who bear same name, speak same language (ikwerre Igbo is more general version of Igbo than even some parts of SE), have same culture, have similar style of clothing, same foods except with more fish due to their riverine location.

I'm from nkwerre in imo State and during our important festivals we always have emissaries from ikwerre.

This is similar to the Yorubas and the ijebu. It's even difficult for an average Yoruba man to understand ijebu but they're all lumped under Yoruba. There was a video on FP earlier this year where Fubara was speaking Igbo. His Igbo was even easier to understand than the dialects in parts of SE.

Now, while it's not my business if the ikwerre accept to be igbo or not, let's not forget the reason for this; the civil war and how the old eastern region was carved up during state creation. State boundaries are simply imaginary lines, I'm sure you didn't know there are areas in Benue that speak igbo language

2 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by cassyrooy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05
YourKarma:

A people who bear same name, speak same language (ikwerre Igbo is more general version of Igbo than even some parts of SE), have same culture, have similar style of clothing, same foods except with more fish due to their riverine location.

I'm from nkwerre in imo State and during our important festivals we always have emissaries from ikwerre.

This is similar to the Yorubas and the ijebu. It's even difficult for an average Yoruba man to understand ijebu but they're all lumped under Yoruba. There was a video on FP earlier this year where Fubara was speaking Igbo. His Igbo was even easier to understand than the dialects in parts of SE.

Now, while it's not my business if the ikwerre accept to be igbo or not, let's not forget the reason for this; the civil war and how the old eastern region was carved up during state creation. State boundaries are simply imaginary lines, I'm sure you didn't know there are areas in Benue that speak igbo language
Ndia bụ ndị ọjọọ, ha bụ ndị iro ànyị.

Ihe ga-eme ka Ụmụ Igbo bụrụ ofu, ha achọghị ya.

Zere ha.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 3:04pm On Apr 05
YourKarma:

Ikwerre is Ikwerre. I'm from Omoku in Rivers state and I schooled in the East few years ago, and my friends (Igbos) always say that our language is familiar, and it is familiar. But it doesn't change our origin.

We have similar culture and names with the Igbos too because of the proximity.

We should not forget that the Bible was predominantly translated to Igbo around our region, so lots of people had to learn Igbo, and they started giving their kids Igbo names.

All in all, there are no Igbos in Rivers, because we share similarities doesn't mean we are the same.

WE ARE STILL BROTHERS

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by YourKarma: 3:17pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

Ikwerre is Ikwerre. I'm from Omoku in Rivers state and I schooled in the East few years ago, and my friends (Igbos) always say that our language is familiar, and it is familiar. But it doesn't change our origin.

We should not forget that the Bible was predominantly translated to Igbo around our region, so lots of people had to learn Igbo, and they started giving their kids Igbo names.

All in all, there are no Igbos in Rivers, because we share similarities doesn't mean we are the same.

WE ARE STILL BROTHERS

We're still saying same. Ikwerre is ikwerre, they're still same race as the igbos. Even migration studies disperses a group but they'll still be genetically similar.

I have a friend from cross River who told me her people migrated from somewhere in Abia state. This is cross River which doesn't even share a boundary with any part of the east. According to her, her great grandfather spoke Igbo when he was alive, though she herself and her siblings don't speak igbo but she's learning. She's not igbo but has igbo ancestors

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 3:37pm On Apr 05
YourKarma:

We're still saying same. Ikwerre is ikwerre, they're still same race as the igbos. Even migration studies disperses a group but they'll still be genetically similar.

I have a friend from cross River who told me her people migrated from somewhere in Abia state. This is cross River which doesn't even share a boundary with any part of the east. According to her, her great grandfather spoke Igbo when he was alive, though she herself and her siblings don't speak igbo but she's learning. She's not igbo but has igbo ancestors

Cross River shares boundary with the East
We are all different.
What I don't understand is people trying to make us identify as Igbo. They even write articles online and edit Wikipedia to sell their narratives.

Funny enough my language is similar to Ikwerre and Igbo, and kind of distinct from our brother tribe who will share a common ancestor.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Nwaetche(m): 3:44pm On Apr 05
This one just registered with the sole aim to misinform and talk ill of Igbos.

The topic here is not about Osun or Kwara state. We are talking about Rivers State and I believe you should be more concerned about things happening in the West and not in the East or South South.

For your information, I am Riversman and a proud son of Igbo Nation.

NNNN2024:

How are the Ikwerres Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by tnerro1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05
Sim should check if the members of the house of assembly have the correct paperwork for their landed properties in Rivers and if not, it should go down. Wike would have done the same 😁
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 3:56pm On Apr 05
Nwaetche:
This one just registered with the sole aim to misinform and talk ill of Igbos.

The topic here is not about Osun or Kwara state. We are talking about Rivers State and I believe you should be more concerned about things happening in the West and not in the East or South South.

For your information, I am Riversman and a proud son of Igbo Nation.

You are funny. I registered because a popular moniker who is not from Rivers kept claiming he's from Rivers.

Me na Omoku boy. If e sure you sey you from Rivers make we exchange contacts. Osino Nwaetche.
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Nwaetche(m): 3:57pm On Apr 05
Lies, you are not from anywhere in Rivers not to talk of ONELGA.

You just registered in Nairaland to malign the Igbos. Your assertion is completely wrong and DOA.

I have many friends from Iwhuruhna, Ogba and Epkeye that assert their Igbo identity too. You should not come here and misinform people. Only shallow minded people will fall for your bait. Language, culture and tradition define a people and not oil inspired politics of ethnic nationalities as we have in Rivers.

The Kalabaris, Okrika and Andonis Ethnic nationalities are already moving back to align with the larger Ijaw Nation. The same phenomenon(Unification) is already happening amongs the Igboid group.

So stop this nonsence divide and rule.

NNNN2024:

WE ARE STILL BROTHERS

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 3:59pm On Apr 05
Nwaetche:
Lies, you are not from anywhere in Rivers not to talk of ONELGA.

You just registered in Nairaland to malign the Igbos. Your assertion is completely wrong and DOA.

I have many friends from Iwhuruhna, Ogba and Epkeye that assert their Igbo identity too. You should not come here and misinform people. Only shallow minded people will fall for your bait. Language, culture and tradition define a people and not oil inspired politics of ethnic nationalities as we have in Rivers.

The Kalabaris, Okrika and Andonis Ethnic nationalities are already moving back to align with the larger Ijaw Nation. The same phenomenon(Unification) is already happening amongs the Igboid group.

So stop this nonsence divide and rule.

My friend, you are lying. Nobody in Ogba or Ekpeye kingdom claims that they are Igbo.

Me na Omoku boy, Ogba boy. Ekpeye and Ogba are descendants of Akalaka. Abi una think sey we no get data to come online.

Igbo boy pretending to be from Etche.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Nwaetche(m): 4:26pm On Apr 05
Look at this one.

If you go through my profile and quotes you would know that I do not normally take on real Rivers folks no matter your ethnic nationality as I believe we are all one. This is just not me but same for most us here from Rivers.

I detest impostors like you that come here and start attacking and misinforming people. If you have personnal problems with Ibos from the East you can settle it with them but do not come here to generalise. You are not a representative of Ogba or any one for that matter. You behavious reeks of someone from "a distant land" not even anywhere near South South.

I know lots of folks here from Epkeye and ONELGA and I see their decent and meaningful contribution on this forum. It is even an insult for your to come here and start misrepresenting the good people of Ogba kingdom.

I am not from Ogba but we know the politics that played off after the civil war as my grand father was a respected court officer in Ahoada even before independence and had many friends from Ekpeye, Ogba and Egbema Ethnic nationalities. I am still opportune to still relate with these prominent families till today. So i have nothing to prove for you or anyone about my bonafides.

Leave our people to make their individual decisions of who is Igbo, Ijaw or Bini. Do not come here and generalise Ogbeni

Our people always say, E je ji ututu amara nwa shi gi ji ugwo.

Chikaa mma mma.

NNNN2024:

My friend, you are lying. Nobody in Ogba or Ekpeye kingdom claims that they are Igbo.

Me na Omoku boy, Ogba boy. Ekpeye and Ogba are descendants of Akalaka. Abi una think sey we no get data to come online.

Igbo boy pretending to be from Etche.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 4:32pm On Apr 05
Nwaetche:
Look at this one.

If you go through my profile and quotes you would know that I do not normally take on real Rivers folks no matter your ethnic nationality as I believe we are all one. This is just not me but same for most us here from Rivers.

I detest impostors like you that come here and start attacking and misinforming people. If you have personnal problems with Ibos from the East you can settle it with them but do not come here to generalise. You are not a representative of Ogba or any one for that matter. You behavious reeks of someone from "a distant land" not even anywhere near South South.

I know lots of folks here from Epkeye and ONELGA and I see their decent and meaningful contribution on this forum. It is even an insult for your to come here and start misrepresenting the good people of Ogba kingdom.

I am not from Ogba but we know the politics that played off after the civil war as my grand father was a respected court officer in Ahoada even before independence and had many friends from Ekpeye, Ogba and Egbema Ethnic nationalities. I am still opportune to still relate with these prominent families till today. So i have nothing to prove for you or anyone about my bonafides.

Leave our people to make their individual decisions of who is Igbo, Ijaw or Bini. Do not come here and generalise Ogbeni

Our people always say, E je ji ututu amara nwa shi gi ji ugwo.

Chikaa mma mma.

All these narratives to try to convince me that you are from Rivers?

If you claim that I don't speak for the Ogbas, the same applies to you (the Etche you are claiming to be) and everyone here.

Ogba and Ekpeye are brothers. I even learnt of our history for the first time in my life from my Ekpeye teacher in primary school.

Our ancestor Akalaka is from Benin. How then are we Igbos?

You need a stock of mental gymnastics to tell someone whose Ancestors are from Benin that they are Igbos, a Benin warrior o

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Nwaetche(m): 5:09pm On Apr 05
Now I see where you are coming from.

We had some folks like you that came to claim that our Ochie(Etchie) people came from Bini through Akalaka. These people believe in the mystical Akalaka forebear which actually gained traction after the civil war. My granddad told me that Akalaka was a fringe discussion before the civil war but was mainstreamed as a way of people differentiating themselves from the larger Igbo group.

In Ogba, the then Eze Ogba on ascension to the throne of his forebears even have to change his royal designation from Eze Ogba to Oba for the then Military government to recognised him. I am sure you have noticed that Eze Ogba is gradually being inserted back in parenesis in the current revered royal father. HIS EMINENCE. OBA BRR. NWACHUKWU NNAM OBI III. OBA (EZE OGBA) OF OGBA LAND.

I am not here to banter the Akalaka story in Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye and even in my Etche. There is also the Ezechima story in Onitsha and the Anioma axis with some folks claiming Bini as you are here generalising and many asserting their Igbo identity.
I do not speak for any Igboid group. I speak for myself. I am not ashamed to say I am an Igbo. I do not generalised for others. I have also read history and listen to our elders. I know, that no ethnic nationality in ONELGA and Ekpeye speaks or have anything near Bini language and culture. The language, Culture and Tradition is Igbo. Anyone can makes his or her conclusions.

I can actually refer you to a good book on Ogba by one of the greatest sons of Ali- Ogba by Name Francis Ellah. “Ali-Ogba: A History of Ogba People”. Francis Ellah was a Chieftain of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo until his death. I also learned that his family and many other prominent Nde Ogba identify as Igbo.

Ashi onye kwe chi ya ekwe. I mara asu, ga asua nali.
Chikaa nwanne

(
NNNN2024:

All these narratives to try to convince me that you are from Rivers?

If you claim that I don't speak for the Ogbas, the same applies to you (the Etche you are claiming to be) and everyone here.

Ogba and Ekpeye are brothers. I even learnt of our history for the first time in my life from my Ekpeye teacher in primary school.

Our ancestor Akalaka is from Benin. How then are we Igbos?

You need a stock of mental gymnastics to tell someone whose Ancestors are from Benin that they are Igbos, a Benin warrior o

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 5:35pm On Apr 05
Nwaetche:
Now I see where you are coming from.

We had some folks like you that came to claim that our Ochie(Etchie) people came from Bini through Akalaka. These people believe in the mystical Akalaka forebear which actually gained traction after the civil war. My granddad told me that Akalaka was a fringe discussion before the civil war but was mainstreamed as a way of people differentiating themselves from the larger Igbo group.

In Ogba, the then Eze Ogba on ascension to the throne of his forebears even have to change his royal designation from Eze Ogba to Oba for the then Military government to recognised him. I am sure you have noticed that Eze Ogba is gradually being inserted back in parenesis in the current revered royal father. HIS EMINENCE. OBA BRR. NWACHUKWU NNAM OBI III. OBA (EZE OGBA) OF OGBA LAND.

I am not here to banter the Akalaka story in Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye and even in my Etche. There is also the Ezechima story in Onitsha and the Anioma axis with some folks claiming Bini as you are here generalising and many asserting their Igbo identity.
I do not speak for any Igboid group. I speak for myself. I am not ashamed to say I am an Igbo. I do not generalised for others. I have also read history and listen to our elders. I know, that no ethnic nationality in ONELGA and Ekpeye speaks or have anything near Bini language and culture. The language, Culture and Tradition is Igbo. Anyone can makes his or her conclusions.

I can actually refer you to a good book on Ogba by one of the greatest sons of Ali- Ogba by Name Francis Ellah. “Ali-Ogba: A History of Ogba People”. Francis Ellah was a Chieftain of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo until his death. I also learned that his family and many other prominent Nde Ogba identify as Igbo.

Ashi onye kwe chi ya ekwe. I mara asu, ga asua nali.
Chikaa nwanne

(

This mental gymnastics will not change the history of Ogba and Ekpeye.
We have lots of scholars and elders that are still alive and that have lived.
We are descendants of Akalaka. We are from Benin.

I don't know about the Etche you are claiming. Our history said Akalaka gave birth to Ogba and Ekpeye.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 5:51pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

WE ARE STILL BROTHERS

What was your language before the missionaries came to your land?
Did Igbo people of southeast change the names of your villages to Igbo names?
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 6:28pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

What was your language before the missionaries came to your land?
Did Igbo people of southeast change the names of your villages to Igbo names?

Proximity
No be by force to be Igbo.
We have a name we call Igbo people sef.
Una dun dey make people no like una

All these things na less
Na neighbors we be

Our villages no be Igbo names sha

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 6:40pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

Proximity
No be by force to be Igbo.
We have a name we call Igbo people sef.
Una dun dey make people no like una

All these things na less
Na neighbors we be

Our villages no be Igbo names sha

So Isiokpo,Umueme,UmuIgbo etc are not Igbo names right?
We are also neighbors to Ogoni,Efik,Ibibio,Annang,Ogoja,Igala,Ijaw etc where they not speaking Igbo language because of proximity?
We are just keeping the records straight nobody cares but stop lying.
We are not seeking your likeness,who your likeness help?
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 6:45pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

So Isiokpo,Umueme,UmuIgbo etc are not Igbo names right?
We are also neighbors to Ogoni,Efik,Ibibio,Annang,Ogoja,Igala,Ijaw etc where they not speaking Igbo language because of proximity?
We are just keeping the records straight nobody cares but stop lying.
We are not seeking your likeness,who your likeness help?

My guy na by force to be Igbo?
Me na Omoku and Ogba boy.
At of all the tribes wey dey 9ja na only una dey zuzu like this

We are not you people o. God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Bayajjidda: 7:05pm On Apr 05
ngwaIgbo223:

Stop that none sense when did Igbos became bini people, do that man looks like Edo people.

It is called sarcasm, learn to pay attention to details.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by SS777(m): 7:12pm On Apr 05
Bulldozer90:
His royal Highness Eze Chike Amadi from Benin

You people always pains for too much inferiority complex when others including the lest minority are advancing in mindset.

Continue forcing yourselves on minority.
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 8:21pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

My guy na by force to be Igbo?
Me na Omoku and Ogba boy.
At of all the tribes wey dey 9ja na only una dey zuzu like this

We are not you people o. God forbid!

That one concern you it is very possible you are not even from Rivers state.Be whatever...
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 8:25pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

That one concern you it is very possible you are not even from Rivers state.Be whatever...

Only a fool will come online and create a moniker in order to claim to be from another state.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 8:31pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

Only a fool will come online and create a moniker in order to claim to be from another state.

You could ve one of them because only a fool can twıst facts the way you does.
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by NNNN2024: 8:53pm On Apr 05
paramakina202:

You could ve one of them because only a fool can twıst facts the way you does.

Only a fool knows better than the people being affected.
Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 9:52pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

Do you know better than Chibuike Amaechi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSejnsj8ync?si=VT-YQeMpgyT6C3Jy

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by paramakina202: 9:53pm On Apr 05
NNNN2024:

Do you know better than this man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSejnsj8ync?si=VT-YQeMpgyT6C3Jy

1 Like

Re: Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis by Elibaba1: 10:53pm On Apr 05
Whalis:

Chaii na small pikin full naira land. Wike won't attack Fubara. But can operate fully in Rivers State because Fubara can't ask police to arrest him. Agreed Wike can't also tell police to arrest Fubara. But Fubara would have had an edge if he was in control of police.

Wetin bring small Pikin come this talk?
I gave you instances with Wike/Fayose and how they were insulting a sitting President everyday yet nothing happened . Same thing Oshiohomle and few other Governors ganged up against and did dirty to GEJ in words, deeds and actions. This is to tell you that there is a limit to what you can do to a sitting Governor(That is even the President not to talk of his Appointee). It is not as easy as you think with Wike coming in with policemen behind him. Your submission is within you reach still.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today / Adebayo Shittu In Multimillion Naira Contracts Scandal / WTO: Okonjo-iweala Testament Of Buhari's Passion For Integrity - Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.