Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent (20075 Views)

Nigerian In Thailand Arrested For Overstaying 60-Day Visa By 7 Years (Photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Golan007: 8:02am On Apr 05
Oghene86:

Baba go and rest since you understand

Shatap.

You dey even claim Urhobo boy.

Must be the only dumb one.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by xeju: 8:08am On Apr 05
Some sensible people still dey nairaland🤣
santaclaws:

Imagine all of you commenting on a post you neither read nor understood. You saw the headline and rushed to the comment section and started typing... See 'intelligent' Nigerians! 🙄

What the post is saying is that before you can enter the UK on a skilled work visa, you must get a job that pays a MINIMUM of £38,700 instead of the old requirement of £26,200. This means it's now harder to enter the UK via work visa route as a foreigner!
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:15am On Apr 05
helinues:

Stop carrying bitterness on my mentions.

For how many years would you continue coming online to be attacking people unnecessarily?

Shut up!!! You dey yarn dust!!!
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by LordBillionz: 8:20am On Apr 05
santaclaws:

Imagine all of you commenting on a post you neither read nor understood. You saw the headline and rushed to the comment section and started typing... See 'intelligent' Nigerians! 🙄

What the post is saying is that before you can enter the UK on a skilled work visa, you must get a job that pays a MINIMUM of £38,700 instead of the old requirement of £26,200. This means it's now harder to enter the UK via work visa route as a foreigner!

How is that bad for UK and it's citizen Mr. 'intelligent'? And how is it good for Nigerians?
What are you insinuating?
Can Nigeria be developed to the point where this condition is set for immigrants?
Isn't this an insult you and your nation Mr. 'intelligent'? That you're being refused entry to another country which you're rushing to because of all the unfavourable conditions of your country?

Will the government compare themselves to the UK on this?

Answer Mr. Intelligent
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by KaptainAfrika: 8:22am On Apr 05
And one agbado constipation sufferer will be shouting Nigeria is better.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:22am On Apr 05
Goodvibes007:
Why is 48 percent written as 48 Per Cent (48 / Cent)..
You get OCD 🤣🤣🤣grin

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Calitoscassius(m): 8:29am On Apr 05
Didi2d:
I am just wasting my forklift driving experience here in 9ja with peanut pay.
If na UK I dey now
There are plenty forklifts drivers in the UK, it is no big deal, besides, you would need the UK forklifts driving license to drive forklifts in the UK in the freezing cold. cheesy
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by zinaunreal(m): 8:39am On Apr 05
Arielle:

Take correction and stop displaying ignorance. Most people didn't bother reading the post and attributed it to minimum wage in the UK. The guy pointed this out and you're here abusing him.

Your father didn't take corrections else he wouldn't have vomited this ignorant head like you
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Calitoscassius(m): 8:42am On Apr 05
Elinosweet143:
Haaa this seriouse, so them no want make we get work from Nigeria go UK bah, i see this as a clear strategy to pack our very highly skilled workers to UK cos for an employer to even consider dragging a worker to the UK with this new minimum wage then the person must have what it takes and must be the best of the best but then again i hear their citizens are lazy and do not want to work although i don't know how true this information is, na still them e go affect laslas abiii
UK citizens are not lazy, they just don't want to kill themselves working hard, long hours and for low wages. Unlike Naigeerian immigrants who go to the UK to work like donkeys for meagre wages. UK citizens have mortgages to pay on their houses while Naigeerians are sharing rents amongst 5 or 10 of them in 2 bedroom houses. Uk citizens also like to go on holidays. go to restuarants and PUBS to relax, eat drink and spend money while Naigeerians just go to work, work, work,work, work, work and go home, sit indoors all years round and cook at home. A lot of Naigeerians has no other social lives in the UK, apart from work, work, work,work and work. Go to church and cook at home.

So UK citizens are not lazy, they just want to be paid more, enough to sustain their living and pay bills. believe it or not, I know!

5 Likes

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Didi2d(m): 9:15am On Apr 05
Golan007:

Na still peanut you go earn.

Really??
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by AngelicBeing: 9:17am On Apr 05
Acidosis:

This one is low-key wishing and hoping that all Nigerians abroad will fail and return to Naija in "Ghana-must-go" bags. grin grin

You go wait tire, guy! Everyone has left you behind. You will wake up one day and discover that you have wasted your life defending criminal politicians. Learn from "our darling daddy." Man has returned to his grilling business in Benue.
Gbamsulotely, end of thread grin

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by santaclaws: 9:23am On Apr 05
Oghene86:

Mad man on the loose

LOL, next time, learn to accept correction instead of trying to defend your ignorance, it makes you look stupid before the whole world.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Inspirer1: 9:33am On Apr 05
roqrules04:

You’re one of those that understands this post well. The rest are just yarning dust
Yeah, very few understands the message from the UK government.

@santaclaws shouldn't even be replying them after his first post clarifying the intent behind the "condition" placed on employers in the UK, yes "condition" should have been used perhaps our people will understand better, anyways, our people who are happy for the increment will start seeing the effect soon.
For the UK government to have placed the increment side by side with reduction in the number of foreign workers entering their country "...while bringing overall numbers down." is enough evidence for our people to understand that its not like our normal minimum wage increment here.

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by lekonso: 9:52am On Apr 05

What the post is saying is that before you can enter the UK on a skilled work visa, you must get a job that pays a MINIMUM of £38,700 instead of the old requirement of £26,200. This means it's now harder to enter the UK via work visa route as a foreigner![/quote]
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Proserpina: 9:58am On Apr 05

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by DCmonster: 10:06am On Apr 05
This policy doesn't apply to the NHS.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by soccerlite: 11:10am On Apr 05
Acidosis:

This one is low-key wishing and hoping that all Nigerians abroad will fail and return to Naija in "Ghana-must-go" bags. grin grin

You go wait tire, guy! Everyone has left you behind. You will wake up one day and discover that you have wasted your life defending criminal politicians. Learn from "our darling daddy." Man has returned to his grilling business in Benue.

The werey is now grilling vulture and corpse of people killed by fulani herdsmen
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by femi4: 11:10am On Apr 05
santaclaws:

Nigerias no dey read, they just skim through

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by OvertheTop(m): 11:37am On Apr 05
Elinosweet143:
Haaa this seriouse, so them no want make we get work from Nigeria go UK bah, i see this as a clear strategy to pack our very highly skilled workers to UK cos for an employer to even consider dragging a worker to the UK with this new minimum wage then the person must have what it takes and must be the best of the best but then again i hear their citizens are lazy and do not want to work although i don't know how true this information is, na still them e go affect laslas abiii

What this actually means is that: A company will Choose to Employ a UK person to do that Special Job (Now Cheaper Labor) THAN to Employ a foreigner (Now more Expensive Labor) to do that Job.
That Means Skill Labor Migration will be cut Down Massively.

It Means: Nigerian Skilled Labor, Stay in your Country, You are Now too Expensive to HIRE from UK

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Oghene86: 11:37am On Apr 05
santaclaws:

LOL, next time, learn to accept correction instead of trying to defend your ignorance, it makes you look stupid before the whole world.

But you also look very foolish, because you don't know when to draw the line
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Oghene86: 11:38am On Apr 05
Golan007:

Shatap.

You dey even claim Urhobo boy.

Must be the only dumb one.

Idiot, that doesn't know his parents they run mouth with free wifi
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Elinosweet143(f): 11:48am On Apr 05
Yeah you are right there. Thanks
Calitoscassius:
UK citizens are not lazy, they just don't want to kill themselves working hard, long hours and for low wages. Unlike Naigeerian immigrants who go to the UK to work like donkeys for meagre wages. UK citizens have mortgages to pay on their houses while Naigeerians are sharing rents amongst 5 or 10 of them in 2 bedroom houses. Uk citizens also like to go on holidays. go to restuarants and PUBS to relax, eat drink and spend money while Naigeerians just go to work, work, work,works and go home, sit indoors all years round and cook at home.

So UK citizens are not lazy, they just want to be paid more, enough to sustain their living and pay bills. believe it or not, I know!
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Elinosweet143(f): 11:48am On Apr 05
No be lie
OvertheTop:

What this actually means is that: A company will Choose to Employ a UK person to do that Special Job (Now Cheaper Labor) THAN to Employ a foreigner (Now more Expensive Labor) to do that Job.
That Means Skill Labor Migration will be cut Down Massively.

It Means: Nigerian Skilled Labor, Stay in your Country, You are Now too Expensive to HIRE from UK

1 Like

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by ambale(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05
See systems that work, now you know why japarians will choose these countries ahead of Nigeria😂

Even the 30k agreed upon for years now, some states never fit pay.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Calitoscassius(m): 1:09pm On Apr 05
Elinosweet143:
Yeah you are right there. Thanks
Cheers!.
cheesy
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by abbey621(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05
DEM DON FINALLY FINISH THOSE WEY WAN JAAPA TO THE UK......I SEE UK HEADING INTO A RECESSION, THOSE SKILLED MIGRANTS ARE THE BACKBONE OF THEIR ECONOMY.
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Menclothing1: 2:01pm On Apr 05
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by banku: 2:15pm On Apr 05
Only a few of you know the meaning. The stupid ones that think UK would create laws for the interest of immigrants against the interest of their citizens.

Africans think. We have the most talented Africans who could utilize half of the efforts they expend abroad to better their own countries.

This is what African computer engineers, doctors, professors have been looking for. 40k pounds or 40k dollars in California is 40 million naira! Holy cow!

By the time you pay about 30 million naira for apartment and utilities, left with about 10 million naira for everything else including student loans;

then and only then will you realize why those earning 40 million naira abroad are crying poverty.

lekonso:

Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by ayo6hammiey(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05
I've lived here in the UK e while now and I can categorically say that British people are lazy! Very very lazy....

Sometimes I wish we have CCTV at my workplace to record everyone. These people are fucking lazy and they get paid. Some would even not come to work and give silly excuses just because they have benefits coming in at month end
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by zagorakis(m): 3:03pm On Apr 05
helinues:

Good. I support this.

If there is no where to run to anymore, we go have no choice than to develop our country

America, Canada, Australia, and Europe still dey
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by Poshpee: 11:01pm On Apr 05
Beremx:
na only you go develop Nigeria las las. You'll be left behind to do it.
Nonsense and development
🤣 😂 😁 I
Re: UK Increases Minimum Wage Of Immigrants On Skilled Worrk Visa By 48 Per Cent by AcrylicProperty(f): 12:39am On Apr 06
Your best is yet to come.

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Recovers N1.78m Inside Accident Victim's Car In Kogi / I Fought A Conductor For My N10 Change / Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.