Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives (4553 Views)

Muhammad Pate Declines GAVI Position For Appointment As Tinubu Minister / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:02am On Apr 05
President Bola Tinubu has called on Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, to collaborate with potential Nigerian vaccine manufacturers to ensure equitable access to life-saving vaccines for children and adults.

Speaking at a meeting with a delegation of Gavi, led by its Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Sania Nishtar, at the State House, on Thursday, President Tinubu said partnership on local vaccine production has become necessary owing to the challenges faced by developing countries, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic and other infectious disease outbreaks.

“We have capable and talented people who can make the necessary contributions to the production of vaccines in Nigeria and the rest of Africa,” the President told the visiting CEO, who assumed office on March 18, 2024, and has embarked on visits to some African countries.

The President assured the Gavi CEO of Nigeria’s commitment to fulfilling its outstanding counterpart contributions for routine vaccines for the year 2023.

He directed the Coordinating Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Professor Muhammad Ali Pate, to work with the Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance to ensure the release of necessary funds for vaccine procurement.

”We intend to contribute to the development of our healthcare programme, and we are committed to partnering with Gavi,” the President said.

President Tinubu stated that his administration is focused on ensuring that no child is left behind when it comes to vaccination against preventable childhood diseases.

”Gavi’s commitment to humanity is recognised throughout the world. Thank you for your impactful commitment to humanity, and we welcome your collaboration to save our children from preventable diseases.

”We as a nation are committed to your values, and we believe that no child should be left unprotected,”
he said.

President Tinubu acknowledged the invaluable perspective shared by the Gavi CEO, who hails from a developing country, Pakistan, and emphasized the importance of leveraging her experience for the benefit of children’s health.

Commending Dr. Nishtar for her visit to Nigeria and support for the administration’s health-sector initiatives, the President pledged to prioritise investments in health-sector renewal, noting the importance of coordination and collaboration among federal, state, and local governments.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/04/nigeria-capable-of-producing-vaccines-tinubu-boasts-to-gavi-executives/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by aylive02(m): 6:32am On Apr 05
wink

But someone said Nigerians cannot produce ordinary olive oil.

I don't know who's ugly the most between Tinubu and OBJ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by fnep2smooth(m): 6:33am On Apr 05
Noted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by condensedmilk: 6:34am On Apr 05
angry
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Abass07(m): 6:34am On Apr 05
Great. This is how to sell Nigeria/Nigerians. Not someone saying our youths are lazy.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by KIDfurniture(m): 6:34am On Apr 05
Really
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by lathrowinger: 6:35am On Apr 05
Space for sale
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by lathrowinger: 6:35am On Apr 05
Space for sale
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by DeltaBachelor(m): 6:41am On Apr 05
Are you giving them the avenue to do that ? All these unnecessary propaganda has to stop. This is why people JAPA to seek greener pastures and saner climes

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Jicqueville: 6:44am On Apr 05
cool

NB
To protect your family from snake in your closets, build a biodigester!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Blaze14k: 6:53am On Apr 05
I was going through the comment section to see people saying God bless nigeria. Even his ships don't believe this one😂😂
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by UpTown001(m): 6:55am On Apr 05
It seems Nigerians specially offended God. For him to give us leaders who talk alot without doing nothing.
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by DiskJokeyManic: 6:59am On Apr 05
Cc
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Bfly: 7:11am On Apr 05
Na wa for Tinubu
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Kam2021: 7:26am On Apr 05
Abeg oo Mr. President please leave that vaccine production. We can't produce that now.There are other things we can produce focus on those areas. Before dem begin mix sniper and chalk for person in the name of vaccine.
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by panpan(m): 7:52am On Apr 05
The global vaccine alliance, GAVI, cannot be trusted.
The organization is funded, in part at least, by someone whose goal is to depopulate the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by ArewaNightmare: 7:56am On Apr 05
Nonsense man , Carry Dollar reach 1700 ,make I sell mine mumu man
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by tefishy(m): 8:02am On Apr 05
Vaccine production isn't the issue here but storage. Vaccines are stored in very low temperature refrigerators and a country still struggling to produce uninterrupted power supply can't meet up this rank. Solve electricity before thinking of vaccine

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Kukutente23: 8:07am On Apr 05
This is just rhetoric

We don't produce polio vaccines in Nigeria after years of administering it from the military era

What stopped us from doing it

Our leaders are always all mouth and no action
Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by LordGuru1: 8:13am On Apr 05
Wawu!
Spirit 247: I feel like I'm dreaming! A Muslim President standing up so unselfishly and Courageously in Defence of his People! Tears of Joy rolling down my eyes now. For this singular act of Courage to Protect Nigerians from these Soul Scavengers, for the first time we gladly Scream We Love President Tinubu!!! Go to YouTube and search how Kenyans Christians are Crying and Regretting for standing in the Sun for Long Hours to Vote who they thought to be their Best BornAgian Christian that would Protect them from the End Time takeover of the Anti-Christ, but as soon as he gets into Power... Now hmnra gmOh vaasinh that makes people bodies to start showing mac(mark)Address on devices is now aLaw there. Revelation 18:23 is being Fulfilled right before our Eyes and with what Our President has boldly Rejected on behalf of Nigerians, the Eligibility of many Nigerians Originality as Temple of I AM THAT I AM shall remain Preserved to Receive the Reward of Immortality that shall soon be given to all that Remain Preserved as JESUS Son of Our CREATOR is very much about to Return. Many Muslims believe that JESUS AHAYASHA YASHAYA is REDEEMER of Humanity and HE is Returning very Soon and they are Fighting Tooth and Nail to ensure the their Body which is the Temple of the SPIRIT of our CREATOR is not hijacked by the... Yet many Christians are Pretending as if they don't know what is happening as they are very selfishly submitting themselves to be eternally Owned by the Anti-Christ just because they love this Tech World and flying in Planes and Living in his Western Civilization. All Eyes shall soon be Clear!

I tell many Christians that there shall be many Muslims in Heaven maybe than Christians yet they don't understand.
If you still don't understand the Kind of unprecedented Wealth and "eternal greatness" that bGates of Hell came to offer President Tinubu, research how current President of Kenya took the Offer and has Submitted his People not just to be freely used as Guinea pigs but to be eternally owned by the Man of Sin from the pit of Hell.
If you have still not woken up to what is happening in the World currently, Click and Share this Link: https://www.nairaland.com/8051168/why-satan-demonic-spirits-obsessed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by hmohammed(m): 9:02am On Apr 05
Blaze14k:
I was going through the comment section to see people saying God bless nigeria. Even his ships don't believe this one😂😂

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by lionshare: 9:03am On Apr 05
tefishy:
Vaccine production isn't the issue here but storage. Vaccines are stored in very low temperature refrigerators and a country still struggling to produce uninterrupted power supply can meet up this rank. Solve electricity before thinking of vaccine
what sort of thinking is this? What do you think is powering economy? Or do you think any economy can function without power? This is why I find it ridiculous when people say Nigerias biggest problem is electricity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by jude79(m): 9:17am On Apr 05
Abass07:
Great. This is how to sell Nigeria/Nigerians. Not someone saying our youths are lazy.

Is it not this same Gavi that were accused of trying to depopulate africa through their vaccines undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by tefishy(m): 9:22am On Apr 05
lionshare:
what sort of thinking is this? Or do you think any economy can function without power? This is why I find it ridiculous when people say Nigerias biggest problem is electricity.

Why are you contradicting yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by AbuTwins: 9:29am On Apr 05
As a Muslim:

You pray for your Leader (and never curse him).

May Allah help him, those he appointed, others we voted and us all!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by Praying4Nigeria: 9:42am On Apr 05
jude79:

Is it not this same Gavi that were accused of trying to depopulate africa through their vaccines undecided
GOD Bless you tremendously! Yet, some Africans blind themselves to this well known truth just because the man behind the international scheming is giving their Government Billions of $s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by 2Radii: 11:04am On Apr 05
DeltaBachelor:
Are you giving them the avenue to do that ? All these unnecessary propaganda has to stop. This is why people JAPA to seek greener pastures and saner climes

Why have u not jakpa?? Are u too broke to japa or u re ashamed to jakpa....or u re afraid of the unknown??

Jakpa na, since all of una dey jakpa, besides, it's for the good of ur children

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by onome442(m): 11:14am On Apr 05
aylive02:
wink

mmm but olive oil actually grow from a tree

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by lionshare: 11:25am On Apr 05
tefishy:

Why are you contradicting yourself.
Do you agree Nigeria has one of top-3 biggest economy in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by naija4life247: 11:36am On Apr 05
aylive02:
wink

Let's see your father's picture so that we can see how handsome he is

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Capable Of Producing Vaccines – Preside Tinubu To Gavi Executives by naija4life247: 11:37am On Apr 05
Blaze14k:

Ordinary "sheep" you cannot spell correctly. Now tell me, what can you do right in your life?

You cannot even differentiate "sheep" from "ship", can you see your life wasting away?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Sells At N350/per Litre In Rivers State / Suicide Bomber Attacks School In Yobe(Graphic Pic) / 2023: Tinubu Kick-starts Presidential Campaign On October 1 (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.