Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Getting A Divorce??? Am I Making The Right Decision??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting A Divorce??? Am I Making The Right Decision??? (325 Views)

So I Am Getting A Divorce... How Do I Adjust? / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Divorce??? Am I Making The Right Decision??? by Wande22(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05
Good afternoon family

I need your contributions on this subject matter

1. What are the process of Judicial Separation/Dissolution?

2. What is the legal duration that will qualify for a Judicial Separation/Dissolution?

Responses will be highly appreciated

P.S.: My 'marriage' just clocked 10 years this last Wednesday

Synopsis:
Wifey had a business that is thriving when I was in the WOODS for about 21 months. She used that opportunity to grow wings and started exerting authority in the home. Last year I got a job and LEFT HOME and NOT LOOKING BACK.

Entreaties has been made but I'm sticking with my guns.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Divorce??? Am I Making The Right Decision??? by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Apr 05
Wande22:
Good afternoon family .I need your contributions on this subject matter
1. What are the process of Judicial Separation/Dissolution?
2. What is the legal duration that will qualify for a Judicial Separation/Dissolution?
Responses will be highly appreciated
P.S.: My 'marriage' just clocked 10 years this last Wednesday
Synopsis:
Wifey had a business that is thriving when I was in the WOODS for about 21 months. She used that opportunity to grow wings and started exerting authority in the home. Last year I got a job and LEFT HOME and NOT LOOKING BACK. Entreaties has been made but I'm sticking with my guns.
Here's an article I think will benefit you

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/05/divorce-process-in-nigeria-current-procedure/
PARTIES TO THE DIVORCE:
The parties to a divorce process are usually husband and wife, who are designated as a Petitioner and a Respondent. However, there are situations where a third party can be joined to the case, and this third party can be addressed as a co-respondent. This situation arises when one of the parties to the marriage is alleging his/her spouse commits adultery with the co-respondent. The law simply mandates that where an allegation of adultery has been brought against any third party, such a person must be joined as a co-respondent to the suit so he can be afforded an opportunity to defend himself or herself.
DIVORCE’S PETITION:
The divorce process typically begins with one party, known as the petitioner, filing a petition for divorce at the appropriate High Court in the state where either spouse resides or where the marriage took place. The petition outlines the ground and reason(s) or fact(s)for the divorce. It also provides details about the marriage, including the names of the parties, the date of marriage, and any children from the marriage. The petitioner must also attach relevant documents, such as the marriage certificate and any evidence supporting the facts relied upon to prove the ground for the divorce.
SERVICE OF THE DIVORCE PETITION & OTHER PROCESSES:
After filing the divorce petition, the petition and other accompanying documents must be served by a court bailiff to the other spouse sued in the petition (the respondent). This is usually done by personal service. The respondent then has a specified period, usually within 28 days to respond to the petition. Where the respondent refuses to accept the service of the petition on him, the petitioner through his/her lawyer can file an application in court seeking the permission of the judge to serve by substituted means, which may include pasting of the petition at the conspicuous parts of the house or sending same to the respondent by electronic means.
Re: Getting A Divorce??? Am I Making The Right Decision??? by Foodqueen(f): 5:50pm On Apr 05
You are an adult.

Think it through very well, before you make a decision.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Ways To Improve Your Relationship With Your Parents / For Me To Decide To Get / Celebrations As An Extra Precaution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.