Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,361 members, 7,868,048 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

Perform Or Be Sacked In 6 Months, Senate Warns New Nddc Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perform Or Be Sacked In 6 Months, Senate Warns New Nddc Board (1183 Views)

Check Out The New NDDC HEADQUARTERS Building, Port Harcourt. Pictures. / Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out / Touch Not The Aviation Ministers Tour Senate Warns Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perform Or Be Sacked In 6 Months, Senate Warns New Nddc Board by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 17, 2011
From ADETUTU FOLASADE-KOYI, Abuja
Thursday, November 17, 2011

[b]Senate has charged the new board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) to either perform within the next six months of its composition or be sacked, just like its predecessor.

Senate President, David Mark handed down this warning during the confirmatory screening of the Dr. Tarilah Tebepah-led board yesterday.
Senator Mark said: “The fact of the matter remains that the NDDC has been a failure up till this time. The individuals put their selfish interest above that of the people.

“The committee that oversees the committee should do its work more seriously. If they don’t perform in the next six months, the fate that befell their predecessors will befall them. It’s very clear now.”
Dr. Tebepah replaces the Larry Koinyan-led Board, which was dissolved by President Goodluck Jonathan last month.

New members of the board as confirmed by the Senate yesterday are: Dr. Christian Azubuike Obo, managing director; Mr. Lambart John Koboye, executive director (Finance and Admin), Mr Edikan Eshett Eshett, executive director (Projects), Mr Imaobong Johnson, member and Mr. Edigirisi Paul Orubo, member. Other members are: Mr. Dominic Aqua Edem, Esq, Chief Solomon Ogba, Prof. Ibitamuno Aminigo, Aloysius Nwagboso, Senator Tunde Ogbeha, Senator Garba Lado, Rima Shawulu Kwewum, Mr Omagbemi Oladele and Joe Jakpa.

Earlier, in his contribution, Chairman of the Senate Works Committee, Ayogu Eze bemoaned the failure of the commission to impact positively on the lives of the people of the Niger Delta.“There’s no impact of the NDDC on the lives of the people of that area. Mr President, you can use your good offices to talk to President Jonathan that something should be done about the activities of NDDC.

Deputy Majority Leader, Abdul Ningi echoed Eze’s submissions. He said: “Whenever I ask questions about the level of squandermania I see in the Niger Delta, they usually reply me that it’s none of my business because I’m not from that area. I usually tell them it’s my business because I’m a Nigerian.”

On Tuesday, September 13, President Jonathan dissolved the former NDDC in a statement issued on his behalf by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Anyim. The board was dissolved following the conclusion of the assignment of a Presidential Committee directed to look into the problems facing the NDDC.[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/17/national-17-11-2011-011.html
Re: Perform Or Be Sacked In 6 Months, Senate Warns New Nddc Board by BootyOnMe: 4:41am On Nov 17, 2011
See who wanno sack somebarry. . . . grin

(1) (Reply)

Disband Can Now-jibril Aminu / The Pressure That Killed Stella Obasanjo / Aluu 4 Were NOT Armed Robbers, They Were Set Up - IG Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.