Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) (39892 Views)

Loko-Oweto Bridge Connecting Benue And Nasarawa Now Ready For Use (Pictures) / Sanwo-Olu: First Phase Of Blue Line Rail Project Will Be Completed Next Week / Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by ozo13(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05
Men them
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by WantsandMore: 9:11pm On Apr 05
Melagros:
COMRADES wike don bribed nairaland finish to be carrying APC's propaganda as if apc is working
When Peter Obi news just dey fly front back & centre no be bribe abi?

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by ozo13(m): 9:12pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:
Wike look like Metro too much

Okay okay

Why does this country continue to pay foreign companies for construction projects in Nigeria
Am I missing something?
Are the engineering students or graduates in Nigeria not capable to do these constructions from start to finish
In 2024!!! 😶
even for engineering student to construct ordinary school road, I don't think they have the capacity

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Jungleluv5: 9:15pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Why does this country continue to pay foreign companies for construction projects in Nigeria
Am I missing something?
Are the engineering students or graduates in Nigeria not capable to do these constructions from start to finish
In 2024!!! 😶
Not only engineers na enginar ni idiot

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by onecansee: 9:17pm On Apr 05
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Eteka1(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05
Wike is doing a good job for President Tinubu in the FCT. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Bfly: 9:20pm On Apr 05
Government are always fascinated by the white skin color, or na there easy to siphon paper pass

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by topatee: 9:21pm On Apr 05
Nbote:

Wike is actually working here in the FCT
meanwhile small BROS just dey parambulate like jangrover for Pitakwa
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by shaqhead: 9:21pm On Apr 05
KennethOkonkwo:

They will not ask that question.

I mentioned it in the other thread that fighting a godfather is an achievement on its own in Nigeria. You are guaranteed 2nd time with pity votes!

Whenever you read fubara in front page of nairaland.com just know its about fight with wike.No policy and No project.
Nothing, absolutely nothing!

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by ufuosman(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05
Nice one wike
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by CountinBlessins(m): 9:28pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶

Go and sleep, you must not talk about every single thing . Grow up

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Codes151(m): 9:28pm On Apr 05
ppogba:

We assume too much on this platform.

What gives you the impression that the guy you quoted is worth half of what you think he is?

Not every idiot that comments on Nairaland is a graduate much less an engineer.
hmm. Well he criticized like he can do it. I only asked if he could
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by drlateef: 9:29pm On Apr 05
Dpharisee:
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority by previous Govts, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, how many passengers will disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take them to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and there is no railway terminus for them, the airport railway shouldn't have come first before the masses.

Wike has done well for ensuring that its completed despite the above points

That’s how you find it in most developed countries. All airports in UK has a rail system near to them. Yes he can extend the rail to busy areas but the airport is very important to link up.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Elibaba1: 9:30pm On Apr 05
Dpharisee:
Building a railway hub at Abuja Airport is misplacement of priority by previous Govts, why not build it at Gwagwalada or Abaji, how many passengers will disembark from an international flight and wait one hour for a train to take them to city centre when he can pay N7000 to registered taxi operators or Uber.
Meanwhile thousands of workers, traders and students commute daily from Abaji and Gwagwalada to the city and there is no railway terminus for them, the airport railway shouldn't have come first before the masses.

Wike has done well for ensuring that its completed despite the above points

I really like your submission. Well asserted.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by anonimi: 9:31pm On Apr 05
Joey4321:
No they're not

If our engineers are not capable of doing construction work like this from start to finish, and we need to get foreign engineers involved, then why are we not getting foreigners to replace Wike, Tinubu and other officials in the federal, state and local levels since they are not capable of administering the country?

Even Wike can’t provide water for our federal capital territory in the 21st century despite raising so much IGR from Abuja residents that he doesn’t pay into TSA account?

Abuja Residents Groan Over Water Scarcity

Sun, 10 Mar 2024

Some residents of Karu and Nyanya in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), have appealed to the FCT Water Board to address the water crisis bedevilling the area.

https://dailytrust.com/abuja-residents-groan-over-water-scarcity/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by alizma: 9:33pm On Apr 05
Melagros:
COMRADES wike don bribed nairaland finish to be carrying APC's propaganda as if apc is working
Wike Na talk and do, A.K.A. Mr project.
He gives you work to do, pay you and put you on your toes till you deliver. If God come forget you and your no deliver as promised, then you go know what it means to have a nagging man on your case.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Germanjoe(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶
I wipe for giants of Africa
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by DavidEsq(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶
Have u seen the projects done by our local companies? Dey play
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Tareq1105: 9:33pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶

They're not capable.

2ndly, the local contractor would divert the money to marry more wives, buy flashy cars, and take chieftancy titles.

Again I say, they're not capable.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by adedayoa2(f): 9:34pm On Apr 05
johnog4sure:
I live in Gwagwalada and this project didn't benefit me, it didn't touch kubwa, lugbe , nyaynya nobody is benefiting from this total waste and I am sure it's substandard that is why they route it through zero populated
something they have not finished, you're saying it "didnt" benefit everybody. Just wait for it to be completed now, and know if it will benefit plenty people.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by mrksquare: 9:34pm On Apr 05
Oghene86:

But he could not complete the monorail started by Amaechi, I wish Fubara can consider completing that project

Yet he was fixated at building overhead bridges on one stretch of road.

I am happy he is performing as minister.

His outing as governor of Rivers state was abysmal. It was more of showmanship without real substance. Under his watch Rivers state became no 1 in multidimensional poverty in the South South region.
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by iLegendd(m): 9:38pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶
Innoson that manufactures cars, some of your fellow Nigerians said it's a coffin. Dangote that is refining our crude, I hope these same Nigerians will say his fuel will spoil their gen and cars.

Some Nigerians try to make made in Nigeria look bad, hence contractors make sure there is at least a white or Asian man in every construction company to make it look like foreigners are doing it so that Nigerians will see it as good. In truth, the foreigners there were just paid to roam around with helmet at the site while Nigerians do 100% of everything.

Contractors get sense nah.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Darkjudge24: 9:39pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶
Lie lai , our engineers no sabi nothing, look our roads and d kain drainage wen dem construct, water no dey rush go anywhere even when river near the road wen dem dey construct d water no dey flow, instead na reservoir drainage dem dey construct
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Reloadedisraelp: 9:43pm On Apr 05
Wike for president 2027 smiley
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by mapet: 9:44pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶

Wao!

You mean to Standard Guage Rail project be given to "Engineering Students"?
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by NairalandGOAT1: 9:49pm On Apr 05
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶

Funny enough this foreign engineers are not even graduates in their country they're just like the bricklayers we have here!
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Penguin2: 9:51pm On Apr 05
Kasdat5:

Last year
Yes !!
Doubt if he'd get same popularity , even the LP FCT senator is no where to be found .
Obi doesn’t need the LP FCT senator. It’s the senator that needs Obi.

1 Like

Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by MaziObinnaokija: 9:54pm On Apr 05
grin sad Engr graduate here? Pray,some of them dnt handover ur project. Ordinary Street drai,dem scattered all.Come see flood grin cheesy
Sirmwill:

Okay okay

Am I missing something?
In 2024!!! 😶
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by PROPEACE: 9:56pm On Apr 05
oyatz:

The educational institutions in Nigeria were NOT designed to solve problems of Nigeria but as 'photocopies of foreign bodies', thus graduates from Nigerian Universities often need to seek validations from UK, USA, Canada, Germany before being considered truly educated.
What you should be talking about is that a local content clause be added to the contract between Nigeria and the companies doing the jobs so that knowledge transfer can happen hence producing a generation of Nigerian engineers that can carry out similar jobs in the future and also maintain these ones. Don't be the ones badmouthing your graduates who end up running abroad and getting celebrated.
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by blaise26abj(m): 10:02pm On Apr 05
Joey4321:

No they're not
Nonsense talk.

The issue is that foreign companies settle in foreign currencies . Obasanjo encouraged the floating of a 100 percent Nigerian company to compete with the foreign companies. But after he left, dem no get jobs again.
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05
richiemcgold:
Abuja is finally getting the first completed train project

...over 30 years after becoming a federal capital

Is there really no intra-city rail transport in Abuja? It sounds oÉ—d to hear that
Re: Wike Tours Abuja Metroline, Says Project Will Be Ready For Use In May (PHOTOS) by Front0lane: 10:22pm On Apr 05
He is not working because he is not Igbo like Alex Otti ba ?!

Melagros:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks / The Legendary Staff Of Oranmiyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.