Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG (7584 Views)

Federal Govt Considering Fresh Subsidy For Gencos As Gas Price Hikes By 30% / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by nedekid: 7:26am On Apr 06
Make the cost of electricity 1k per unit, few months later, gov will say they are paying subsidy. I have said it before even when cost of a liter of petrol was 180. Make the cost 600, within months same goverment will claim to pay subsidy. Are they not currnely paying subsidy on petrol?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Ategberoson(m): 7:26am On Apr 06
Height of stupidity

You can't remove fuel subsidy and remove subsidy on electricity that's not stable in some areas but it there is assurance that Nigerians will enjoy 24hrs uninterrupted power supply then payu with every household having their prepaid meters won't be an issue
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by smyo(m): 7:28am On Apr 06
EBUKA000:
They just want to set those nepa ppl up, cos the kind beaten way those ppl for collect, for no funny 🤣
Some Nepa go kpai so many people are very angry for my area

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by NapoleonHill: 7:41am On Apr 06
Ozommadu:

Nonesense...you can pay #90bn for Muslim hajj, buy #5bn yatch for yourself, #153bn SUV for the useless senators but you can't subsidise the darkness you call electricity for fellow Nigerians.

And the poor Nigerians are busy doing tribalism online and offline.

Nigerian politicians are blessed with dumb citizens, tueh

Bro, we poor people no get sense.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Emman08: 7:49am On Apr 06
propaganda will not ensure constant power supply.
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by ufotunang: 8:08am On Apr 06
What did you expect from a president that the only thing he can tell nigerians during his presidential campaign that... it's my turn,?
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by malcom1X: 8:30am On Apr 06
yommen:

The tarrif increase only affects about 15%.

I'm on Band D. I buy at the rate of N31 on prepaid meter. We basically enjoy 12 hours: 7am to 10am, 2pm to 5pm, 11pm to 5pm. During the day, I'm not around to use it but only use it to sleep overnight. I don't even use more than 3k electricity monthly but Sir, I fuel gen with probably up to 20k to use in the evening(not even everyday) for just 2 hours. They bring the light 11pm when I'm in bed already. They take it 5am. They bring 7am when I'm preparing to move: that's when I iron my clothes.

Bro, if I see band A at N220, e pay me because it is still cheaper then fuelling generator. The generator noise won't be there anymore. Even noise from neighbour's generators dont allow me to sleep when mine is not on. Baba, I wish to be on band A o.

Guy you read that part wey them say increase doesn't mean a steady supply of electricity for the news?

So it's still not worth it
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:53am On Apr 06
helinues:
Let Disco assign areas to the right band. Most of the areas categorized in Band A are not using expected duration of electricity which is cheating

Exactly... Let them even start from there

As much as I'm skeptical that they might gradually remove the subsidy in other bands gradually, let everyone be correctly grouped first
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Svlla: 8:55am On Apr 06
At this rate i wonder what will become of this country after 8 years

For brand new 1.5HP AC (carton unit with kits)
1 HP brand new AC (carton unit with kits)
Call 08168034379
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:56am On Apr 06
But, let's check this thing well o... If it's by 20hours of light, many northern states are on band A o... I've lived in some states in the North and they have constant light, as in almost 24 hours constant light

Will those rural areas be able to pay for this increment?
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by olarwarleh(m): 8:56am On Apr 06
They're are student areas on band A, this country is just fvked

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Sammy5413(m): 8:58am On Apr 06
Most corrupt and Worst Government in history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by omoharry(f): 9:02am On Apr 06
shortgun:
Time to rescue Nigeria from Tinubu and his band of clueless associates, it's very clear they are bereft of ideas
Abeg remove your mouth from Tinubu matter..All the Agbados' are very ok with the hike in everything.

Who even told you that they want to be rescued! Abeg , let everyone enjoy the renewed hope that they joyfully voted for, since suffering has now become us.

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by surgical: 9:08am On Apr 06
shortgun:
Time to rescue Nigeria from Tinubu and his band of clueless associates, it's very clear they are bereft of ideas
He is behaving like a drunken master, so unfortunate

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Lanretoye(m): 9:10am On Apr 06
Ozommadu:

Nonesense...you can pay #90bn for Muslim hajj, buy #5bn yatch for yourself, #153bn SUV for the useless senators but you can't subsidise the darkness you call electricity for fellow Nigerians.

yes dumb citizens,including your entire family,or they are not part of the citizenry?.see as fool Dey indirectly insult him household,it is good to have your father as one of the elderdumbsmen.
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by infofta(m): 9:21am On Apr 06
Subsidy kill una.
You also import electricity.
Bunch of corrupt leaders

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by freemanq(m): 9:24am On Apr 06
I don't trust this government
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Ozommadu: 10:02am On Apr 06
Lanretoye:
yes dumb citizens,including your entire family,or they are not part of the citizenry?.see as fool Dey indirectly insult him household,it is good to have your father as one of the elderdumbsmen.

Yabaleft is your home
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by airsaylongcome: 10:23am On Apr 06
Lol! Classic trick. They plan to "smuggle" the increase for the remaining 85% without announcement
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by dododawa1: 10:27am On Apr 06
Den of DARKNESS

Isheri Osun ijegun lkotun ijedodo and ABARANJE
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Walz001: 10:34am On Apr 06
Hmmm what a country we find ourself in
We have water to generate electricity
We have sun to generate electricity
We have heat bin for decades that can power a community
We have free things to put together to generate electricity but yet our government throway eyes but rather inflict pains on his people

Well i wont blame them when a thief has a support he will be encourage to do more
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by MrCork: 11:28am On Apr 06
CountinBlessins:

Yes this is the fraud of these discos. They will claim all areas are on band A just to collect subsidy

YOU AGAIN!!!
so u commmto politic section to beg for moiney for AREA A BAND B.......must u be a begggar?u even beg womens for moiney.SHAME ON U SIR!!!!!(((no oofencsece) angry
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by CountinBlessins(m): 11:36am On Apr 06
MrCork:

YOU AGAIN!!!
so u commmto politic section to beg for moiney for AREA A BAND B.......must u be a begggar?u even beg womens for moiney.SHAME ON U SIR!!!!!(((no oofencsece) angry

This old fool wants my attention again 🤣🤣🤣🤣💯
Old bum social welfare hoping , junkie geriatric.
Die slow 🤣🤣🤣
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by maasoap(m): 12:12pm On Apr 06
You're sustaining nothing.
And those areas that are exempted from this new N225 tariff will suffer terrible blackouts in the coming months because Discos will direct 90% of their power to the band A with N225 per unit to make money and leave like 10% power for other bands with N66 per unit

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Johnjustice: 12:15pm On Apr 06
EKDC activities should be well checked, I heard some complaints that they increased the tarrifs across board, such errors are inexcusable.
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by maasoap(m): 12:19pm On Apr 06
Donaldoni:

There is NO free lunch in life.

Subsidy can kill Nigeria. angry
With no subsidy on virtually all aspects of our life in Nigeria, what improvements have you seen somewhere else with all these trillions of naira coming to Tinubu's administration?
They're taking N100, N50, N300 subsidy per masses away from them but busy buying SUV worth 130 million naira for each lawmaker and budgeting 180 million naira per one streetlight/borehole. You think any right thinking Nigerian should support this kind of misplacement of priorities?

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Donaldoni: 12:30pm On Apr 06
maasoap:

With no subsidy on virtually all aspects of our life in Nigeria, what improvements have you seen somewhere else with all these trillions of naira coming to Tinubu's administration?
They're taking N100, N50, N300 subsidy per masses away from them but busy buying SUV worth 130 million naira for each lawmaker and budgeting 180 million naira per one streetlight/borehole. You think any right thinking Nigerian should support this kind of misplacement of priorities?

The issues are different.

The elite still gain MORE from the subsidies.

Somebody will just sit down somewhere and make an empty claim and get paid. The masses gain little.

It's better to take the subsidy away. It will surprise you that the trillions paid as electricity subsidy should not be more than some hundred billions in actual fact. angry
Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Ate247(m): 1:04pm On Apr 06
Ozommadu:

Does Nigerians involved in tribal fight are not poor but useless. Very useless.

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Daystar7: 1:33pm On Apr 06
This statement from FG is a testament to the fact that they are all fools including those supporting this idiots... How many Nigerians earn up to #200k a month in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG by Kingzmate(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06
THIS TALK NO GET HEAD grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nobody Can Turn Buhari Against Me – Amosun / 13 Bidders Pay 75% Balance For Power Assets / Ogbonnaya Onu Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.