Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,748 members, 7,837,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Governor Umo Eno Commends Nis Over Cooperation With Sister Agencies In Checkmati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umo Eno Commends Nis Over Cooperation With Sister Agencies In Checkmati (68 Views)

Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate / President Patrice Talon Pledges Bilateral Cooperation With Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Umo Eno Commends Nis Over Cooperation With Sister Agencies In Checkmati by Novela001(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05
GOVERNOR UMO ENO COMMENDS NIS OVER COOPERATION WITH SISTER AGENCIES IN CHECKMATING CRIME

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno has lauded the State Command of Nigeria Immigration Service for its complimentary role with other security agencies in checkmating criminality, especially the menace of illegal migration into the State, and by extension, the country.

This was the hallmark of his address to the officers of the State Command of the Immigration Service when he visited the new NIS Headquarters in Uyo.

He said the collaboration of the Immigration Service with other security agencies in the State has helped mitigate criminality and maintained the status of Akwa Ibom as a safe haven for residents and investors.

Reaffirming his administration's commitment to improving the security network in the State, the Governor assured of continuous collaboration of the State Government with the NIS to optimize service delivery in the interest of the Akwa Ibom public and Nigeria as a whole.

He announced the donation of a power generating set to the Command headquarters with assurance of linking the command to the national grid as well.

The Governor also used the opportunity to charge officers and men of the command on the need to go into farming in line with his food sufficiency and price stability plan for the State.

"I came here today to do my capturing in Akwa Ibom because I also wanted to see the command and the Comptroller in her office. I commend the neatness of the environment and the neatness of your officers and everyone. You didn't really know that I was coming so I can see that this is the culture and the norm of operations here.

"Thank you for the work you are doing, and cooperating with other security agencies to keep Akwa Ibom safe. Thank you for all your support. But please find time after work to own a farm, even if it is at the back of your house so that we can help bring down the price of food items. Anything you plant here can help," he stated.

Earlier, the State Comptroller of NIS, Jummai Babson, thanked the Governor for his support to the command which she said has enhanced their duty in the State.

The NIS boss assured the governor of the determination of the officers and men of the command to work for the safety of the State.

(1) (Reply)

Ezie-ogo: Elu Ohafia Elders, Ikwu Nwo–ali Reject Election By Development Union, / Open Letter: Comr. Rilwanu Iyal Mafara Appeals to Gov Lawal for Peace & Security / WHO'S BRAINWASHING NIGERIANS OVER CRISIS OF CONSTITUTIONAL LOGJAM?~NDIDI UWECHUE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.