Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Open Letter: Comr. Rilwanu Iyal Mafara Appeals to Gov Lawal for Peace & Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter: Comr. Rilwanu Iyal Mafara Appeals to Gov Lawal for Peace & Security (67 Views)

Zamfara: Supreme Court Affirms Gov Lawal-Dare (PDP), Dismisses APC's Suit / Zamfara: We’re Not Scared Of Rerun – PDP Boasts As Court Sacks Gov Lawal / Zamfara: PDP, APC Bicker Over Attempt To Bribe Trbunal Judges, Impeach Gov Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter: Comr. Rilwanu Iyal Mafara Appeals to Gov Lawal for Peace & Security by Mrmicro: 7:49am On Apr 07
Comr. Rilwanu Iyal Mafara, the esteemed Zamfara State Coordinator of the Youths and Students’ Alliance, has penned a poignant and urgent letter addressed to the Governor of Zamfara State, His Excellency Dauda Lawal. In this letter, Comr. Mafara articulates the grave concerns shared by the citizens of Zamfara regarding the escalating insecurity within the state, particularly along the Talata Mafara-Gusau road.

With a firm commitment to the welfare of his fellow citizens, Comr. Mafara advocates for decisive action and collaborative efforts to address the pressing security challenges facing Zamfara State. His letter serves as a rallying cry for peace, security, and prosperity in the face of adversity. The letter reads;

ZAMFARA ONCE KNOWN AS ONE OF THE MOST PEACEFUL STATE IN NIGERIA HAS NOW BECOME A HOTBED OF VIOLENCE, INNOCENT KILLINGS, BLOODSHED, BANDITRY, AND RAMPANT KIDNAPPING; A CALL FOR URGENT ACTION: AN OPEN LETTER TO HIS EXCELLENCY GOVERNOR DAUDA LAWAL

3rd April, 2024.

His Excellency, Governor Dauda Lawal PhD,
The Executive Governor of Zamfara State,
Office of the Executive Governor,
Zamfara State Government House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
Nigeria.

Dear Governor Dauda Lawal,

URGENT INTERVENTION REQUIRED TO ADDRESS INSECURITY IN ZAMFARA STATE PARTICULARLY TALATA MAFARA-GUSAU ROAD

While writing to you on the above subject, it is important to express my heartfelt appreciation for your relentless efforts in addressing the security challenges facing our dear state, particularly the alarming insecurity situation bedeviling Talata Mafara-Gusau axis, where cases of kidnapping have become rampant.

Your Excellency Sir, it is in light of the urgency and the need for immediate action, I deem it important to utilize the fastest means of communication available to reach you, who is responsible for the security apparatus of our dear state. Social media has proven to be a powerful tool in disseminating information quickly and reaching a wider audience. I believed that by leveraging on social media platforms, one can convey his/her concerns directly; bypassing the potential bureaucratic delays involved in traditional communication channels. I therefore, apologize for choosing to air my concerns through this medium.

Your Excellency Sir First and foremost, I would like to commend you for your unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety and security of the people of Zamfara State and other developmental projects since assuming office as governor in 2023.

Your administration’s determination to tackle the security challenges head-on and provide a favorable environment for economic and social development is highly commendable.

The establishment of various security outfits and the collaboration with relevant security agencies demonstrate your commitment to the welfare of the people, and we appreciate your commitment to their safety and well-being.

The training of Community Protection Guard (Askarawa) and the establishment of Zamfara State Security Trust Fund in the state are steps worthy of commendation. These initiatives demonstrate your proactive approach to tackling the security issues faced by the people of Zamfara State.

However, despite the commendable efforts being made, I would like to draw your attention to the persisting security challenges in Zamfara State especially Talata Mafara-Gusau road.

The increasing cases of kidnapping along this route have caused significant distress among the residents and travelers who rely on this road for their daily activities.

The frequency and audacity of these criminal activities have instilled fear and anxiety, hindering economic growth, and causing immense suffering to the affected individuals and communities. Therefore, the current situation demands urgent attention and intervention from both the state and federal authorities.

I understand that you may not have direct control over Nigerian security personnel, I strongly urge you to put forth more effort in addressing the security situation in the state.

While I acknowledge that the responsibility for security ultimately lies with the federal government, I believe that as the Governor of Zamfara State, you have a crucial role to play in advocating for increased security measures and coordinating efforts to protect the lives and property of the people you serve.

In light of the above, I respectfully appeal to His Excellency, the Executive Governor to consider the following measures: More https://microblog.com.ng/open-letter-comr-rilwanu-iyal-mafara-appeals-to-governor-lawal-for-peace-and-security-in-zamfara/

(1) (Reply)

Maximize Your Potentials As Agents Of Change - Amb. Abbas Tells Nigerian Youths / Ex-kogi Gov: Csos, Activists Caution EFCC Against Misrepresenting Nigeria As Law / Report And Concern On Electricity Access In Michika And Madagali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.