Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. (28555 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu And Governor El-Rufai In War Of Words / Court Indicts Chidi Odinkalu, Awards ₦250 Million As Damages To Odili / Chidi Odinkalu: 'El-Rufai Lied, He Cooked Up The Story Of 66 People Killed' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by FireUpNow(m): 10:27am On Apr 06
malali:
Brotherhood turn to sisterhood because of livelihood.........on his way to prison neighborhood.

Raised by his fatherhood and his motherhood during his childhood in a Lagos neighborhood.

Always spreading falsehood and claiming victimhood on the online nationhood.

Spending money like a Robinhood without a source of livelihood.

So deep
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by mytime24(f): 10:32am On Apr 06
malali:
Brotherhood turn to sisterhood because of livelihood.........on his way to prison neighborhood.

Raised by his fatherhood and his motherhood during his childhood in a Lagos neighborhood.

why U no give Portable this verse na 😂
d music fr top d chart
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Patojargz: 10:33am On Apr 06
Cry Cry Govt! Anytime dem open their yansh dem go begin cry
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Kusu12: 11:27am On Apr 06
Odinkalu is another deluded obirodent, always making senseless and irrelevant comments. As far as it's not coming from their fake messiah, they must wail. Nothing can please the losers. Wailing is in their DNA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by manikspears: 11:50am On Apr 06
Thundafireseun:

So bob went to Court without bresss and nyashhh

He was not allowed to go with them grin
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by rainluv: 11:53am On Apr 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The reason is because Bobrisky is Yoruba if he is Igbo like Cubana Priest they wouldn't have touched him. grin grin grin grin

Cry cry bobo tongue
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Forkthiefnubu: 11:53am On Apr 06
MadamExcellency:

Abuse of Naira is not a financial crime. It is a misdemeanor that police should prosecute in a magistrate court.
Thank you sir
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Forkthiefnubu: 11:56am On Apr 06
Kusu12:
Odinkalu is another deluded obirodent, always making senseless and irrelevant comments. As far as it's not coming from their fake messiah, they must wail. Nothing can please the losers. Wailing is in their DNA.
I tot I have seen losers and hopelessness until I ran into ur comment, you take the biscuit for a wasted life
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by olatuns2017: 12:05pm On Apr 06
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Johnjustice: 12:12pm On Apr 06
Udeh402017:
Bobrisky's arrest by the Efcc is a clear case of voice of Jacob and hand of Esau.
Efcc couldn't arrest him for Cross dressing since there's no locus standi for that. They waited till he/she comits the same every Nigerian is guilty of.

Moral lesson: don't give your enemy an opportunity to get at you.
A lot of others have been arrested for that same offense, an actress was recently sentenced to 6 months in jail or option of fine, for that same offense.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by plaetton: 12:21pm On Apr 06
MadamExcellency:

Abuse of Naira is not a financial crime. It is a misdemeanor that police should prosecute in a magistrate court.

Thank you jare.

A clear displacement of priorities indeed.

The EFCC, from its own history, is a very corrupt organization. Its leaders lack the moral courage to pursue Its mandate: the arrest and prosecution of Nigeria's networks of economic criminals.

So in typical cowardly fashion, it goes after the lowest hanging fruits to entertain us and justify its existence.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Minime10(f): 12:38pm On Apr 06
Na pesin like Prof. Chidi Odinkalu EFCC go threaten with legal action🤓
That guy is a celebral lawyer and can hold his own any time, any day.
So don't just threaten him, file your papers & have him served, and I can assure u that Prof. will respond accordingly🤓
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Truvelisback(m): 12:41pm On Apr 06
Blazetrailer:
I believe the current EFCC has lost its focus. I agree with Odinkalu
Bandits displayed stolen funds online, EFFC turned a blind eye. Gumi, the terrorists ambassador, who keeps defending terrorists, EFFC didn't go after him. Na because him spray money, dem come dey treat as if him thief or commit murder.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Kusu12: 1:18pm On Apr 06
Forkthiefnubu:

I tot I have seen losers and hopelessness until I ran into ur comment, you take the biscuit for a wasted life

You and your fellow deluded obirodents are the losers wailing, grunting like pig and peddling falsehood everywhere.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Sholaco: 1:32pm On Apr 06
He should have mentioned Ipob ESN among the insecurities he listed...mumu man
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Raylight2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 06
Thundafireseun:

Ask me again
Okay!

Are they detachable?
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Thundafireseun: 1:52pm On Apr 06
Raylight2:

Okay!

Are they detachable?

Ask me again
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 2:01pm On Apr 06
malali:

You sounds like a guy I met in KD some years back. The guy's name is MC Rhyme; he can rhyme for Africa
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Raylight2(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06
Thundafireseun:

Ask me again

You no even know.

I thought you do😁
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Blazetrailer: 2:57pm On Apr 06
Let me educate you.
The measure of how well public institutions or offices perform world over is called the Triple E
1. Economy: How well you optimised the "supposedly" scarce public funds given to you to achieve your programs without overspending
2. Efficiency: How you used the "scarce" resources to score bigger points or make bigger impacts than the commensurate effect of the funds
3. Effectiveness: How your actions or implementations reach out to the populace or impact on their lives/change their lives positively in the direction expected by the policies or the government.

The question you should ask yourself is, given the scarce resources that EFCC might have and other constraints, would the Triple E have been better achieved if these same resources are deployed instead to:
1. Prosecute Betta Edu who committed a blatant abuse of all economic and financial crimes in the face of the nation
2. Prosecute Ganduje: Who has been reported several times to EFCC(evidences of petitions abound) and who has boasted that no one can prosecute him unless EFCC or the AGF approves(we have been waiting for EFCC since 2018)
3. Prosecute Olubunmi-Ojo (Minister of Interior) whose company have been linked to receiving funds from the suspended minister(Betta Edu) and who never declared this same company in his deposit at the code of conduct bureau
4. So many other big ones..

I am no supporter of Bobrisky, and there are so many other well placed public figures that have been seen and publicly recorded to have been involved in the abuse of the naira(something i consider detestable personally)...but in the face of the supposedly scarce resources that EFCC claimed it had, would the public interest not be seen to have been served more and the Triple E not achieved better if EFCC deployed those resources to chase the cases i mentioned above?? if you can honestly answer the question without your conscience fluffing, then we know where your reasoning belong.

We know Bobrisky is being prosecuted more for the kind of person that he/she is rather than the offence s/he is being arraigned for. The rest na story!!

adioolayi:

Is the prosecution of anyone that abuses the Naira part of statutory functions of the EFCC or not

While it is true that Nigeria has loads of security and financial challenges to deal with, mitigating against the abuse of Naira is also a challenge.

EFCC have not done anything outside their operations.

Odinkalu should know when to rest...he can't ask a law enforcement agent to look away because a crime committed, according to his own standard, is of a "lesser" degree to other crimes.

Let me educate
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by millhouse: 3:34pm On Apr 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The reason is because Bobrisky is Yoruba if he is Igbo like Cubana Priest they wouldn't have touched him. grin grin grin grin
when the mind is empty all one can do is throw in the tribal card . Spits .
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:36pm On Apr 06
millhouse:
when the mind is empty all one can do is throw in the tribal card . Spits .

I hope they learn from always shouting victims. Am glad you have learnt something.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Advancedman(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by adioolayi(m): 5:42pm On Apr 06
Blazetrailer:
Let me educate you.
The measure of how well public institutions or offices perform world over is called the Triple E
1. Economy: How well you optimised the "supposedly" scarce public funds given to you to achieve your programs without overspending
2. Efficiency: How you used the "scarce" resources to score bigger points or make bigger impacts than the commensurate effect of the funds
3. Effectiveness: How your actions or implementations reach out to the populace or impact on their lives/change their lives positively in the direction expected by the policies or the government.

The question you should ask yourself is, given the scarce resources that EFCC might have and other constraints, would the Triple E have been better achieved if these same resources are deployed instead to:
1. Prosecute Betta Edu who committed a blatant abuse of all economic and financial crimes in the face of the nation
2. Prosecute Ganduje: Who has been reported several times to EFCC(evidences of petitions abound) and who has boasted that no one can prosecute him unless EFCC or the AGF approves(we have been waiting for EFCC since 2018)
3. Prosecute Olubunmi-Ojo (Minister of Interior) whose company have been linked to receiving funds from the suspended minister(Betta Edu) and who never declared this same company in his deposit at the code of conduct bureau
4. So many other big ones..

I am no supporter of Bobrisky, and there are so many other well placed public figures that have been seen and publicly recorded to have been involved in the abuse of the naira(something i consider detestable personally)...but in the face of the supposedly scarce resources that EFCC claimed it had, would the public interest not be seen to have been served more and the Triple E not achieved better if EFCC deployed those resources to chase the cases i mentioned above?? if you can honestly answer the question without your conscience fluffing, then we know where your reasoning belong.

We know Bobrisky is being prosecuted more for the kind of person that he/she is rather than the offence s/he is being arraigned for. The rest na story!!

Let me educate

Thank you for this engagement.

Firstly, I personally do not see the arrest and prosecution of Bobrisky by the EFCC as a witch-hunt, because he was not the first celebrity to be prosecuted for Naira Abuse in recent years...the last before his,that I know of was that of a Nollyhood actress, "Simi Gold" ..prosecuted in February 2023 for same offence as that of Bobrisky.

Back to your Triple E analysis, thank you for this, as I am coming across these for the very first time.

I am of the opinion that Naira Abuse has been a cancer in our society, and almost everyone is guilty..Spraying the Naira at parties tops this chart, it seems to be our culture and law enforcement agencies that will stop us from doing this will do loads of work.

Reorientation of a very large society like Nigeria will cost a lot of money.

Have you heard of Classical deterrence theory before?..It's just about how deterrence are being used to discourage crime.

For me, prosecution of a celebrity for a crime being committed by a very large society like Nigeria, can serve as a deterrence...making larger populace very conscious of the law and the crime.

I think the arrest and prosecution of a celebrity like Bobrisky is cost effective for EFCC, CBN and FGN sending subtle message to the larger society that Naira Abuse is a crime, punishable under the law.

Bobrisky's prosecution is a deterrence...All of your Es were ticked by this singular action of EFCC.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Arabaincubus: 7:03pm On Apr 06
Complete idiots.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by budaatum: 7:42pm On Apr 06
ebenholer2:

Let the present EFCC begin from somewhere. Next time you see any other person perpetrating these acts unabated please post such case here. We will all assist you to make it publicly known as nepotism.

We can then send it to https://twitter.com/officialEFCC

Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by budaatum: 7:50pm On Apr 06
kingthreat:

So to be good on the white man's statistics, we should accept everything the whiteman says?

How is electricity in your neighbourhood?
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by themanderon: 7:55pm On Apr 06
Idle clowns. They roam after smaller criminals like Yahoo boys and this clown Bobrisky while politicians are running riot with the nation's Treasury.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Blazetrailer: 8:44pm On Apr 06
adioolayi:

Thank you for this engagement.

Firstly, I personally do not see the arrest and prosecution of Bobrisky by the EFCC as a witch-hunt, because he was not the first celebrity to be prosecuted for Naira Abuse in recent years...the last before his,that I know of was that of a Nollyhood actress, "Simi Gold" ..prosecuted in February 2023 for same offence as that of Bobrisky.

Back to your Triple E analysis, thank you for this, as I am coming across these for the very first time.

I am of the opinion that Naira Abuse has been a cancer in our society, and almost everyone is guilty..Spraying the Naira at parties tops this chart, it seems to be our culture and law enforcement agencies that will stop us from doing this will do loads of work.

Reorientation of a very large society like Nigeria will cost a lot of money.

Have you heard of Classical deterrence theory before?..It's just about how deterrence are being used to discourage crime.

r me, prosecution of a celebrity for a crime being committed by a very large society like Nigeria, can serve as a deterrence...making larger populace very conscious of the law and the crime.

I think the arrest and prosecution of a celebrity like Bobrisky is cost effective for EFCC, CBN and FGN sending subtle message to the larger society that Naira Abuse is a crime, punishable under the law.

Bobrisky's prosecution is a deterrence...All of your Es were ticked by this singular action of EFCC.

Question, you haven't answered. Chasing Bobrisky or prosecuting Ganduje, given limited resources, which would serve the public interest more and send the "high toned" anti corruption message more as a deterrence? All those things you typed na grammar. If you can answer honestly, without flinching, then, again, we know where you belong.

By the way, just read the charges and went through the CBM act and the criminal codes, what Bobrisky was charged for is a misdemeanor, that should have been prosecuted by the police. There is no financial or economic crime in what s/he did. This was why there was an initial accusations of money laundering(was dropped immediately because they knew there was no evidence)to paper the gap that it's purely a witch-hunt. Such offices should have more important national issues to deal with to serve as deterrence, not this one
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by danzaki63: 9:13pm On Apr 06
This Odinaku must be using the services of Bobrisky, if not why did he carry the matter for head? Let him go and bail him first. We will continue the matter from there.
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:02pm On Apr 06
MadamExcellency:

See what this bush man is saying,,, you are disgrace to your family
Re: EFCC Threatens Legal Action Against Odinkalu Over Bobrisky commentaries. by Jessez: 11:04pm On Apr 06
pretydiva:
But what the man stated is the truth. Bobrisky isn't the only one guilty of this crime. Nigerians are guilty of naira abuse

That’s why they want to use him as a good example,, bob is not the first person,,, keep quiet mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poll Shift Drama In Aso Villa by Punch. / Otti Sends Condolence Message To Ikpeazu (photo) / Nigeria To Sell Ajaokuta Steel Company After Spending $80bn On A Moribund Steel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.